It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am not ready for hockey. I am going to have trouble getting excited because even if the Hawks play well (like last year) in the regular season, I am worried about their lack of heart that we saw in the playoffs. That was literally the worst effort I have witnessed by a team that had all that talent. Four games, and they may have only played one or two good periods of hockey. It hurts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
denisdman wrote:
I am not ready for hockey. I am going to have trouble getting excited because even if the Hawks play well (like last year) in the regular season, I am worried about their lack of heart that we saw in the playoffs. That was literally the worst effort I have witnessed by a team that had all that talent. Four games, and they may have only played one or two good periods of hockey. It hurts.

I'm not just a Hawks fan but an NHL fan overall. I personally think the days of contending for a Cup with this core is over but I still love watching and following the NHL regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:09 pm 

Greatly enjoyed the Bill Simmons podcast on the 25 greatest games of the Belichick/Brady era. Granted, I have been a casual Pats fan throughout their run.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:32 pm 

I know I am one 5 guys on this site that likes cycling but the Stages podcast with Lance Armstrong is really good. He gives great insight and is not the bitter, insufferable prick that many think he would be. While this would never happen, he would be great with the NBC Sports cycling coverage.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FrankDrebin wrote:
Puckin Hostile has been killing it with their last two podcasts- one on the Hawks offseason, the latest on prospect camp. Best hockey podcast out there for Hawks stuff; puts the others to shame with their depth of knowledge and lack of SJW talk.

Thanks for the support

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 pm 

DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Puckin Hostile has been killing it with their last two podcasts- one on the Hawks offseason, the latest on prospect camp. Best hockey podcast out there for Hawks stuff; puts the others to shame with their depth of knowledge and lack of SJW talk.

Thanks. I need more Hawks podcasts. Plus, I need things to listen to instead of all this Bears training camp drivel.

Also just recently did a Blackhawks season preview with The Biscuit Podcast.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
DAC wrote:
I know I am one 5 guys on this site that likes cycling but the Stages podcast with Lance Armstrong is really good. He gives great insight and is not the bitter, insufferable prick that many think he would be. While this would never happen, he would be great with the NBC Sports cycling coverage.

Lance, for this grueling mountain stage coming up today, would you say its better to dope the night before or the morning of?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:21 pm 

PuckinHostile wrote:
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Thanks. I need more Hawks podcasts. Plus, I need things to listen to instead of all this Bears training camp drivel.

I don't know if you guys run in the same circles at all but if you stuff Sam Fels' head into a toilet when you see him, ill be a fan for life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:55 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
DAC wrote:

Lance, for this grueling mountain stage coming up today, would you say its better to dope the night before or the morning of?

That is some clever stuff right there!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
The Adam & Dr. Drew Show has a certain Loveline feel to it, though not quite there. It's usually good, but sometimes Adam gets pissy when he tries to make a point and somebody asks for clarification. They clearly misheard something or just wanted to make sure before carrying on, but he gets all mad.

KFC Radio on Barstool is really funny.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:52 pm 

ChiefWampum wrote:
The Adam & Dr. Drew Show has a certain Loveline feel to it, though not quite there. It's usually good, but sometimes Adam gets pissy when he tries to make a point and somebody asks for clarification. They clearly misheard something or just wanted to make sure before carrying on, but he gets all mad.

KFC Radio on Barstool is really funny.

Its loveline but instead of Drew giving medical opinions, he gives social takes....which is a lot worse.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:33 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
PuckinHostile wrote:
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

I don't know if you guys run in the same circles at all but if you stuff Sam Fels' head into a toilet when you see him, ill be a fan for life.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:07 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:

Listened to their last podcast today. I definitely enjoyed the Hawk talk. The sound drops were funny. They could leave out the 20+ minutes of buying blowout Hawk jerseys from the outlet store. Overall, I enjoyed it. Glad it doesn't have all the commercials like the Madhouse Podcast.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Listened to their last podcast today. I definitely enjoyed the Hawk talk. The sound drops were funny. They could leave out the 20+ minutes of buying blowout Hawk jerseys from the outlet store. Overall, I enjoyed it. Glad it doesn't have all the commercials like the Madhouse Podcast.

Love the Trump and wrestling sound drops; they actually used them less this podcast, which made them more effective. I actually enjoyed the blowout jersey talk; I wasn't aware there was an outlet store and replacing the nameplates is a good idea to make them relevant. Definitely will keep listening to their shows during the season. Seems like a couple of guys grew up near me in the Burbank/Oak Lawn/Chicago area.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:10 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Love the Trump and wrestling sound drops; they actually used them less this podcast, which made them more effective. I actually enjoyed the blowout jersey talk; I wasn't aware there was an outlet store and replacing the nameplates is a good idea to make them relevant. Definitely will keep listening to their shows during the season. Seems like a couple of guys grew up near me in the Burbank/Oak Lawn/Chicago area.

The only jersey I will wear with the name on the back is my own and my sports playing days are pretty much over.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:32 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Thanks for listening. Stankus and I are from Evergreen Park and Chicago Ridge. I've been updating the sound board and trying to phase out the older tired clips. Truly, though, thank you for spreading the word.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 am 

PuckinHostile wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
DAC wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Thanks for listening. Stankus and I are from Evergreen Park and Chicago Ridge. I've been updating the sound board and trying to phase out the older tired clips. Truly, though, thank you for spreading the word.

I grew up in the Palos area and went to a Catholic HS so I had a lot of friends from all those areas. I am looking forward to these podcasts moving forward. Love getting some intelligent Hawk talk when they are mostly ignored by the Score and ESPN.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
True Crime Garage
Post Wrestling (Live Audio Wrestling alums)
Baseball Historian Podcast- old radio broadcasts of games from the 60s and earlier
The Rink Podcast- Blackhawks (Puckin Hostile alums)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:47 pm 

Bill Simmons recently interviewed Matt Damon on movies from the 90s and Good Will Hunting. He also talked a lot about Rounders. Definitely worth listening to if you enjoyed that era of movies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
DAC wrote:
Bill Simmons recently interviewed Matt Damon on movies from the 90s and Good Will Hunting. He also talked a lot about Rounders. Definitely worth listening to if you enjoyed that era of movies.

well, I do happen to enjoy apples.....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
NFL Game Theory & Money podcast...good listen for handicapping games:

https://art19.com/shows/game-theory-and-money

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
DAC wrote:

Simmons is terrible at everything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:21 pm 

Why'd Cousin Sal stop doing the Sportsguy parody voice mails? Was the best part of their weekly NFL season Guess the Lines podcast:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
DAC wrote:

Simmons is terrible at everything.

Disregarding your hyperbole, Simmons is someone who I don't particularly care for. His podcasts can be entertaining in spite of him depending on his guest.

Hussra- you like Cousin Sal's voice mails? Back when I listened to them guessing the lines every week, that was a part I always fast forwarded. I haven't really listened much to Simmons over the last year. I always enjoyed his podcasts with Klosterman.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 pm 

Klosterman's good on college sports, esp hoops.

Cousin Sal's mock BS voice-mails at their best were a piss-take on Sportsguy's pop-culture-and-irrational-exuberance-for-a-new-QB/player columns. Figure Simmons didn't appreciate being mocked and put the kibosh on em when they left ESPN.

Cousin Sal has a new sports gambling show on fox sports weekday afternoons and a gambling pod on Ringer, 'Against All Odds'.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Crimetown.

Season 1 is free on Gimlet. Season 2 is on Spotify and I'm not sure if it's free or not.

Skip through the annoying ads. Pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Just got through the current episodes of Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez and Football Inc. and Steve McNair-Fall of a Titan.

Highly recommend both. They are on Spotify.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Peoria Matt wrote:
Crimetown.

Season 1 is free on Gimlet. Season 2 is on Spotify and I'm not sure if it's free or not.

Skip through the annoying ads. Pretty interesting.

Up and Vanished
Atlanta Monster

Are pretty good too

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:32 pm 

Joe Rogan had the 2 guys on who submitted all those nonsensical papers for peer review into academia which were accepted by the " intellgensia". Its quite the listen and great commentary on the garbage SJW times that we live in. Linked.

https://youtu.be/AZZNvT1vaJg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I mentioned this before, while it is not technically a podcast, someone on youtube will upload the daily The Breakfast Club shows minus the commercials and music almost immediately after the show is over for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiqjzt ... NTHY4FUqOg