It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jim Rome Smack-Off 2017
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
For all you lames that were wasting your time listening to Grimace or whoever......
http://jimrome.com/2017/07/28/7282017-smack-off-23/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I use to like listening to Rome. Even like 5 years ago it was entertaining. But Ive tried listening these days and it just sucks. Maybe too much of the same act, but the show in no longer entertaining. The smack off has gotten really stupid too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
HawaiiYou wrote:
I use to like listening to Rome. Even like 5 years ago it was entertaining. But Ive tried listening these days and it just sucks. Maybe too much of the same act, but the show in no longer entertaining. The smack off has gotten really stupid too.

Boomer is starting to run circles around him in the CBS sports minutes as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizzeria Mozza
HawaiiYou wrote:

The Smack Off has only gotten stupid in the way of Leff in Laguna relying on gimmicks to retain the crown. Once he dug up Terrance in Sierra Madre, you knew whatever take he came with would win. Otherwise, it is still the best day in sports radio. Solid takes by Brad in Corona before he suicided and Mike in Indy (that was a winning call).

Occasional reader of this board, never felt compelled to respond until this. When you turn on the Smack Off at the beginning and hear the "Teenage Wasteland" intro....what other radio segment gets you as amped up? "Can't do it?"; "My wife or radio partner?" 23 years running, nothing comes close. No one takes days off to listen to any other radio event.

Agreed, Jim has mellowed after switching to CBS. But, he is no longer the "young punk"...he's 52. He has still retained his fastball better than a Terry Boers or Mike Francesa. When he wants to, he can still bring it. Check out the 7/21 Jungle Podcast after OJ was granted parole.