It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We are going to need a flow chart here for all the "Not a whore" vs. "Literal whore" determinations.

I would prefer a powerpoint presentation.

I can't believe Powerpoint is still the corporate standard, and I am stuck using it weekly. It is TERRIBLE compared to the alternatives. Google needs to buy Visme and push it. It is better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
IMU wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We are going to need a flow chart here for all the "Not a whore" vs. "Literal whore" determinations.

I can't believe Powerpoint is still the corporate standard, and I am stuck using it weekly. It is TERRIBLE compared to the alternatives. Google needs to buy Visme and push it. It is better.

Death by powerpoint is a real thing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
IMU wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yeah, I fucking hate powerpoint. Our whole training archive is in powerpoint, though, and it's easy enough for me to update it and use it for the new hires...so much of what I teach can't really be captured in a presentation, though...we do a lot more hands on with the catalog and out in the shop.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Is it me, or does everyone spend way too much time choosing fonts and color schemes in PowerPoint?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
Is it me, or does everyone spend way too much time choosing fonts and color schemes in PowerPoint?

Yep

Some do it to play around, some do it to make sure you're not nuking your readers eyeballs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:05 am 

When in doubt, use less red.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
espn looks like a bunch of idiots in all of this. ponder looks bad, spain looks bad.

barstool made out like a bandit in all of this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:42 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I don't know about PFT, but if you look at the tweets BigCat liked, I'd say he's more pissed at Sarah Spain as she was leading the outcry in Bristol. I'd say he'll fire his shots at her. She pretty much did this thinking that she could get her own show... Guess what, they don't give aging ex-whores (she did literally whore herself out online) TV shows. She'll be gone in the next round of layoffs in Bristol as I have a feeling ESPN heads don't like those who actively sabotage new shows for selfish reasons.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/10/17/some-e ... aboration/

Quote:
In September, Spain sent emails to ESPN executives detailing her reservations about collaborating with Barstool, given the brand’s history of what she deems to be misogynistic content, The Big Lead has learned from two people familiar with the matter who requested anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information.

Spain approached ESPN senior management at the ESPNW Summit in Los Angeles earlier this month and reiterated her concerns, which were then conveyed to ESPN EVP of programming and scheduling Burke Magnus, who oversaw the acquisition of the show. Yesterday was also assuredly not the first instance that Sam Ponder expressed her dismay with the affiliation.

Spain declined to comment for this story.

Well, first time for everything, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 am 

hnd wrote:
espn looks like a bunch of idiots in all of this. ponder looks bad, spain looks bad.

I do not believe Barstool gained even a single additional visitor or listener based on this fiasco.

ESPN was attempting to pull some traffic from Barstool, or at least have the attention of their users and listeners from time to time. I don't think Barstool is successfully pulling anyone away from ESPN due to this. Barstool has a very specific audience, and they already perform strongly with that audience. This certainly hasn't widened their appeal. Their traffic may spike slightly this month, but their returning visitor numbers will not impress.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Fuck ESPN.

I hope they enjoy their fall into red ink on Disney's financial statements

ESPN shouldn't have green lit Van Talk based on the just the idea. The interview portion of PMT in a van was lazy.

The show was going to get cancelled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:02 pm 

IMU wrote:
hnd wrote:

I do not believe Barstool gained even a single additional visitor or listener based on this fiasco.

ESPN was attempting to pull some traffic from Barstool, or at least have the attention of their users and listeners from time to time. I don't think Barstool is successfully pulling anyone away from ESPN due to this. Barstool has a very specific audience, and they already perform strongly with that audience. This certainly hasn't widened their appeal. Their traffic may spike slightly this month, but their returning visitor numbers will not impress.

The podcast may gain listeners. But you can access the podcast easily through apps like Stitcher or Apple Podcast. I've been listening for the past 6 months with accessing their website once.

The PMT brand has eclipsed the Barstool brand. I can't even remember PMT plugging Barstool items.

Last edited by Kirkwood on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Fuck ESPN.

ESPN shouldn't have green lit Van Talk based on the just the idea. The interview portion of PMT in a van was lazy.

So ESPN decided that maybe short term help wasn’t worth the backlash and trouble it would cause them? Yeah but NFL owners .....

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:10 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Fuck ESPN.

So ESPN decided that maybe short term help wasn’t worth the backlash and trouble it would cause them? Yeah but NFL owners .....

Big Cat and PMT have talent, great chemistry and are pretty funny. On their podcast where they revealed the show they stated the content will likely change and evolve from the first episode.

Appears ESPN gave them a show as a "eh, what the hell, let's see what happens". And then the idiot founder ran his mouth trying to be a tough guy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
https://twitter.com/jwalaszek/status/922826920261189636

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 pm 

LMFAO you gotta be some kind of stupid to get fired on your first day

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:41 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
https://twitter.com/jwalaszek/status/922826920261189636

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm 

Big Cat seemed pretty upset with this on Dan Patrick today and didn't go hard on ESPN about it. He seemed like a guy who knew that Barstool is a problem for a guy becoming a bigger star.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Cat seemed pretty upset with this on Dan Patrick today and didn't go hard on ESPN about it. He seemed like a guy who knew that Barstool is a problem for a guy becoming a bigger star.

Great show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:56 pm 

Big Cat will no longer be with Barstool, in any capacity, within a year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:10 pm 

IMU wrote:

I’ll take that bet. Him, Pres, and KFC built that company, there’s no chance he walks away when it’s still growing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 pm 

SirTinkleButton wrote:
IMU wrote:

I’ll take that bet. Him, Pres, and KFC built that company, there’s no chance he walks away when it’s still growing.

Bet a half pound Beef N Cheddar combo meal, large?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:16 pm 

IMU wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
IMU wrote:

Bet a half pound Beef N Cheddar combo meal, large?

:cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:08 pm 

Barstool Nate bringing some fire on Ponder, Spain, etc.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 3889716224

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 pm 

SirTinkleButton wrote:
IMU wrote:

yeah, he is not going to leave. Those guys aren't just co-worker and boss for him, but among his closest friends. Let's just say no other company allows Big Cat near the kitchen sink.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If you want a good idea of the things Big Cat is thinking, but doesn't want to say himself, take a look at the tweets he likes. He's putting this not on ESPN as a company, but Ponder and Spain (once again she is a literal whore) as individuals.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If you want a good idea of the things Big Cat is thinking, but doesn't want to say himself, take a look at the tweets he likes. He's putting this not on ESPN as a company, but Ponder and Spain (once again she is a literal whore) as individuals.
Blame the dumbass founder for not just being a decent guy and saying 'My mistake.

Women are allowed to have objections to treatment like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:46 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Blame the dumbass founder for not just being a decent guy and saying 'My mistake.

Women are allowed to have objections to treatment like that.

Whores can't complain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I see the precious little gem who whored herself out for SB tickets had some tweets exposed yesterday where she wasn’t very nice . Interesting .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
badrogue17 wrote:
I see the precious little gem who whored herself out for SB tickets had some tweets exposed yesterday where she wasn’t very nice . Interesting .

The internet is undefeated

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:31 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:

Image?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next