It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Here is the line-up, which launches tomorrow

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/b ... 1637265365

7-9am – Barstool Breakfast featuring Julie Stewart Binks, Willie Colon, Francis
10 – 12am – Pat McAfee Show
12-1pm – Heartland Radio
1- 2pm – Chicks in the Office featuring Fran and Ria
4-6pm – Barstool Radio featuring KFC, Pres and Liz Gonzales
6-7pm – Evening Yak featuring Big Cat, Rone and Carrabis

That's 4 women in the line-up with on air roles, but Barstool is just a bunch of sexists :roll:

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I don't think I'm going to replace my Mad Dog channel 82 preset, but the NFL Network station is now out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
But they use the word Chick... So they must be horrible. :

I will give them a listen now that Bomani Jones is no longer on the radio.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 pm 

Sounds bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:35 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sounds bad.

still better than 670 from 1-6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:37 pm 

What's on overnight?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:43 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
What's on overnight?

They will replay shows from the day or play their podcasts so you'll get PMT, Barstool Heartland, KFC Radio, Barstool Rundown, Spittin' Chicklets, Zero Blog Thirty, I am Rapaport, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sounds bad.

Yep.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Also yep.

I don't know if there's a market for douchebag radio all day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:13 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sounds bad.

Yep.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Also yep.

I don't know if there's a market for douchebag radio all day.

More than Beta Nu-Male radio presented by Dan Bernstein

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 pm 

10-12 is a rough time because the national competition is LeBatard, Dan Patrick, and whoever is on MLB Radio which changes over the course of the week. But McAfee is a smart guy, so I will give him a shot tomorrow after my rehab class ends at 11.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
10-12 is a rough time because the national competition is LeBatard, Dan Patrick, and whoever is on MLB Radio which changes over the course of the week. But McAfee is a smart guy, so I will give him a shot tomorrow after my rehab class ends at 11.

He's a great pick for that slot though as his show is really a comedy show centered around sports. He's going to be Barstool's next breakout star as he's so damn likable. Plus he gets good NFL interviews being an ex-player.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
barstool breakfast for the 40 minutes i listened to was not good. not just a first day jitters thing, but all 3 of those people are uninteresting. and listening to the girl force fbombs into conversations was weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:40 am 

hnd wrote:
barstool breakfast for the 40 minutes i listened to was not good. not just a first day jitters thing, but all 3 of those people are uninteresting. and listening to the girl force fbombs into conversations was weird.

What is the deal exactly on Sirius XM with swearing? I remember when it debuted it was supposed to be the wild west, but then I turn on 90s on 9 and Big Poppa is on with the word fuck and pussy censored. What gives?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 am 

Podcasts are the future. Radio is dead!
Listen to our new radio channel!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sounds bad.

Great show today!

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:07 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
hnd wrote:

What is the deal exactly on Sirius XM with swearing? I remember when it debuted it was supposed to be the wild west, but then I turn on 90s on 9 and Big Poppa is on with the word fuck and pussy censored. What gives?

I read an article some time ago about this and what they found is that those stations get more play when parents know that they are censored. most satellite radio use is still in vehicle and with stations like 90's on 9 and 80's at 8. most of those people are over 30 and have children. and i love subjecting my children to the music of the 90's. we listen tot hat station a lot when the kids are in the car and we otherwise wouldn't if it wasn't censored. quite frankly the sirius kids programing is horrible. so we'd probably listen to good ole crap radio if we didn't have the censored stations available.

i'm not a prude. i appreciate well placed swearing. i just don't think that because you can you always have to. a well placed fuck can make stuff funnier. the word fuck itself isn't funny 99% of the time. i'm not 9.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
hnd wrote:

Most of the pop stations are censored. Everything else is not censored. Big Poppa on a station like backspin would definitely be played uncensored.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:22 pm 

hnd wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
hnd wrote:

I read an article some time ago about this and what they found is that those stations get more play when parents know that they are censored. most satellite radio use is still in vehicle and with stations like 90's on 9 and 80's at 8. most of those people are over 30 and have children. and i love subjecting my children to the music of the 90's. we listen tot hat station a lot when the kids are in the car and we otherwise wouldn't if it wasn't censored. quite frankly the sirius kids programing is horrible. so we'd probably listen to good ole crap radio if we didn't have the censored stations available.

i'm not a prude. i appreciate well placed swearing. i just don't think that because you can you always have to. a well placed fuck can make stuff funnier. the word fuck itself isn't funny 99% of the time. i'm not 9.

That makes sense to me. I'm just not in the right demographic. I listen to 90s on 9 because I like the nostalgia trip, and I don't have kids.

Most of the time when I'm alone I listen to Mad Dog channel 82, but the girlfriend doesn't like sports talk so if shes around its bumping up and down from 7 to 10.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
When Closer comes on a lithium and your 8 and 5 year olds are in the back seat you kind of jump. Or you forget to and hope that your kid the parrot doesn’t repeat any of that song in front t of your wife.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:20 pm 

I listened to about 90 seconds of it today pulling out of the hospital parking lot. PTFB before I even got to the main road. Horrible discussion about somebody being like Suge Knight.

Flipped ESPN XM back on, they had Mina Kimes in the second chair today with Stugotz as LeBatard is out with the flu. Her thoughts are akin to David Brinkley when compared to Sarah Spain.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:40 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I listened to about 90 seconds of it today pulling out of the hospital parking lot. PTFB before I even got to the main road. Horrible discussion about somebody being like Suge Knight.

Flipped ESPN XM back on, they had Mina Kimes in the second chair today with Stugotz as LeBatard is out with the flu. Her thoughts are akin to David Brinkley when compared to Sarah Spain.

Same. I listened on my drive from Edgewater into Water Tower Place. About 15 minutes of PMT radio. They were talking about rats, the bubonic plauge, and vomitoriums. I'm good dog. PTFB back to Mad Dog Russo talking to idiots yelling about Mike Tomlin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Maria is nice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:18 pm 

Can't stand Peter King so I flipped over on my drive back. Portnoy and to other clowns. Discussion topics included: small dogs, Jake and Logan Paul, having kids and finally talk about NBA fights. Lots of forced f bombs. This station is off to a rough start

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 pm 

i plan on listening to big cat on the way home. but as of now, its not making its way to the ole favorites list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm 

9-10 AM is now home to a show called Mike and the Murr Dog they also announced.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Caller Bob wrote:
Maria is nice

Delicious.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Maria is nice

Delicious.

Hank is a lucky guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 pm 

Some great shows today. Heartland radio is my early favorite, but that's largely because Pat McAfee is driving it. he's just an all around funny guy with some great stories to tell.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:41 pm 

This channel needs serious technical work. I turned it on at 2:40 and listen to some guy named Carmie talk about Kansas City. He sounded like he was calling from a 2 way radio down a well. Terrible call quality.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:57 pm 

i'm done. i gave it a go. 3 days worth of listening. back to rawdog comedy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next