It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I always assumed he was born in Chicago. Is his only connection that he lived in the city for 5-10 years after college?

You’re being sold a false bill of goods!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I always assumed he was born in Chicago. Is his only connection that he lived in the city for 5-10 years after college?

He was raised in MA but his family is from Chicago which is why he gravitated to Madison for college and Chicago for post-college life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
SpiralStairs wrote:

When he gets access to a time machine and is born here.

https://youtu.be/kon8QGmQevs?t=165

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Big Cat made it official he is moving to the Chicago office. Not really a surprise as it was the worst kept secret of the last 2 years that he'd be doing this and some of the Chicago guys had sort of spilled the beans when talking about their plans to add another floor to their office. That will be good for Chicago content.

I’d be willing to bet that 95% of Chicagoans have no idea what Barstool is. I’m a lifetime Chicagoan & sports fan who listens to sports talk regularly, and I wouldn’t have heard of it if it weren’t for this board.

I disagree. The Barstool brand right now is huge, esp to those 18-35. Like them or not Portnoy and Big Cat are big national figures.

I would say for the demo of 18-35 in Chicago they know more Barstool than WSCR or ESPN1000 personalities.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:26 pm 

Whether you like Barstool or not, this week's Red Line Radio is probably a good listen for this board as they had Mike North sit in since Chief and WSD are out turkey hunting in Nebraska.

Honestly some good Chicago radio talk and North saying something I've been saying for awhile that the Barstool Chicago guys are what WSCR was in the early days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:33 am 

cookie23 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Big Cat made it official he is moving to the Chicago office. Not really a surprise as it was the worst kept secret of the last 2 years that he'd be doing this and some of the Chicago guys had sort of spilled the beans when talking about their plans to add another floor to their office. That will be good for Chicago content.

I’d be willing to bet that 95% of Chicagoans have no idea what Barstool is. I’m a lifetime Chicagoan & sports fan who listens to sports talk regularly, and I wouldn’t have heard of it if it weren’t for this board.

I disagree. The Barstool brand right now is huge, esp to those 18-35. Like them or not Portnoy and Big Cat are big national figures.

I would say for the demo of 18-35 in Chicago they know more Barstool than WSCR or ESPN1000 personalities.

Barstool is basically morphing into the "dad bod" stage of The Score with pizza reviews and funny videos* of in office hijinks as the customer base ages out of college frat bro to recently graduated college frat bro to 9-5 cubicle working former frat bro who now drinks IPAs but only on Friday and Saturdays and if he wants to go crazy on Thursdays but he's going to feel it on Friday at work as he drinks a big Yeti cup of water. The only question is when does Barstool finally give it up, move to the suburbs, and start doing shows about Cooper's Hawk and debating whether living under a HOA is good or bad.

*-attempted

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:58 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Will Chicago accept a Massachusetts guy masquerading as a local?

I mean he lived in Chicago since age 22 with the exception of the last few years. At what point does he get to call himself a Chicagoan?

His kids can call themselves chicagoans.*

*to outsiders, as they will undoubtedly be living in Highland Park or Lincolnshire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:10 am 

I want to like Barstool. Their Chicago content is right up my alley. Whenever I watch, it just isn't that compelling. I don't dislike it. It just doesn't make me listen. Big Cat is kind of the embodiment of this thought. I hear "Big Cat" all over ESPN national and local. When I heard him, he didn't say anything particularly unique or insightful. Again, not bad but not above the glut of content out there where I would notice him.

Strangely, I like pizza reviews even though there is no chance I ever go to 99% of the places.

Why would they need more office space? The space they use looks like the type of non built out space you see when someone is on a month to month lease.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
I want to like Barstool. Their Chicago content is right up my alley. Whenever I watch, it just isn't that compelling. I don't dislike it. It just doesn't make me listen. Big Cat is kind of the embodiment of this thought. I hear "Big Cat" all over ESPN national and local. When I heard him, he didn't say anything particularly unique or insightful. Again, not bad but not above the glut of content out there where I would notice him.

Strangely, I like pizza reviews even though there is no chance I ever go to 99% of the places.

Why would they need more office space? The space they use looks like the type of non built out space you see when someone is on a month to month lease.

That's it in a nutshell..."I want to like Barstool". It's like it's missing a one key chromosome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store

when i first saw this i assumed barstool dubbed the audio but apparently this was a real question asked of goodell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
He referred to Portnoy as a journalist?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
why is this even being discussed?

Did they also ask him his opinion on the depp/heard trial?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
billypootons wrote:

when i first saw this i assumed barstool dubbed the audio but apparently this was a real question asked of goodell

I think that was real perjury by Goodell as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:15 am 

billypootons wrote:

the rapey wrestling coach wasting time with foolishness. He purposely has his coat off. I'm surprised he didn't roll up his sleeves just to show everyone how hard he is working.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Democrats run the Congress. They invited Goodell.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:38 am 

good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

the rapey wrestling coach wasting time with foolishness. He purposely has his coat off. I'm surprised he didn't roll up his sleeves just to show everyone how hard he is working.

This.

Why be elected to do things like solve problems when you can get retweets for stuff like this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:19 am 

One Post wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

This.

Why be elected to do things like solve problems when you can get retweets for stuff like this.

Let's be real, this is what we deserve when Congress in light of all of the issues facing the world and our country spends its time questioning the NFL Commissioner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:30 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

This.

Let's be real, this is what we deserve when Congress in light of all of the issues facing the world and our country spends its time questioning the NFL Commissioner.

No I wholeheartedly agree. I'm sure however Snyder ran his business violated a bunch of criminal and civil statutes. That said, when Joe's Automotive does the same, Nancy Pelosi isn't knocking on their door with a congressional hearing. You have 500 or so windbags that are primarily interested in (a) getting re-elected and (b) getting on TV.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Apparently, you don't know much about that dope. He never wears a coat. Trump forced him to put on a jacket when they met.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Apparently, you don't know much about that dope. He never wears a coat. Trump forced him to put on a jacket when they met.

I assumed that was the point of what gd was saying. Jordan never wears a coat as some symbol of him "working so hard that he has to take his coat off" and/or "never wears a coat because he's a working class guy".

I guess that was what I thought gd's point was is that this is all just terrible theater. Like I know that Dan Crenshaw doesn't mow his lawn wearing a suit, but Jim Jordan never wearing a coat as some sort of performance art is just the lowest knock off form of kabuki theater.

It's one of those situations where I like to say that someone is stupid. Either Jim Jordan thinks the audience is stupid to buy into his whole "working hard schtick" or Jim Jordan is stupid to think he audience buys into it. So that's my point, either Jim Jordan thinks we are stupid, or Jim Jordan is stupid. There is no good answer in those paired questions.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:53 pm 

I like this Southy broad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujk8hHT6s9g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:14 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I assumed that was the point of what gd was saying. Jordan never wears a coat as some symbol of him "working so hard that he has to take his coat off" and/or "never wears a coat because he's a working class guy".

I guess that was what I thought gd's point was is that this is all just terrible theater. Like I know that Dan Crenshaw doesn't mow his lawn wearing a suit, but Jim Jordan never wearing a coat as some sort of performance art is just the lowest knock off form of kabuki theater.

It's one of those situations where I like to say that someone is stupid. Either Jim Jordan thinks the audience is stupid to buy into his whole "working hard schtick" or Jim Jordan is stupid to think he audience buys into it. So that's my point, either Jim Jordan thinks we are stupid, or Jim Jordan is stupid. There is no good answer in those paired questions.

I just figured he was a savage who puts too much value on "comfort."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Portnoy Twitter beefing with Whitlock. You hate to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:15 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

THEY'RE EATING THEIR OWN!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Barstool worst sports book not even close. Win a 50 dollar bet get limited. Not even close.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
KDdidit wrote:

whitlock also shit on his ex business partner, clay travis, too. called him "knockoff portnoy".......while wearing a suit jacket over a hoodie?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i didnt realize portnoy stands on his tippy toes for pictures with taller people.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:00 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
billypootons wrote:
i didnt realize portnoy stands on his tippy toes for pictures with taller people.

To be honest, this doesn't bother me. As far as I'm concerned, this is no different than a fat girl striking their "pose" so they don't look as fat. Suck the belly in, turn sideways, bend your knees a little and lean forward so the shirt isn't hanging on the belly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
El Presidente and the crew were in DeKalb tonight. A couple Barstool bros came into the bar I hang out at wearing those -2 shirts they were giving out. I said something about Portnoy and they both were all about "fuck him...Big Cat rules!". I just laughed as they were promoting Portnoy's brand no matter what they thought of him. He laughs all the way to the bank.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next