It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:39 am 

hnd wrote:
as i was getting ready i had get up on again.. i mean its cold pizza with more expensive hosts.

the best show on espn is sportsnation. because it is fun. this show is trying to be too serious and who wants that in the morning.

Agreed wholeheartedly. But they've even been trying to kill that show for years now. It's as if they don't get the selling points of their popular shows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
marceles wiley is the best thing going at espn right now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21 am 

Booger McFarland is by far the best thing going for "Get Up" any chance ESPN can get him on the better....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:24 pm 

Sarge wrote:
Booger McFarland is by far the best thing going for "Get Up" any chance ESPN can get him on the better....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Funny thing is that he, Beadle & Jalen actually seem to have chemistry. I'll check back later for them.

Greenie brings most conversations to grinding halts, and has for years. Maybe(as the HFC implied 23-24 yrs. ago) he is best left to staring into mirrors asking about "handsome devils" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:26 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Sarge wrote:

Funny thing is that he, Beadle & Jalen actually seem to have chemistry. I'll check back later for them.

Greenie brings most conversations to grinding halts, and has for years. Maybe(as the HFC implied 23-24 yrs. ago) he is best left to staring into mirrors asking about "handsome devils" :lol:
I haven't seen this show but Beadle and Jalen are two of the best ESPN personalities.

Greenie is like the Kristin Stewart of sports.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Sarge wrote:

I haven't seen this show but Beadle and Jalen are two of the best ESPN personalities.

Greenie is like the Kristin Stewart of sports.

SEE EVERYONE, BRICK DOESN'T ALWAYS WANT TO ARGUE!!!!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jalen has been a riot with David Jacoby on the early evening radio show. He simply doesn't give two fucks, he's made his money, he's living his life his way, and nobody is going to stop him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:11 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Jalen has been a riot with David Jacoby on the early evening radio show. He simply doesn't give two fucks, he's made his money, he's living his life his way, and nobody is going to stop him.

And he seems to be enjoying Molly Qerim, for now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:03 am 

Ran into Harry T, asked him his take on this show, his response was,

"Does the show name "Get Up" refer to what they want the audience, or the Ratings to do these days?"

heeeyyyyy......he didn't date soccer players, they couldn't use their hands,
and preferred to date volleyball players, because every couple minutes during
sex she'd yell, Rotate!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

I've liked what I've heard of that show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol: So does that mean you’ll be even less knowledgeable about sports ? Great job ESPN , a show you’ve literally put tens of millions of dollars into and is already a ratings trainwreck has a host who said live on the air she won’t watch your most popular sport on the eve of the season starting . :lol: :lol:

Michell Beadle was indignant about Urban Meyer on Get Up this morning. In the segment above she first excoriated the media for the inability to outright say that Urban Meyer lied about not knowing that Zach Smith was accused of beating Courtney Smith, and said that this is part of the pattern that has led her to stop watching football:

“There’s a reason why this will be the second season I don’t watch NFL and I don’t spend my Saturdays watching college football either. I believe that the sport of football has set itself up to be in a position where it shows itself in the bigger picture to not really care about women — they don’t really care about people of color, but we won’t get into that for NFL either — but as a woman I feel like a person who has been marginalized.”

“And every single one of these stories that comes out, every single time, pushes me further and further away. I realize they don’t care, but for me it’s opened up my weekends. I appreciate you for giving that to me. I don’t care anymore. I’ve lost the ability to be surprised. You got three games. You could’ve been fired. They could’ve gotten away with not having to pay you a single dime. You survived it, and not only did you survive it, but you didn’t have the grace enough to at least look over the statement you were handed seven seconds before and pretend that you meant a single word in it. The entire thing is a disgrace. I’m just numb to it. I’m just ready for NBA to kick off, quite frankly. That’s what I’m here for.”

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
This is a tough one for Julie and her ilk.

Probably even tougher for Bernstein when he reads that Greenberg is making $6.5m per year.

That number is staggering in it's stupidity.

Yeah her agent must be a genius . If I’m Rose I’m pissed off . At least I’ve heard of him.

He's made 102 million before the show in hoops alone..he don't give a fuck.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Idk how this Michelle Beadle thing is going to work when football is king at ESPN. She's not wrong tho with her assessment of the OSU situation.

Thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
ESPN loves the NBA too and she said she's just holding out hope for NBA season. Yeah, nothing like NBA season.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:49 pm 

As long as they can talk about Lebron everything will be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:53 pm 

You are paid millions to talk sports and now you dont watch the most popular sport in the US. L.o.l. women.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:57 pm 

Quote:
I believe that the sport of football has set itself up to be in a position where it shows itself in the bigger picture to not really care about women

This is my favorite part of the quote. i read it earlier on Yahoo! news. this is news to her??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I like her, I'd take her over Rose or Greenburg..and I like Rose. She's more informed on NFL than 80% of you Dbagz.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Now being reported that Beadle is leaving the show to do an NBA show.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/michell ... -hour.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
reents wrote:
Now being reported that Beadle is leaving the show to do an NBA show.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/michell ... -hour.html

That's one way to keep the NFL honchos off their back

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:51 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
ESPN loves the NBA too and she said she's just holding out hope for NBA season. Yeah, nothing like NBA season.

Agreed.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:16 pm 

Behold as Tom Ley tries explain why it's Actually Good that Michelle Beadle won't watch the sport she gets paid to cover but inadvertently explains why she's completely fungible:

Quote:
Such as it is, this is a pretty silly controversy. In large part because those doing the handwringing seem to be operating under the assumption that sports pundits and hosts have ever needed to pay extremely close attention to the sports they yap about in order to be good at their jobs. Does anyone think every Around The Horn panelist watched every single sporting event they discuss on the show, or that various sports radio donkeys were really up until 1:30 a.m. watching the NBA game they are braying about at 5:30 a.m.? Hell, walk into any press box and you’re likely to find a bunch of reporters fucking around on their computers instead of watching the game right in front of them.

Beadle’s job is to host what is basically the sports equivalent of The View, and that does not require her to be able to explain the intricacies of a zone blocking scheme or break down a jet sweep. She’s there to guide discussions about narratives and broad storylines, which she can do just fine without watching football.

Well, apparently so can anyone else!

But as someone who listened to the Score as they were virtually held at gunpoint to talk about championship Blackhawks teams, I think it would have been novel to have NFL coverage from someone who not only doesn't know or care about the league but actively hates it. See how you guys like it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Beadle cut from Get Up. Moved to new NBA postgame show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:10 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:

She was already doing NBA pre and post.

She has been fired from Get Up. That is the story.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:28 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

She was already doing NBA pre and post.

She has been fired from Get Up. That is the story.

Only they don’t have the balls to call it that .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:48 pm 

I guess that they can't resurrect Sports Nation. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:00 pm 

The real story of Get Up is that ESPN consistently overinvests in Mike Greenberg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
The real story of Get Up is that ESPN consistently overinvests in Mike Greenberg.

I agree. He's a relatively polished and professional on-air personality but he has zero personality or charisma. The success of Mike and Mike was based on the nerd/jock thing but neither Greenberg nor Golic have the skill or personality to carry a show on their own. They played well enough off each other for their show until they apparently got sick of each other.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
I guess that they can't resurrect Sports Nation. Oh well.

earlier i mentioned that sports nation was really the best thing at espn. but i've tried watching it a few times the past few months and i'm like "these are the hosts? i thought for sure these are like fill ins" its no longer full of cheers or jeers, or any fun stuff. its not funny at all.

:?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Remove Greeny and Jalen, put in Katie Nolan and Jen Lada. Ratings.