It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
I keep visiting DeadSpin, and that site is terrible. There is nothing interesting or fun on there anymore. It just seems like a shit lib paradise.

Got back into the office. Discovered it was blocked now. It's for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
I keep visiting DeadSpin, and that site is terrible. There is nothing interesting or fun on there anymore. It just seems like a shit lib paradise.

For sure. Just awful opinions on that site.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:40 am 

denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

For sure. Just awful opinions on that site.

As I'd said before...when I saw Fels was brought in when it relaunched, I knew there was no way in hell that I was going to give that garbage site a shot. Fels is a fucking twat. Then you have July. Now they hire Sheryl Ring?

As Wayne says:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I doubt Deadspin as a site survives past Q1 2021

They will pull the plug on this money loser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Most shitlibs don’t even like deadspin, they’re just not very good writers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: Omg . In case there was any doubt how far they’ve fallen

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:26 pm 

The titles of her previews are terrible.....

Amazing that a go-to site could fall this far. What I wouldn’t do for one of those ESPN horndoggery articles right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:28 pm 

I mean with analysis like this ....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:35 pm 

Cancel Gunther. I mean this cuck actually read the article.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:25 am 

Something to chew on here:

Purchase price of G/O media sites from Univision: $20.6 million

Dave Portnoy net worth: over $200 million since Penn broke $50 a share

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
denisdman wrote:

his twitter avatar is pretty sweet though

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:56 am 

denisdman wrote:

Nah...he deserves a medal...took one for the team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:50 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
https://deadspin.com/did-matt-patricia-light-up-matthew-stafford-from-a-lau-1845787478

this blog about a potential matt patricia burner account reminds me of content that used to have me visiting their site multiple times a day

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:25 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
"BarfStool"?

Young Sam is regressing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
GoldenJet wrote:
"BarfStool"?

Young Sam is regressing.

I'm not a big fan of Barstool. I've never listened to any of their podcasts. But I know enough about Portnoy that I believe this: If there were a device that a person could be hooked up to in order to determine the quality of that person, his morality, his "goodness", the positivity/negativity he brings to the planet, and we hooked Portnoy and Fels to that device, Fels would be the one found seriously wanting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:16 pm 

With the Dicaro Tweet saga of yesterday I thought I would check out the deadspin twitter page.

I could not believe how irrelevant they have become. Just go to it. Each article has 5 likes, 2 comments, 4 retweets.

Never seen a media company dive they this one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:21 am 

cookie23 wrote:
With the Dicaro Tweet saga of yesterday I thought I would check out the deadspin twitter page.

I could not believe how irrelevant they have become. Just go to it. Each article has 5 likes, 2 comments, 4 retweets.

Never seen a media company dive they this one.

All of those followers are inactive accounts or bots. Every real person unfollowed them long ago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Harry's also decided it wasn't going to sponsor a few conservative shows all the sudden.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Ah, I see the Michael Tracey wheel landed on "good point" this time.

Related, Freddie deBoer is back at it, and touched on a similar issue. The whole thing is worth reading but he really brought it home:

https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/it ... splacement

Quote:
Substack might fold tomorrow, but someone would else sell independent media; there’s a market. Substack might kick me and the rest of the unclean off of their platforms tomorrow, but other critics of social justice politics would pop up here; there’s a market. Establishment media’s takeover by this strange brand of academic identity politics might grow even more powerful, if that’s even possible, but dissenters will find a place to sell alternative opinion; there’s a market. What there might not be much of a market for anymore is, well, you - college educated, urban, upwardly striving if not economically improving, woke, ironic, and selling that wokeness and that irony as your only product. Because you flooded the market. Everyone in your entire industry is selling the exact same thing, tired sarcastic jokes and bleating righteousness about injustices they don’t suffer under themselves, and it’s not good in basic economic terms if you’re selling the same thing as everyone else. You add that on to structural problems within your business model and your utter subservience to a Silicon Valley that increasingly hates you, well…. I get why you’re mad. And I get that you don’t like me. But I’m not what you’re mad about. Not really.

In the span of a decade or so, essentially all professional media not explicitly branded as conservative has been taken over by a school of politics that emerged from humanities departments at elite universities and began colonizing the college educated through social media. Those politics are obscure, they are confusing, they are socially and culturally extreme, they are expressed in a bizarre vocabulary, they are deeply alienating to many, and they are very unpopular by any definition. The vast majority of the country is not woke, including the vast majority of women and people of color. How could it possibly be healthy for the entire media industry to be captured by any single niche political movement, let alone one that nobody likes? Why does no one in media seem willing to have an honest, uncomfortable conversation about the near-total takeover of their industry by a fringe ideology?

And the bizarre assumption of almost everyone in media seems to have been that they could adopt this brand of extreme niche politics, in mass, as an industry, and treat those politics as a crusade that trumps every other journalistic value, with no professional or economic consequences. They seem to have thought that Americans were just going to swallow it; they seem to have thought they could paint most of the country as vicious bigots and that their audiences would just come along for the ride. They haven’t. In fact Republicans are making great hay of the collapse of the media into pure unapologetic advocacy journalism. Some people are turning to alternative media to find options that are neither reactionary ideologues or self-righteous woke yelling. Can you blame them? Substack didn’t create this dynamic, and neither did I. The exact same media people who are so angry about Substack did, when they abandoned any pretense to serving the entire country and decided that their only job was to advance a political cause that most ordinary people, of any gender or race, find alienating and wrong. So maybe try and look at where your problems actually come from. They’re not going away.

Now steel yourselves, media people, take a shot of something strong, look yourself in the eye in the mirror, summon you most honest self, and tell me: am I wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:46 pm 

Damn that’s some well written shit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:02 pm 

You're all going to groan at this again, but that's why Barstool has succeeded. As the rest of sports media is trying to become woke for social credit, Barstool rolls on being as irreverent and funny as ever. There's a huge market for what they offer, especially among the 18-40 male demographic that they so thoroughly own in their space. That's why they just had their most profitable year despite last year being a bloodbath for the rest of the digital media world. Dave Portnoy knows what the people want out of their entertainment media and he delivers it. Just look at what 670 has become. They can't even have fun segments like "Tournament of Bad" anymore because you might offend some whiny little b&tch.

Barstool laid off 0 employees last year (they actually hired more staff) while ESPN, Entercom, GMG, BuzzFeed, etc. have gone through multiple rounds of layoffs during the same period. It seems that someone figured out the market and what it wants.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:33 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
You're all going to groan at this again, but that's why Barstool has succeeded. As the rest of sports media is trying to become woke for social credit, Barstool rolls on being as irreverent and funny as ever. There's a huge market for what they offer, especially among the 18-40 male demographic that they so thoroughly own in their space. That's why they just had their most profitable year despite last year being a bloodbath for the rest of the digital media world. Dave Portnoy knows what the people want out of their entertainment media and he delivers it. Just look at what 670 has become. They can't even have fun segments like "Tournament of Bad" anymore because you might offend some whiny little b&tch.

Barstool laid off 0 employees last year (they actually hired more staff) while ESPN, Entercom, GMG, BuzzFeed, etc. have gone through multiple rounds of layoffs during the same period. It seems that someone figured out the market and what it wants.

No, you're absolutely right. Average people don't want to read Deadspin and feel bad about themselves and everyone else. At least Barstool people seem to be having, in spite of everything around us, fun. It's an attractive product in that respect.

denisdman wrote:
Damn that’s some well written shit.

You may be interested in his book that came out this summer, The Cult of Smart, which is about some of the failures of American education, chief among them the unwillingness to confront the uncomfortable truth that some kids just aren't good at school and never will be.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:34 pm 

I enjoy some of their material. I just give Ogie shit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:36 pm 

Shoot, you replied just as I was editing a response to you back in. But yeah, like I said, the book makes an interesting case -- what if some kids just don't have the genes to be good students? Then what?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:55 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Shoot, you replied just as I was editing a response to you back in. But yeah, like I said, the book makes an interesting case -- what if some kids just don't have the genes to be good students? Then what?

The world needs ditch diggers too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:45 pm 

I am not sure Mr. Phillips realizes most of the unvaccinated do not look like Cole Beasley in the NFL.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:50 am 

Here is the head of Deadspin:

Openly rooting for white people to die.

Clearly wanting at least 75 million people to be removed from society.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:45 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

I am not sure Mr. Phillips realizes most of the unvaccinated do not look like Cole Beasley in the NFL.

If you call him out on it, he'll just block you. Another thin skinned, pathetic turd.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:49 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Here is the head of Deadspin:

Openly rooting for white people to die.

Clearly wanting at least 75 million people to be removed from society.

Did he mention the black Americans that are refusing it as well ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next