It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Whittey's contract not renewed.

He first got on my radar when he blasted Kobe for being selfish after his final career game where he scored 60 points. :lol:

At that point he got in my good graces.

After that, couldnt quite gauge him. What I do know is that anytime I tuned in to his show just to see what was goin' on, it just didnt really grab me. Maybe because he talked too slow. But according to this article, I think he is ok in my book.

https://sports.yahoo.com/controversial- ... 45734.html

Jason Whitlock is done at Fox Sports.

The network announced the news Monday afternoon.

“Friday was Jason Whitlock’s last day with Fox Sports,” a network statement provided to the New York Post’s Andrew Marchand reads. “We thank Jason for all of his hard work and dedication to the network, and we wish him the best in his future endeavors.”

The statement confirmed an earlier report from Outkick the Coverage, which reported that Whitlock was out after he didn’t appear on the air Monday.

Contract talks reportedly broke down
The Post reports that the two sides couldn’t reach an agreement on a new deal after Whitlock’s contract expired. Whitlock’s show “Speak for Yourself” will continue without him as the network seeks a replacement, according to the report. Former NFL player and ESPN host Marcellus Wiley co-hosted the show alongside Whitlock.

What’s next for Whitlock, 53, is unclear. The Post reports that he may look to start his own media business.

Whitlock’s time at Fox, ESPN
Whitlock joined FS1 in 2016 to co-host “Speak for Yourself” alongside fellow former ESPN personality Colin Cowherd before Cowherd left the show. Whitlock made the move from his second stint at ESPN that ended with a failure to launch “The Undefeated,” a website focused on the intersection of sports and race.

The Undefeated eventually launched without Whitlock after several years of delays after he was tabbed as the site’s founding editor.

In addition to his multiple stints at ESPN and Fox Sports, Whitlock made his name as reporter and columnist for the Kansas City Star from 1994-2010.

Whitlock became known in recent years for his appearances on Fox News that included appearances with Tucker Carlson and criticizing ESPN for being too political.

He recently drew criticism for equating LeBron James’ commentary on the Ahmaud Arbery shooting as “Twitter trolling” in an effort appear more outspoken than Michael Jordan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:18 pm 

I never cared for him, but I'm not going to grave dance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Regular Reader wrote:

I look forward to Parkins commenting on him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:08 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Probably ends up with a podcast on the Ringer. He has made a lot of money in his career.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
replaced by former bear LB Sam Acho - nice hire!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Whitlock to Outkick the Coverage . Uncle Tom accusations to follow .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Marie's
https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/statu ... 09152?s=19

Great column.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Legacy media dinosaurs complaining they no longer have monopoly on messaging due to social media platforms making raw ramen noodle eaters equal to CNN anchors:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
joined up with clay travis at outkick. which seems appropriate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Hussra wrote:
Legacy media dinosaurs complaining they no longer have monopoly on messaging due to social media platforms making raw ramen noodle eaters equal to CNN anchors:

This clown eating ramen has more credibility than Don Lemon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Probably ends up with a podcast on the Ringer. He has made a lot of money in his career.

No blacks allowed at The Ringer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I'm glad I was recording when that idiot called in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevUeC9J0P4&t

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:03 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
I'm glad I was recording when that idiot called in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevUeC9J0P4&t

A Jeff George mention up quickly followed by a ridiculous reliance on the opinion of Trent Dilfer. :lol:

And it's early yet, but the show is much better without that load imo .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:16 am 

hnd wrote:
joined up with clay travis at outkick. which seems appropriate

wait, wtf is outkick the coverage?

where do u guys keep track of all this shit?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
its this product that i know is new to some....twitter. you need the internet for it though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:05 am 

twitter's where you can learn about someone named "Jenna Marbles" and at the same time find out she pulls down a million a year posting goofy videos to youtube and that she's been canceled for blackfacing and making asian jokes. Glancing at the screenshots of her goodbye video littering twitter maybe she's aging out of the demographic. Even JenniCam eventually turned off her feed and moved on

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
whistler wrote:

where do u guys keep track of all this shit?

I use a Rolodex.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:18 am 

whistler wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:14 pm 

This is great. I love how he's not afraid to slam legends. And he's right.

Lee-bro is always out there front and center everytime something happens, throwing out his accusations. What he did to trash Drew Brees, a respected leader in the locker room for YEARS, will always be one of his most disgusting moves.

I used to love Lebron James. Literally watched every game I could, including playoffs. Rooted for him. But now, fuck him. Lesson to be learned. Many of ur fans are white and you turn them off with your political bullshit. Shut the fuck up and dribble.

Sports columnist Jason Whitlock accused LeBron James of bigotry after the basketball star expressed outrage over the shooting of Jacob Blake in Wisconsin.

“I know people get tired of hearing me say it, but we are scared as black people in America,” James said after Monday night's game against the Portland Trail Blazers. “Black men, black women, black kids, we are terrified.”

Whitlock rebutted James's remarks in an article titled "Whitlock: Lebron James Is A Bigot."

"I’m black. I’m not scared. I’m not terrified. Neither is LeBron James. He’s lying," Whitlock wrote Tuesday on his website Outkick. "He and the political activists controlling him want black people to immerse themselves in fear. Fear is a tool used to control people. If you comply with police instructions, there is virtually no chance of an American citizen being harmed by police."

Blake, a black man, was shot multiple times after he reached into his SUV during his arrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, over the weekend. Blake is currently in stable condition in a hospital's critical care unit and is reportedly paralyzed from the waist down.

The incident has sparked widespread protests in the city, some of which have deteriorated into arson, looting, and other rioting.

Black Lives Matter activists and supporters of racial justice argue in Blake's case that officers used unnecessary force as they attempted to restrain him.

“If you’re sitting here and telling me that there was no way to [subdue] that gentleman or detain him or just before the firing of guns, then you’re sitting here lying to not only me, but you’re lying to every African American, every black person in the community,” James said.

Whitlock, a frequent critic of the Black Lives Matter movement and athletes who support it, pointed to a "second video and reports that police initially tried using a Taser on Blake."

"LeBron James has more than 40 million followers on Twitter. Doesn’t he have a moral responsibility to be informed and measured before commenting on a controversy that could inspire civil unrest? What’s the harm in waiting 48 hours, 72 hours or a week?" Whitlock said. "LeBron James foolishly thinks he’s overseeing the police. He’s overseeing the black KKK. He’s promoting racism. He’s demonizing a group of white people based on the behavior of a few."

Whitlock went on to accuse James of racism.

"As a black man that sort of racist tactic should be terrifying. That racist tactic was used to deny us freedom in this country. No one who professes to care about the welfare of black people would adopt the tactics of white bigots," he said. "Bigots, regardless of color, have a common trait. Ignorance. Ignorance fuels their ego. Information is their enemy. They avoid it at all costs. Negative anecdotes frame their worldview."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
whistler wrote:
This is great. I love how he's not afraid to slam legends. And he's right.

Lee-bro is always out there front and center everytime something happens, throwing out his accusations. What he did to trash Drew Brees, a respected leader in the locker room for YEARS, will always be one of his most disgusting moves.

I used to love Lebron James. Literally watched every game I could, including playoffs. Rooted for him. But now, fuck him. Lesson to be learned. Many of ur fans are white and you turn them off with your political bullshit. Shut the fuck up and dribble.

Sports columnist Jason Whitlock accused LeBron James of bigotry after the basketball star expressed outrage over the shooting of Jacob Blake in Wisconsin.

“I know people get tired of hearing me say it, but we are scared as black people in America,” James said after Monday night's game against the Portland Trail Blazers. “Black men, black women, black kids, we are terrified.”

Whitlock rebutted James's remarks in an article titled "Whitlock: Lebron James Is A Bigot."

"I’m black. I’m not scared. I’m not terrified. Neither is LeBron James. He’s lying," Whitlock wrote Tuesday on his website Outkick. "He and the political activists controlling him want black people to immerse themselves in fear. Fear is a tool used to control people. If you comply with police instructions, there is virtually no chance of an American citizen being harmed by police."

Blake, a black man, was shot multiple times after he reached into his SUV during his arrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, over the weekend. Blake is currently in stable condition in a hospital's critical care unit and is reportedly paralyzed from the waist down.

The incident has sparked widespread protests in the city, some of which have deteriorated into arson, looting, and other rioting.

Black Lives Matter activists and supporters of racial justice argue in Blake's case that officers used unnecessary force as they attempted to restrain him.

“If you’re sitting here and telling me that there was no way to [subdue] that gentleman or detain him or just before the firing of guns, then you’re sitting here lying to not only me, but you’re lying to every African American, every black person in the community,” James said.

Whitlock, a frequent critic of the Black Lives Matter movement and athletes who support it, pointed to a "second video and reports that police initially tried using a Taser on Blake."

"LeBron James has more than 40 million followers on Twitter. Doesn’t he have a moral responsibility to be informed and measured before commenting on a controversy that could inspire civil unrest? What’s the harm in waiting 48 hours, 72 hours or a week?" Whitlock said. "LeBron James foolishly thinks he’s overseeing the police. He’s overseeing the black KKK. He’s promoting racism. He’s demonizing a group of white people based on the behavior of a few."

Whitlock went on to accuse James of racism.

"As a black man that sort of racist tactic should be terrifying. That racist tactic was used to deny us freedom in this country. No one who professes to care about the welfare of black people would adopt the tactics of white bigots," he said. "Bigots, regardless of color, have a common trait. Ignorance. Ignorance fuels their ego. Information is their enemy. They avoid it at all costs. Negative anecdotes frame their worldview."

Whitlock is a MAN. A MAN who tells the truth to power. He probably lot his job because his "Bosses" were afraid of Lebron and his fellow racists. Just like Jesse and Sharpton used to blackmail companies with their threats of violence and boycotts, Lebron is of similar ilk only sneakier.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
tonight on fox news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNfNuEfaE38

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Whitlock sucks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:00 pm