It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Disconnect
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:33 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Vince was probably ahead of his time.

6'2" / 220 with some elusiveness and a big arm. He'd probably get $50 million coming out of college today out of USC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA4bzCITebA

https://youtu.be/GPDHx0jYYh0

They should just bring Vince back twice a year to play Green Bay.

I'll bet he's still got it. He can't be more than 65.

Only has 15 years left or so to run for President.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
We forget that Vince was out of football and joined the Raiders as part of the 1987 strike replacement. Then he stuck around forever because Al Davis loved having a backup QB who could heave it down the field in a Hail Mary situation.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:59 am 

Antarctica wrote:
I know this has been escalating for years now. I also know the board has clearly noticed and its been discussed before by MANY.

But these last few days the disconnect between sports media specifically and the fans has really expanded. Aside from a very select few culture warriors like Clay Travis the universal media sentiment is that its Actually Good when sports are cancelled. Whether it be for corona or due to the rioting. Those who dont agree are silent, certainly held hostage by the imminent threat of career cancellation.

What's astounding is that the opinion among fan is AT BEST split 50/50. I suspect its actually pretty solidly in the -anti to cancelling sports but for the sake of argument I'll call it 50/50.

This just doesn't seem sustainable. How can very nearly the entire media remain united in a stance that is counter to what at least have of sports fans feel? At what point does the levee break here?

Blame it on Bill James and fantasy sports and the attitude that you don't need to watch a game to enjoy the sport.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:45 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
We forget that Vince was out of football and joined the Raiders as part of the 1987 strike replacement. Then he stuck around forever because Al Davis loved having a backup QB who could heave it down the field in a Hail Mary situation.

I think he made some good coin in the USFL while it lasted.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
I know this has been escalating for years now. I also know the board has clearly noticed and its been discussed before by MANY.

But these last few days the disconnect between sports media specifically and the fans has really expanded. Aside from a very select few culture warriors like Clay Travis the universal media sentiment is that its Actually Good when sports are cancelled. Whether it be for corona or due to the rioting. Those who dont agree are silent, certainly held hostage by the imminent threat of career cancellation.

What's astounding is that the opinion among fan is AT BEST split 50/50. I suspect its actually pretty solidly in the -anti to cancelling sports but for the sake of argument I'll call it 50/50.

This just doesn't seem sustainable. How can very nearly the entire media remain united in a stance that is counter to what at least have of sports fans feel? At what point does the levee break here?

Blame it on Bill James and fantasy sports and the attitude that you don't need to watch a game to enjoy the sport.

Are you serious ? I am thoroughly enjoying Anthony Rizzo's .216 batting average but man that OPS of .357 is what really glues viewers to the screen !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Are you serious ? I am thoroughly enjoying Anthony Rizzo's .216 batting average but man that OPS of .357 is what really glues viewers to the screen !!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
FavreFan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

As a guy who only watches the Cubs when they play the Sox, I must say that I think Rizzo seems like a sissy boy. What is up with that hairdo anyway? Looks like a character in Welcome Back, Kotter. Watching him whine about calls by the plate umpire was interesting I guess.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
it's dumb.

The whole point of sports is to get away from it all.

It's soothing to watch baseball tonight instead of a bunch of coverage on the bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:56 pm 

I am now connected to the disconnect

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Poor Brian Urlacher.

He is independent, not a part of any media, so he can say what he wants, but yet all the media types have to go out and reel him in and bash him, just to say the Bears dont stand with him and all that bullshit.

It's sad.

U had Greenberg yesterday falling in line. No independent opinions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
The only person in sports media I have not heard fawn all over the NBA players and players in other leagues as has been John Kincade. His show is on Sunday mornings on WSCR (CBS Sports Ra-di-o), although one hour of it is interrupted for "Score Values."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Tad Queasy wrote:
The only person in sports media I have not heard fawn all over the NBA players and players in other leagues as has been John Kincade. His show is on Sunday mornings on WSCR (CBS Sports Ra-di-o), although one hour of it is interrupted for "Score Values."

I think Kincade is the co-host of Shaq's podcast as well. Atlanta guy.