It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS1 new schedule
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Parkins spiritual mentor Nick Wright getting shifted to 2pm-3:30pm isn't a good sign. Have to change the name of the show, it can't be 'First Things First' in mid-days, can it?

New FS1 Lineup
7:00am-9:30am ET: The Carton Show
9:30am-12:00pm ET: Skip & Shannon: Undisputed
12:00pm-3:00pm ET: The Herd With Colin Cowherd
3:00pm-4:30pm ET: First Things First
4:30pm-6:00pm ET: Speak
6:00pm-7:00pm ET: NASCAR Race Hub

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/here-s ... gbt1mqjxcq

Post subject: Re: FS1 new schedule
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:31 pm 

Frankly between half of Undisputed, a third of the former First Things First and ogling Joy Taylor it was a pretty repetitive and often lazy seeming lineup.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i'll watch the herd if its on. its a nostalgia thing mostly.

in 03-05 I hated my job so much. my only escape was listening to ESPN radio where the herd took up 4 hours of the day.

all those other shows i can't imagine watching day in and day out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
When I was in the car a lot, Prior to having Sirius XM, I used to listen to 105.5 The Ticket. I'd catch Dan Patrick and then The Herd. Colin is a bit much at times, but a better listen than say the First Things First crew which is just 'hot takes'. Skip and Shannon have too much Laker talk for me. The end of baseball season and football is starting, yet they're talking Lakers? So, not much on FS1 for me. I'll catch the Rich Eisen show in the car sometimes and prefer that to Colin.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:46 pm 

Augie wrote:
When I was in the car a lot, Prior to having Sirius XM, I used to listen to 105.5 The Ticket. I'd catch Dan Patrick and then The Herd. Colin is a bit much at times, but a better listen than say the First Things First crew which is just 'hot takes'. Skip and Shannon have too much Laker talk for me. The end of baseball season and football is starting, yet they're talking Lakers? So, not much on FS1 for me. I'll catch the Rich Eisen show in the car sometimes and prefer that to Colin.

i'm in the QCA so we had espn radio and 670 was just not strong enough at the time to get here consistently, especially to the radio in my office. So yeah it was DP, the Herd, with mike and mike in the mornings. and then there was the guy who did the updates every half hour or so.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:39 am 

How can anyone stomach Craig Carton, whoever he is? There have to be mass firings on that channel. And Skip Bayless has to have his hours cut, his two notes are beyond stale.

And don't let me start on both Acho brothers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
hnd wrote:
Augie wrote:

i'm in the QCA so we had espn radio and 670 was just not strong enough at the time to get here consistently, especially to the radio in my office. So yeah it was DP, the Herd, with mike and mike in the mornings. and then there was the guy who did the updates every half hour or so.

670 was/is better than 1000 by a fair ark but couldn't get the score at all previous to the changeover. Being 30 miles further east has an impact of course. Nothing was like being in Bozeman. I can't remember the exact sequence on 1450 but it involved Dr. Laura, Rush Limbaugh and the Papa Joe show on one on one sports. Perhaps that was a better time when the Moose and Peak were my radio stations instead of.. Bob AM? Can't remember.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
670 was/is better than 1000 by a fair ark

To be clear...we are talking in terms of signal strength alone, yes?

In terms of quality programming....not a valid statement any longer. :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:18 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
hnd wrote:
Augie wrote:

670 was/is better than 1000 by a fair ark but couldn't get the score at all previous to the changeover. Being 30 miles further east has an impact of course. Nothing was like being in Bozeman. I can't remember the exact sequence on 1450 but it involved Dr. Laura, Rush Limbaugh and the Papa Joe show on one on one sports. Perhaps that was a better time when the Moose and Peak were my radio stations instead of.. Bob AM? Can't remember.

1000 has never came in here locally for me until the past few years. but its still bad. 670 depended upon the vehicle, area. My first exposure to 670 was north and bufone, then terry and bernstein and I loved it but that wasn't until I'd switched jobs and I could pick it up in my new office. they also introduced streaming from the website in 2006ish time frame.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:46 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
670 was/is better than 1000 by a fair ark

To be clear...we are talking in terms of signal strength alone, yes?

In terms of quality programming....not a valid statement any longer. :lol:

Correct. Hell, 1000 signal sucked in eastern Kane county after sundown 20 years ago. Probably still does but I'm not in the area much these days.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
670 was/is the best signal in Chicago.

All signals are somewhat directional. 1000's signal goes east and north out over the lake.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:20 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
670 and 720 are pretty close in strength, slight edge to 670. 780 was always a little weaker even before they powered down from 50k. 890 seemed worse than I remembered it the last time I heard it, which would have been whenever they had the Sox. We all know about 1000.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I used to get 1000 all the way down in Champaign. It was far from great and, if I turned on the OTA TV at the same time, it would completely destroy the signal, but it still came in good enough to listen to White Sox games.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:15 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
670 and 720 are pretty close in strength, slight edge to 670. 780 was always a little weaker even before they powered down from 50k. 890 seemed worse than I remembered it the last time I heard it, which would have been whenever they had the Sox. We all know about 1000.

I get 890 pretty good in the quad cities. my milwaukee radio in the garage is always tuned to it if it gets unplugged and restarted. I'll let it go on saturdays listening to Robert Kuhn and Ben Heizer tell people not to freak out but mention the dot come bubble and great recession every 5 minutes to peddle annuities and cash value life insurance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
If the weather is good between Chicago and Durham, I can get can get 780 in my car at like 3am Central time until I get close to railroad tracks and freeways. I can't get any of the other Chicago stations out here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:22 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
If the weather is good between Chicago and Durham, I can get can get 780 in my car at like 3am Central time until I get close to railroad tracks and freeways. I can't get any of the other Chicago stations out here.

Getting WBAP out of Dallas when the Score signed off and getting WLS when driving back through the upper Midwest as a yout were both solid finds.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Regular Reader wrote:

Getting WBAP out of Dallas when the Score signed off and getting WLS when driving back through the upper Midwest as a yout were both solid finds.

My best find was back in 1981 riding back from Ames, Iowa on a college visit to Iowa State (stupid visit but my father had never been to Iowa) and being able to pull in WBZ from Boston somewhere west of Davenport.

My first out of town station find was mind-blowing to me, I was maybe 5 or 6 and we were going through what is now known as the Jane Byrne interchange. I found a station that turned out to be from Cincinnati down around 1500 on my father's big old 1969 Delta 88's hunk of steel AM-only car radio.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:43 pm 

Once upon a time I picked up the Bears vs Saints (ditka edition) in Bozeman on 720). Nighttime the big stations were pretty good out into the Dakotas on our overnight drives but that was some weird atmospheric shit that night. It wasn’t great reception as you might imagine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:16 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Once upon a time I picked up the Bears vs Saints (ditka edition) in Bozeman on 720). Nighttime the big stations were pretty good out into the Dakotas on our overnight drives but that was some weird atmospheric shit that night. It wasn’t great reception as you might imagine.

It's funny, when I was in school in Atlanta both TBS, CNN and TNT were over the air and WGN were broadcast at many institutions. Between them and the ever present Jordan highlights, I usually didn't get homesick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

My best find was back in 1981 riding back from Ames, Iowa on a college visit to Iowa State (stupid visit but my father had never been to Iowa) and being able to pull in WBZ from Boston somewhere west of Davenport.

My first out of town station find was mind-blowing to me, I was maybe 5 or 6 and we were going through what is now known as the Jane Byrne interchange. I found a station that turned out to be from Cincinnati down around 1500 on my father's big old 1969 Delta 88's hunk of steel AM-only car radio.

WCKY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:23 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

It's funny, when I was in school in Atlanta both TBS, CNN and TNT were over the air and WGN were broadcast at many institutions. Between them and the ever present Jordan highlights, I usually didn't get homesick.

WGN was replaced by KWGN out there so I got a lot of Rockies baseball. I did not become a fan of the Rockies however.