It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:12 pm 

ok ok ok is this thing on...?

ok ok ok here is the news

Portnoy buys back his baby for a song and will never sell (if you read the deets, PENN gets half of all profit if he ever sells)

good long term play, how long will barstool last versus how long penn will exist......inquiring minds want to know

so here is what is going to happen

10 year deal PENN turns the barstool app into ESPN bet and its going to be ESPN bet, up your culo on every ESPN game, sportscenter and broadcast........

and guess who is in the wings, Pat McAfee, the internet flame and bitch war will be Paddy versus the man who brought him to the big time...versus .Dave Portnoy this is going to get ugly, and sold by both sides on a scale that Don King could never even imagine, maybe beyond the mental acuity of a Bob Arnum (saw Golden Boy and HBO what a crock of horse dung, golden boy, more like golden freak)

this is like wrestling, that is what internet sports broadcast and gambling has become, the WWF when they were on NBC after saturday night live

so here is the take, children

"Two toughest kids on the block I guess, sooner or later they're gonna fight"- Red Dawn (1984)

great movie John Milius, the f ing man

later

sabu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Board is better when sabu posts.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I love this. I had honestly been posting less about Barstool and consuming less of their content as they just weren't themselves with a corporate board watching over them and telling them to do a bunch of gambling content. Some gambling content is fine, but they were essentially told they couldn't do live shows on YouTube other than The Yak on most days as Penn wanted a bunch of gambling streams during those times without any other Barstool content competing with it.

This is golden for Dave and the original Barstool crew. They got their $640 million still and now they have their company to run it as they like. ESPN may be getting $150 million per year over 10 years with this Penn deal but it worked out for Barstool to essentially get $213 million per year over 3 years in this deal.

I'm excited for what comes next, especially with the new office launching. Portnoy is free to be himself. He was so very checked out the last few years as he had no control of his own company and was kept on a leash by Penn Corporate.

They're in a great spot, full equity in their company, no debt, and based upon Penn's financial statements, positive cashflow.

The haters are going to be driven nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:17 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I love this. I had honestly been posting less about Barstool and consuming less of their content as they just weren't themselves with a corporate board watching over them and telling them to do a bunch of gambling content. Some gambling content is fine, but they were essentially told they couldn't do live shows on YouTube other than The Yak on most days as Penn wanted a bunch of gambling streams during those times without any other Barstool content competing with it.

This is golden for Dave and the original Barstool crew. They got their $640 million still and now they have their company to run it as they like. ESPN may be getting $150 million per year over 10 years with this Penn deal but it worked out for Barstool to essentially get $213 million per year over 3 years in this deal.

I'm excited for what comes next, especially with the new office launching. Portnoy is free to be himself. He was so very checked out the last few years as he had no control of his own company and was kept on a leash by Penn Corporate.

They're in a great spot, full equity in their company, no debt, and based upon Penn's financial statements, positive cashflow.

You are 100% correct.

Various state governments were fucking with Penn licenses, some deep state bullshit. So I don't really blame Penn from moving on to the dull and politically correct ESPN.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:02 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

why you should love this is Barstool being a private company will prevent you from losing your hard earned dollars by investing in Barstool or its parent company.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
badrogue17 wrote:
Board is better when sabu posts.

Thank you. I've been busy, but have been managing to post a little more as of late.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:16 am 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

why you should love this is Barstool being a private company will prevent you from losing your hard earned dollars by investing in Barstool or its parent company.

I sold it at $70 (bought at $30)

Only individual stocks I hold right now are defense contractors. Everything else (the bulk of my portfolio) is in a healthy mix of mutual funds, ETFs, and a few REITs

I bought all of those defense stocks back in early Q4 2021 when the build-up began. Funniest shit back then was LTG going off like a moron telling me that Russia would not invade Ukraine despite all evidence to the contrary.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
bought penn at 14 sold at 60 as it was dropping october 2020. never rebought.