It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Fans, if you pick up the June issue of Maxim along with the all new "Hot 100" issue wrapped inside, they have a list of the "Worst Broadcasters in Sports". While I'll keep you in suspense as far as who made it, I have two names that I can't stand. Chip Caray is nails on a chalkboard and TBS made a big mistake naming him its #1 play-by-play voice on its new "Sunday Game of the Week" & MLB Playoff Coverage. Chip sounded fake and was awful with the Cubs & put his own father Skip to sleep when TBS had an occasional Braves' game on its air! Another guy who I can't stand, Bryant Gumbel, has left the NFL Network's live Thursday & Saturday night live games. I can't think of one sports talk radio host, media critic or fan who liked Bryant's constant misdiagnosis of plays, spotting balls incorrectly and butchering player names during NFLN's broadcasts. Bryant seemed out of place as a PBP voice, and while his other show "HBO's Real Sports" is real good every month, whoever replaces him on NFLN will be an upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Joe Morgan didn't make it? Now if there is a group that deserves to have him as the only second baseman on it, it would be this list.

I bet Kornheiser did. I like TK when he was on the radio and when he does PTI, but the MNF booth isn't where he can do his thing. They should just do the 2 man booth and drop him, since there isn't a day on PTI when he doesn't beg someone else to take his spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:16 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Joe Morgan didn't make it?

Morgan did indeed make it. Rest easy.

While I have a hard time arguing with any of the picks, I also have a hard time taking anything from Maxim seriously...maybe I'm just getting old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
ESPN's Joe Morgan made Maxim's "Worst Broadcasters in Sports" list, and I can't stand him either! I didn't want to spoil the suspense when I originally mentioned this survey the other night. I also know that Walt Frazier, the longtime TV analyst on MSG Network's New York Knicks' broadcasts, plus ESPN's blabbering NBA analyst & Western Conference apologist Bill Walton, also made this list. In case you really care, MSG is DIRECTV 621, and you'd have to pay extra to get one of three New York regional sports networks offered in the "Sports Pack". As for the complete list, it's in the June Maxim with Shannon Elizabeth on the cover and it also features the "Hot 100" in entertainment for 2008 issue. Both are on newsstands right now.