It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michael Strahan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Although FOX Sports now has its undivided attention on Major League Baseball every Saturday afternoon, it won't be much longer before FOX shifts its attention back to the NFL. Less than 6 months after he & his New York Giants shocked the football world with their upset win in Super Bowl XLII over the heavily favored New England Patriots, Michael Strahan will trade in his #92 blue & white jersey for a suit, shirt & tie in the FOX Television Center this fall. FOX Sports has hired Strahan to join an already popular pregame show this football season. He'll be part of the "FOX NFL Sunday" studio team in Los Angeles that features host Curt Menefee, plus analysts Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long & Jimmy Johnson, along with insider Jay Glazer, funnyman Frank Caliendo & weather girl Jillian Barberie-Reynolds, starting September 7th. I don't know what will be larger, fans. The set FOX will use for its pregame show or the various opinions Strahan will try to get in edgewise with Menefee, Bradshaw, Long & Johnson before kickoff...I know Strahan has thoughts, but I'm not so sure it's going to work with all those egos in that L.A. studio...

Post subject: Re: Michael Strahan
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:51 pm 

i dontk know if its gonna work with that many people on set regardless of their egos. their egos add to the problem but when you have 4 guys struggling to get words in last year and you add a 5th along with your weekly caliendo skit and everyones hero and dinner buddy jay glazer, its gonna be very hadt to give an opinion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:34 pm 

Even though Strahan isn't afraid to speak his mind, I'm skeptical he can get a word in edgewise with all those egos on the Hollywood set of "FOX NFL Sunday". It'll be interesting to see how Strahan can fit in on an already packed hourlong pregame show. Last season, without #92 in Giant blue occasionally contributing a piece on the show, you had remotes from the FOX Sports' NFL game sites, 2 Jay Glazer scoops, Frank Caliendo and one of his many characters giving out picks, plus Jimmy Johnson & Barry Switzer presenting "Grumpy Old Coaches", along with Jillian Barberie-Reynolds and her revealing outfits giving the gameday weather. I predict that Strahan's in studio experiment won't last long, and I predict Ed Goren & company will re-assign Michael to work as a game analyst before Halloween.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:13 pm 

The huge gap in the front of his teeth distracts me from anything he says.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:44 pm 

I heard him speak at the NYU graduation and given his career I think a few guys ought to talk less and let him speak more. He may not be as network polished as some but I'd like to hear from a guy who could dominate from a critical line position. I know he'll be far more credible than a Tiki Barber, or any other running back or skill position player that had to beat him. That SB ring means a lot of things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:30 pm 

I'll be interested to see if he can a word in edgewise with the "FOX NFL Sunday" guys. The first promo of Strahan on the pregame aired before FOX Sports' coverage of the Yankees/Red Sox game...As for Tiki Barber, I couldn't believe my ears when he said something about his dream job "working with Matt Lauer" on NBC News' morning franchise "Today" when he retired from the Giants the year before they shocked the football world in winning the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Tiki has been pretty smooth on MSNBC's Morning Joe. Too intelligent for a jock.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:13 pm 

Tiki is no stranger to morning TV. Before he got the job as a correspondent and occasional co-host on NBC's "Today Show", he occasionally sat in on FOX News Channel's "FOX & Friends" during the offseason with the New York Giants. I'm not sure what he's doing on MSNBC's "Morning Joe", but I know that politics are the name of the game on their morning gabfest.