It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dick Stockton
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Is it just me, fans, or is Dick Stockton the "New Curse of Chicago Sports"? It seems as if every time FOX Sports assigns Dick to call a Bears' game with Brian Baldinger or if the network assigns him to call a Cubs or White Sox game with ex-Cub Eric Karros and/or Mark Grace, they lose and lose real bad! If that's not bad enough, TBS Sports assigned Dick to call the Cubs' three & out National League Divisional Series flop to the Arizona Diamondbacks last October. Not that it matters, but if Turner assigns Stockton to call either team in MLB's second season, the jinx will continue! Forget the curse of the Billy Goat! When Stockton calls one of our teams, a loss follows!

Post subject: Re: Dick Stockton
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:33 pm 

Not to mention, he was absolutely awful yesterday. And Eric Karros wasn't awful, but was completely uninteresting. Please tell me Fox has someone else to use for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
trickybeck wrote:
Not to mention, he was absolutely awful yesterday. And Eric Karros wasn't awful, but was completely uninteresting. Please tell me Fox has someone else to use for the playoffs.

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. Luckily many of the early round games will be on other networks, too, so maybe Ol'Stocky can start his vacation from baseball a little early.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Colonel Angus wrote:
trickybeck wrote:
Please tell me Fox has someone else to use for the playoffs.

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.

I think he wanted someone "better"...

Ok...I like Joe and Tim...but if I hear Tim use "hydroplaning" one more time to desribe a baserunner on a perfectly dry field, and then not mention the phrase once when the field actually is wet, I'm gonna "slam-a-lamma-ding-dong" myself in the junk...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:03 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
trickybeck wrote:
Please tell me Fox has someone else to use for the playoffs.

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.

I think he wanted someone "better"...

Oh, my bad! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:10 pm 

Given the fact FOX Sports is spending billions of Rupert Murdoch's money on Major League Baseball & that the Phillies/Cubs game last Saturday was THE FEATURED GAME, FOX should've sent its "A Team" in Joe Buck & Tim McCarver to Wrigley Field instead of Dick Stockton & Eric Karros. What a joke!!! Joe & Tim should've been there for the White Sox game vs. the Rays 2 Saturdays ago at U.S. Cellular Field. Joe was here with Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver & Chris Myers for the Bears/49ers' "FOX NFL Special" in the preseason, and I thought it would've made all the sense in the world for Joe to stay in Chicago to work the baseball games the last 2 Saturdays. Yet FOX Sports sends Josh Lewin, who was terrible when he worked with the late Harry Caray, and ex-Cub Mark Grace to call the Sox/Rays game instead! Finally, wouldn't you know it, but Stockton calls the Cub game with Karros, and the Cubs lose to the Phillies! He better not be here when the Cubs and/or Sox play postseason baseball next month on FOX & TBS. Stockton is a jinx!!! :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:13 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Given the fact FOX Sports is spending billions of Rupert Murdoch's money on Major League Baseball & that the Phillies/Cubs game last Saturday was THE FEATURED GAME, FOX should've sent its "A Team" in Joe Buck & Tim McCarver to Wrigley Field instead of Dick Stockton & Eric Karros. What a joke!!! Joe & Tim should've been there for the White Sox game vs. the Rays 2 Saturdays ago at U.S. Cellular Field. Joe was here with Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver & Chris Myers for the Bears/49ers' "FOX NFL Special" in the preseason, and I thought it would've made all the sense in the world for Joe to stay in Chicago to work the baseball games the last 2 Saturdays. Yet FOX Sports sends Josh Lewin, who was terrible when he worked with the late Harry Caray, and ex-Cub Mark Grace to call the Sox/Rays game instead! Finally, wouldn't you know it, but Stockton calls the Cub game with Karros, and the Cubs lose to the Phillies! He better not be here when the Cubs and/or Sox play postseason baseball next month on FOX & TBS. Stockton is a jinx!!! :x

Joe Buck is in Football mode now. He won't be back to doing baseball until the playoffs.

I guess Stockton and Karros are the A team? :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:18 pm 

If that's the case, that sucks! Then again, FOX Sports will temporarily move up a couple of its NFL crews once Joe Buck calls MLB Playoffs for the network. Kenny Albert, who got promoted to the #2 team with Daryl Johnston & Tony Siragusa last season, would likely move up to #1 with Troy Aikman. Matt "I Could've Been the Cubs' Voice" Vasgersian, paired normally on a regional level only with J.C. Pearson, would likely join "Moose" & Tony on FOX's #2 NFL crew once the baseball playoffs get going. If Stockton's out of the mix come playoff time for Turner/TBS Sports, Pat Summerall might put down the bottle & call NFL games again with Brian Baldinger. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
pat is on his third liver...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:08 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
pat is on his third liver...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Something happened.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hell yes bring back Summerall. Get Harry Kalas a national gig once Phillies season is over, too. Those are football voices.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:41 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Hell yes bring back Summerall. Get Harry Kalas a national gig once Phillies season is over, too. Those are football voices.

Curious, Harry's been one of the signature voices of NFL Films for many years. I also think you will get your Pat Summerall wish once Joe Buck goes on MLB Playoff & World Series duty for FOX...