It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Fans, let the hype begin. ESPN & its family of networks are already hyping the upcoming season of "NFL Monday Night Football" with a new series of promos, including one featuring '90s rapper M.C. Hammer. While you will see Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski & Tony Kornheiser in the broadcast booth, along with co-sideline reporters Michele Tafoya & Suzy Kolber, there is one noticeable change. You will be happy to know that those idiotic celebrity interviews will be history on ESPN's game broadcast, according to producer Jay Rothman. They've been a constant complaint among "MNF" viewers since ESPN replaced ABC Sports 2 years ago as the home of the popular prime time showcase. Two of the celebrity interviews that literally drove me nuts involved Turner Sports' NBA Analyst Charles Barkley, when the camera kept panning to the booth during the 2nd quarter of the Bears/Cardinals' game in Glendale, AZ & the very unfunny Jim Belushi during a Bears' game in St. Louis. The plan is to concentrate more on the game and not on celebs promoting some TV show or movie like in the past.

Last edited by SHARK on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
what a concept...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
Can someone have Jay Rothman talk to WGN TV producers about the 7th innning interview?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
buryman wrote:
Can someone have Jay Rothman talk to WGN TV producers about the 7th innning interview?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not a Cub fan, but if you're watching a game on WGN, WCIU 26 "The U" or Comcast SportsNet, those 7th inning interviews following the "7th Inning Stretch" are as brutal as the guest conductor butchering "Take Me Out to the Ball Game!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
SHARK wrote:
buryman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not a Cub fan, but if you're watching a game on WGN, WCIU 26 "The U" or Comcast SportsNet, those 7th inning interviews following the "7th Inning Stretch" are as brutal as the guest conductor butchering "Take Me Out to the Ball Game!"

Interview in the 3rd inning not that big of a deal, but in the bottom of the 7th, come on do the math.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SHARK wrote:
Two of the celebrity interviews that literally drove me nuts

A Pirate wrote:
Yarrrgh, it's drivin' me nuts!

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

SHARK wrote:
Two of the celebrity interviews that literally drove me nuts.

So THAT is how it happened. No cure or meds for that either, huh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:12 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't have a problem with celebrity interviews in either Monday Night Football or Cubs games. Monday Night Football had always been sort of the prime-time glitzy mainstream presentation, and I could understand ESPN trying to carry some of that over from ABC. If they want to go for the Hardcore Football style of presentation with Jaworski, I can respect that as well.

As for the Cubs, it breaks up the monotony a little bit to have celebrities and other visitors come by. It makes it look like Wrigley Field is the place to be in the summer. I'd even be receptive to having certain special guests do an inning of commentary. Maybe Bill Murray or Pete Wentz or whoever-the-hell can provide some better calls than "WHOA! OUTTA HERE!" or "six...four......three."