It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
SHARK wrote:
As long as TBS Sports doesn't assign Dick Stockton to call the Cubs/Dodgers' series that starts Wednesday, that'll be good. Then again, Chip Caray isn't much better, but he is the #1 voice for TBS Baseball, for what it's worth...

Silvy said earlier that the recently embombed Stockton will be on the call for the Cubs/Dodgers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
buryman wrote:
SHARK wrote:
As long as TBS Sports doesn't assign Dick Stockton to call the Cubs/Dodgers' series that starts Wednesday, that'll be good. Then again, Chip Caray isn't much better, but he is the #1 voice for TBS Baseball, for what it's worth...

Silvy said earlier that the recently embombed Stockton will be on the call for the Cubs/Dodgers.

I just checked it out on awfulannouncing.com, and the "Curse of Chicago Sports" will call the Cubs/Dodgers' series on TBS Sports with Ron Darling & Tony Gwynn. You know what that means, folks...No Cubs' World Series title for the 100th straight year! :( Also, Red Sox voice Don Orsillo has been assigned the Twins/White Sox winner at Tampa Bay starting @ 1:30p Thursday at Tropicana Field. Harold Reynolds, who was one of the few national baseball talking heads NOT on the Cubs' bandwagon, will analyze that series on TBS. For those who care, Chip Caray got the Red Sox/Angels' series assignment starting Wednesday in Anaheim.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Brian Anderson is bush-league. Terrible announcer.

1) Too screamy. "RYAN BRAUN! TIES THE GAME! HOME RUN!!! AAAAHHHH!" Unmodulated yell.

2) Talks up shitty players. "How about Joe Dillon? This guy is a big piece of what makes the Brewers so great. How about him?"

So I guess he gets to call the Brewers in the playoffs. That's retarded. Let Orsillo do the SAWX then.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
W_Z wrote:
i hated TBS's coverage last year...

It really needed more Frank Caliendo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:24 pm 

newper wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Let the (over) hype begin! TBS will soon shove promos of Caliendo's "Frank TV" down America's throat again during the "Very Funny" network's MLB Playoff coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
SHARK wrote:
newper wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Let the (over) hype begin! TBS will soon shove promos of Caliendo's "Frank TV" down America's throat again during the "Very Funny" network's MLB Playoff coverage.

That's not funny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:52 pm 

For those watching the TBS feed of last night's Dodgers/Cubs' Game 1, Dick Stockton showed his age when he referred to Ryan Dempster as "Dempsey" after he allowed James Loney's grand slam in the 5th that was the turning point in last night's 7-2 win by Los Angeles. "Dempsey"? :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:05 pm 

SHARK wrote:
For those watching the TBS feed of last night's Dodgers/Cubs' Game 1, Dick Stockton showed his age when he referred to Ryan Dempster as "Dempsey" after he allowed James Loney's grand slam in the 5th that was the turning point in last night's 7-2 win by Los Angeles. "Dempsey"? :?

Wait, are you saying Dick Stockton is old?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Dick's well preserved compared to say, Pat Summerall...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:38 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

Something happened... :lol: :lol: :lol: For the record, with Stockton covering this Cubs/Dodgers' NLDS for TBS, we'll be getting the guy who could've been the Cubs' PBP Sunday at Ford Field for the Bears/Lions in Detroit on FOX. I'm referring to Matt Vasgersian, who has been assigned the game Sunday with Brian Baldinger :oops: & Brian Billick... Two Brians...WOW! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:13 am 

SHARK may be on to something here

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:49 am 

Bagels wrote:
SHARK may be on to something here

Thanks, Bagels. I can't put my finger on it, but Dick Stockton calling a Chicago sports team nationally is a curse and a kiss of death. I wish TBS Sports had better quality announcers calling these MLB Playoffs than the ones they've handpicked...I could tolerate Len Kasper, the Cubs' PBP, on a national level, not to mention John Rooney, now the voice of the Cardinals. Brian Anderson? Don Orsillo? You've got to be kidding!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
SHARK wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Something happened... :lol: :lol: :lol: For the record, with Stockton covering this Cubs/Dodgers' NLDS for TBS, we'll be getting the guy who could've been the Cubs' PBP Sunday at Ford Field for the Bears/Lions in Detroit on FOX. I'm referring to Matt Vasgersian, who has been assigned the game Sunday with Brian Baldinger :oops: & Brian Billick... Two Brians...WOW! :lol:

I always saw Billick as a blowhole and a bit of an asswipe, but I thought he was pretty good on analysis during the Bears game. I liked the ex-coach factor, and thought he offered some good info and insight. He also made Baldinger even more irrelevant than usual.