It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Fans, if you are looking for professional quality broadcasts of the MLB Playoffs, turn down TBS & turn up ESPN Radio instead. I've been listening to ESPN Radio 1000's call of these playoff games since Wednesday, and even if our teams have each imploded in the first 2 games of their respective series, the guys calling ESPN Radio's MLB playoff games put the TV boobs on TBS to shame! Dan Shulman is far & away better than Chip Caray, and Jon Miller calls a ballgame better than Dick Stockton! No matter if you are a White Sox, Cubs or a casual baseball fan, turn up ESPN Radio for quality baseball playoff coverage. You'll be glad you did!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

If there's a delay, can't do it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:54 am 

SHARK wrote:
Fans, if you are looking for professional quality broadcasts of the MLB Playoffs, turn down TBS & turn up ESPN Radio instead. I've been listening to ESPN Radio 1000's call of these playoff games since Wednesday, and even if our teams have each imploded in the first 2 games of their respective series, the guys calling ESPN Radio's MLB playoff games put the TV boobs on TBS to shame! Dan Shulman is far & away better than Chip Caray, and Jon Miller calls a ballgame better than Dick Stockton! No matter if you are a White Sox, Cubs or a casual baseball fan, turn up ESPN Radio for quality baseball playoff coverage. You'll be glad you did!

Miller's not bad but as much as i loved Ventura as a player he is an awful color man. You're right the the group calling the cubs game is almost an impossible listen. Tony Gwynn seems like a intelligent guy who knows his baseball but his voice makes me want to jab an old grade school compass into my ear, thought Harold Reynolds did an ok job w/ sox game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I dont know why there is a need to have three men in a booth...I saw it this weekend on TBS with Stockton, Darling and Gwynne and also on FOX for the Bears game with Vaskersian, Baldinger and Billick...I thought Gwynne did a solid job and I didnt care too much for Darling,,,I would also take Billick over Baldinger.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Stockton needs to not do baseball ever again. He is horrible. 1 out...oh wait 2 outs. He did this about 10 times yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Again, why not just watch the damn game and stop hanging on every word of the announcers? How can somebody allow an announcing team to minimize their enjoyment of a game?

My stance is simple: If my team wins, I'm happy...if they lose, I'm not. Fuck the announcers. Mute the damn TV or something.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
For some of us, its part of watching the game. I know that no matter who is doing Sox/Cubs games, if its anybody but the local broadcast team, I am kinda sorta keeping an ear open for mistakes.

Bad announcing doesn't bother me near as much as some people, but I think for most of us as "sports fans" in general, critiquing (sp?) the announcers is just part of watching the game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.