It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
About a week to ten days ago, I revealed your NFL/FOX Sports' pairings for the 2009 season. Now, have your pencil & scorecards ready, as CBS Sports has announced its pairings for the 2009 season, the network's 50th broadcasting the NFL. CBS Sports' 50th NFL season ends in Miami with Super Bowl XLIV at what's now called LandSHARK Stadium. Much to the disappointment of a certain 670 The SCORE midday host known simply as Mac, CBS' #1 team once again this season is Jim Nantz & Phil Simms. If you've listened to Mac in recent years, he's made no secret of his dislike of the former New York Giants' QB as CBS' #1 NFL analyst. Greg Gumbel & Dan Dierdorf remain the network's #2 NFL team, but as you'll notice below, there will be some different pairings for the 2009 season, including a promotion of sorts for a former San Diego Charger QB on the CBS Sports' depth chart...

#3 Dick Enberg/Dan Fouts
#4 Kevin Harlan/Solomon Wilcots
#5 Ian Eagle/Rich Gannon
#6 Gus Johnson/Steve Tasker
#7 Don Criqui/Randy Cross
#8 Bill Macatee/Steve Beuerlein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I do agree with Terry Boers that the CBS guys are much better than the FOX guys. I would be apply with any of the first 6 choices here. I would even take Gus Johnson over Ian Eagle.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
CBS Sports has names I know and recognize when it comes to NFL coverage. In recent years, FOX Sports has actually gone way down its depth chart when they pressed the likes of Chris Rose & Steve Byrnes into service to call NFL games, both involving the Minnesota Vikings. Usually you don't think of the host of FOX's "Saturday Baseball Game of the Week" and one of NASCAR's pit reporters to call PBP on NFL/FOX games...Besides, Mike Joy, the PBP of NASCAR/FOX coverage was pressed into service last year to call a Twins/Rays' game at Tropicana Field...