It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JOE BUCK- HOMER
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
As I watched the Cards/ Cubs game, the problems the Cubs have had were brought up throughout most of the broadcast and rightfully so.

The similarity between D Lee and Pujols impact on their teams is fairly even. Argueably they are the 2 best hitters in the NL right now and any team losing such a player is a HUGE story.

For a player of Pujols status to leave the game, it is usually much more than precautionairy, especially after seeing him holding his back.

I think Buck really stayed away from the Story due to his allegaince to the Cards and how bad this injury will be for them.

I hate to sound like a Diehard with gleaming hope, but 11 back without Pujols doesn't seem that bad now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hope is a dangerous thing Big Fan. A dangerous thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
I'm not seeing how any of that makes Buck a homer. Am I missing something there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nothing really. Buck's a good announcer. Alot of Chicago guys go nuts when they hear national broadcasters and they always assume they have allegence to their home teams. It's usually never the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Currently there is no other national announcer I would rather have doing my teams games than Joe Buck. Now, Tim McCarver is a much different story. Throw the great Jeff Torborg in there next to him and see how that goes.

Post subject: Re: JOE BUCK- HOMER
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:35 am 

bigfan wrote:

I hate to sound like a Diehard with gleaming hope, but 11 back without Pujols doesn't seem that bad now.

:lol:

Must be the subliminal messages the Tribune puts in the scoreboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

EG Greg wrote:
Currently there is no other national announcer I would rather have doing my teams games than Joe Buck. Now, Tim McCarver is a much different story. Throw the great Jeff Torborg in there next to him and see how that goes.

Amen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Joe has even admitted to North a few years ago he gets emotinally involved when doing Cardinal games, which I don't have so much of a problem with.

But

as you see Pujols leave the game, I think he would have been speculating on such a loss and the pending impact much more had it been any other team, and any other player.

I mean they have lost 3 of 4. Of course we all know they will miss Pujols, but it is still part if his job, especially as a National to talk about stuff like that.

It would be like Hawk pulling his slient treatments on national TV if someone was playing the Sox?

And my "Hope" it is extremely minimal, but it's something. Better to have $5 in quarters left in the vegas airport than nothing. At least you get a few pulls and see what happens.