It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:42 pm 

i thought the robin story was good today. i was pretty moved.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:11 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
What was it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77334226/

Found it. I figured that something was up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
W_Z wrote:

I caught some of it on the way home from taking one of my heirs to the pediatrician. The show is at its best when it is real. It was refreshing to hear some honesty today. Always good to hear George in studio.

The one thing I didn't understand was their reasoning why they kept it quiet. Howie claimed that they did it this way, to avoid having every caller ask her how she is feeling, and wishing her well. That is all fine and dandy, but callers would just ask why she wasn't in the studio, causing Howie (the most honest man in show business, just ask him) to lie. Not to mention all of the wild speculation stirred up on message boards, and social media.

I'm glad to hear that she has beaten the cancer, and is healthy again. I'm down on the show these days, but I have been listening to this show for more than half of my life.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Chus wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I caught some of it on the way home from taking one of my heirs to the pediatrician. The show is at its best when it is real. It was refreshing to hear some honesty today. Always good to hear George in studio.

The one thing I didn't understand was their reasoning why they kept it quiet. Howie claimed that they did it this way, to avoid having every caller ask her how she is feeling, and wishing her well. That is all fine and dandy, but callers would just ask why she wasn't in the studio, causing Howie (the most honest man in show business, just ask him) to lie. Not to mention all of the wild speculation stirred up on message boards, and social media.

I'm glad to hear that she has beaten the cancer, and is healthy again. I'm down on the show these days, but I have been listening to this show for more than half of my life.

Callers would ask at first, but that stopped. And it never was enough to derail the show. I think if callers knew exactly what was going on, it really could be a distraction. And like Robin said, having 4 hours a day when you don't have to talk about it or think about it was therapeutic. It made sense to me.

Here's the next question, why aren't they talking about the back office changes? Sabean was fired and now has another gig with Sirius but that wasn't mentioned. There apparently is some new chick that took over. Why isn't Back Office radio on? Or Hein's TV show? Why haven't they addressed that Tracy Millman is sharing an office with Gary? WTF is that? Gary has to share an office? Fire benjy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Wait, Sabean was fired? I don't listen much these days. It's mostly the HTV channel for me. The only issue I have with the Robin situation is the show has been based on honesty. I completely respect her right to keep it private, but it's kind of against the show principles. But I'm just glad she's OK for now.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:12 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:

Here's the next question, why aren't they talking about the back office changes? Sabean was fired and now has another gig with Sirius but that wasn't mentioned. There apparently is some new chick that took over. Why isn't Back Office radio on? Or Hein's TV show? Why haven't they addressed that Tracy Millman is sharing an office with Gary? WTF is that? Gary has to share an office? Fire benjy.

This is the stuff about which Howard has never been honest. In any situation as these, Howie will say that he is just an employee, and the suits make the calls. Of course, when he is brow beating a staff member on air, he is the boss.

Benjy is awful. I can't believe that he is still with the show. He doesn't bring a whole lot to the table. Neither do Richard, or Sal, or any of the other underlings. I do enjoy hearing J.D. the mush mouth.

I didn't know that Fa-Fa-Fooey had to share an office with that behemoth Tracy. Maybe Sirius took some offices away from the show, in response to Howard suing Sirius, and talking shit about them on the air. Who knows?

Tracy Millman wrote:
FUCK YOU!

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:01 am 

howard also tried to convince people he was only half-jewish for a lot of years. they can be choosey about what they're "honest" about. but this situation i understood. and i think they wanted to wait until either the cancer was gone, or she was going to succumb. it was a great hour or so of radio to listen to though. like chus said, the show is best when it's real. and it felt like old times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:09 pm 

I haven't listened in months but I tuned in this morning for about 2 minutes. Long enough for Howard to give us this advice -

"The best way to see a movie screening is to get to know the director."

So, there's a tip out there for you youngsters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:47 pm 

:lol: he did have a good interview with john goodman earlier in the week actually. that was the first time i've tuned in in months.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:29 pm 

W_Z wrote:
:lol: he did have a good interview with john goodman earlier in the week actually. that was the first time i've tuned in in months.

This. I was in the car for a while, so I gave it a listen just as Walter entered the studio.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:08 am 

this morning's another example of how bad and self indulgent this show has gotten...another round of psych and eli going after each other. two guys whose only claim to fame is writing robin song parodies. eli's got one of the most annoying "look how funny i am" singing voices ever, and neither one are all that clever.

robin parody songs are fun to write but to peg your whole life around making them is really sad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:35 am 

W_Z wrote:
this morning's another example of how bad and self indulgent this show has gotten...another round of psych and eli going after each other. two guys whose only claim to fame is writing robin song parodies. eli's got one of the most annoying "look how funny i am" singing voices ever, and neither one are all that clever.

robin parody songs are fun to write but to peg your whole life around making them is really sad.

You should challenge them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:12 am 

Just heard this bit. Not great at all, but I do like that they have made the decision to be more decisive on the guests they bring in. This was probably better than a shitty guest.

Eli says he worked for Kimmel and Ellen, btw. Did not know that, thought he was living off the Stern show. Surprising.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:21 pm 

yes, he did say that but that's not his claim to fame. no one would know him at all if it weren't for the robin song parodies.

i think i did send in a batch that i did years ago. i don't know if it got to the right people but they were never played on the air. oh well.

i also did a "restless, restless" version for the contest back in '04. i still have an mp3 of it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:27 pm 

W_Z wrote:
yes, he did say that but that's not his claim to fame. no one would know him at all if it weren't for the robin song parodies.

i think i did send in a batch that i did years ago. i don't know if it got to the right people but they were never played on the air. oh well.

i also did a "restless, restless" version for the contest back in '04. i still have an mp3 of it.

You wore your purple dress, I put on my dancing shoes.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:58 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Just heard this bit. Not great at all, but I do like that they have made the decision to be more decisive on the guests they bring in. This was probably better than a shitty guest.

Eli says he worked for Kimmel and Ellen, btw. Did not know that, thought he was living off the Stern show. Surprising.

google Eli Braden and see what comes up

A lot of comedians say they have worked with X. In reality they wrote a joke or two. Jackie wrote a few jokes for Rodney Dangerfield

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:38 pm 

W_Z wrote:

The next play in the playbook, is to tell the audience how many emails the show received, stating just how awesome the segment was. I caught that nonsense in the car this morning.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:35 pm 

classic stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_a83M-mZso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 am 

when was the last time Robin was in studio after her courageous defeat of cancer?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hey let me tell you about this great vacation I went on with notable Hollywood big shots!! :roll:

What is it really like to vacation with one of the world's most high-profile couples?

Howard Stern — who spent the holiday with his wife, Beth, in Mexico along with Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux, Jimmy Kimmel, and his new bride, Molly — shared a few highlights from the trip on his SiriusXM radio show on Monday.

"Their lives are crazy!" exclaimed Stern, referring to the paparazzi that constantly follow Jen, 44, and her fiancé, Justin, 42, around. "Literally, they have a home on the ocean, and right on the ocean are boats [of photographers], and they are with you the whole vacation … I thought after a while they would go away.

"It's crazy, too. They make up stories to go along with the pictures that have nothing to do with the reality," the 59-year-old shock jock continued. "Like, 'Oh Jen and Justin are not fighting, they are having a great romance right now,' and all they are doing is sitting by a pool. But they make up stuff … I really was like, 'Oh my God, to have a camera on you every minute of your vacation is insane.'"

There certainly was no shortage of pics of Jen and Justin's pool time; however, celebrity factor aside, it sounds like the trip was a normal couple's getaway filled with wine, food, and golf.

"Jimmy cooked dinner, it took him all day to make it," shared Stern. "He made homemade pasta, his own ricotta cheese … it was really unbelievably great. We just sat there in Mexico, drinking wine, eating Jimmy's food."

Although Howard had a blast with his "boyfriend" Jimmy Kimmel, he also seemed to get along quite well with Theroux.

"I had a great time with Justin, too," Howard noted. "Smart guy … funny f--king guy. He pulled kind of a funny prank.

"I get up at four in the morning no matter what, even when I'm on vacation. In Mexico, I had a little frying pan and some egg whites, because when I get up I'm hungry, and then when I eat, I go back to bed. So Beth and I would be up super early, and every day we'd go for a walk for, like, an hour and a half … so I wake up one morning and in the frying pan there is a note that says, 'Howard, hey now, do me a favor and wake me up. Molly and I want to go on the walk with you guys, so please wake us up. We want to go with you,'" Stern recounted.

"So I said to Beth, 'Oh for Christ's sake, I don't want to wake them up because I know they sleep into — I swear to God — like 11 in the morning," he continued. "Anyways, I'm debating whether to wake Jimmy and Molly up. Now I'm angry. I said to Beth, 'They can go on their own walk.' We debate and debate, we start to knock on their door lightly. I said, 'Okay, they haven't answered, lets just go.' The whole time I'm walking I'm like, 'Oh God, they are probably going to be upset.' It ruined the whole walk.

"I get back, I say to Jimmy, 'Hey, I didn't wake you up,' he goes, 'What are you talking about?' … Turned out Justin left the note in the frying pan and made it like it was Jimmy so I would wake them up … that's a pretty good practical joke," Howard laughed.

As for guy time, it seems the trio decided to hit the links one day, which, well, could have gone better.

"We were so f--king bad at golf, the three of us," confessed Howard. "The game lasted two hours and we only got to the fourth hole … [we started with] 45 balls and we brought back 3 … We were like three blind people playing."

Doesn't sound like it put a damper on the trip though.

"This was the most relaxing vacation I've ever had," Stern revealed. "Everyone was very pleased I didn't throw a tantrum or act like an a--hole."

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:31 pm 

i thought of listening this morning but i'm glad i chose not to...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Hey let me tell you about this great vacation I went on with notable Hollywood big shots!! :roll:

What is it really like to vacation with one of the world's most high-profile couples?

Howard Stern — who spent the holiday with his wife, Beth, in Mexico along with Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux, Jimmy Kimmel, and his new bride, Molly — shared a few highlights from the trip on his SiriusXM radio show on Monday.

"Their lives are crazy!" exclaimed Stern, referring to the paparazzi that constantly follow Jen, 44, and her fiancé, Justin, 42, around. "Literally, they have a home on the ocean, and right on the ocean are boats [of photographers], and they are with you the whole vacation … I thought after a while they would go away.

"It's crazy, too. They make up stories to go along with the pictures that have nothing to do with the reality," the 59-year-old shock jock continued. "Like, 'Oh Jen and Justin are not fighting, they are having a great romance right now,' and all they are doing is sitting by a pool. But they make up stuff … I really was like, 'Oh my God, to have a camera on you every minute of your vacation is insane.'"

There certainly was no shortage of pics of Jen and Justin's pool time; however, celebrity factor aside, it sounds like the trip was a normal couple's getaway filled with wine, food, and golf.

"Jimmy cooked dinner, it took him all day to make it," shared Stern. "He made homemade pasta, his own ricotta cheese … it was really unbelievably great. We just sat there in Mexico, drinking wine, eating Jimmy's food."

Although Howard had a blast with his "boyfriend" Jimmy Kimmel, he also seemed to get along quite well with Theroux.

"I had a great time with Justin, too," Howard noted. "Smart guy … funny f--king guy. He pulled kind of a funny prank.

"I get up at four in the morning no matter what, even when I'm on vacation. In Mexico, I had a little frying pan and some egg whites, because when I get up I'm hungry, and then when I eat, I go back to bed. So Beth and I would be up super early, and every day we'd go for a walk for, like, an hour and a half … so I wake up one morning and in the frying pan there is a note that says, 'Howard, hey now, do me a favor and wake me up. Molly and I want to go on the walk with you guys, so please wake us up. We want to go with you,'" Stern recounted.

"So I said to Beth, 'Oh for Christ's sake, I don't want to wake them up because I know they sleep into — I swear to God — like 11 in the morning," he continued. "Anyways, I'm debating whether to wake Jimmy and Molly up. Now I'm angry. I said to Beth, 'They can go on their own walk.' We debate and debate, we start to knock on their door lightly. I said, 'Okay, they haven't answered, lets just go.' The whole time I'm walking I'm like, 'Oh God, they are probably going to be upset.' It ruined the whole walk.

"I get back, I say to Jimmy, 'Hey, I didn't wake you up,' he goes, 'What are you talking about?' … Turned out Justin left the note in the frying pan and made it like it was Jimmy so I would wake them up … that's a pretty good practical joke," Howard laughed.

As for guy time, it seems the trio decided to hit the links one day, which, well, could have gone better.

"We were so f--king bad at golf, the three of us," confessed Howard. "The game lasted two hours and we only got to the fourth hole … [we started with] 45 balls and we brought back 3 … We were like three blind people playing."

Doesn't sound like it put a damper on the trip though.

"This was the most relaxing vacation I've ever had," Stern revealed. "Everyone was very pleased I didn't throw a tantrum or act like an a--hole."

Oh, Howie. Please tell us more.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 pm 

I see Stern dropped the Abe Kanan show from his network. Have never heard the show but occasionally hung around with him in high school and when he was doing voices for Mancow when we were in college. Seemed like a decent guy. Was it that bad?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
wiggy's episode of "comedians in cars getting coffee" with jerry seinfeld just went up today. click on the transcendental face of radio to be teleported to the proper episode:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:26 pm 

i listened to his interview with donovan. i honestly did not know that guy basically wrote hit songs like it was a bodily function. great talent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:04 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
wiggy's episode of "comedians in cars getting coffee" with jerry seinfeld just went up today. click on the transcendental face of radio to be teleported to the proper episode:

That interview was revealing. I don't think it was particularly flattering for Stern either in his physical appearance or personality. Seinfeld kind of played him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:20 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

It's funny to see his choppers now, after how he made fun of Ta-Ta-Toothy for 30 years.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
welp, at the risk of a few negs (and hopefully the 1 or 2 reps that make it worthwhile) i finally snapped in a post over @ dawgshed.com (nee dawg's saloon, aka the #1 post-/howard-stern-fans board on the net after SFN died a horrible death in the wake of howard wielding his power and influence over mutt/SFN when the AGT announcement was made..... you know, the board was gonna upgrade software which meant a pretty sizeable bit of downtime as all of the old message databases were converted over to the new format.... so basically when howard made his AGT announcement "the #1 stern fans messageboard" was completely down for two weeks, which most notably meant that anyone who was searching on howard right around the time of the announcement couldn't read anything posted about him on SFN for a few weeks (barring internet/google cache, of course) --- which you know, ties in so perfectly with the whole "champion of free speech" thing, aka FUCK THE FCC!!!!! THEY'VE BEEN DESTROYING MY ABILITY TOO PUT ON A GOOD SHOW!!!! THE REVOLUTION IS NIGH!!!! NO MORE BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!)

AHEM. the slogan obviously forgot a comma, semicolon, or a few exclamation points (however you grammatically roll) cuz it should have been NO, MORE BULLSHIT!!! OR NO!!!!!!!!!! MORE BULLSHIT! =( etc etc etc

so yeah idk i was just in a random thread there and i've been caught up in thought cycles about how howard's wig is such a fucking apropos/magnanimous metaphor/symbol of everything about this 100.0% phony motherfucker that i just kind of went and snapped..... so in the spirit of wanting the CSFMB to have some good proper (TL;DR) writing from me, i'll grace this howard stern thread with my thoughts from dawg's saloon, which are the thoughts of a beyond-casual listener who got sucked into the hype and hoopla when he first moved to sirius (pops got me a sirius radio for christmas 2005 along with a 6month/1yr subscription so i was there for the revolution starting with day 1.... and by the time mid-late 2008 rolled around and it was time to renew again, i just kind of went all goffralopithicus on it and said "keep it" and would only miss backspin 43, which was killed off and "merged" into the inferior XM "oldschool rap" station after the horrible fucking "fuck-you-to-the-consumers" merger.

so without further adieu (cuz if you want some fucking adieu, i can give you some fucking adieu. are you busy for the next half-hour? =) here is my undoubtedly negrep-inducing rant from dawg's a few minutes ago:

---

you know, the wig is such an awesome giant symbol/metaphor for all things howard..... it's the epitome of every ounce of bullshit that perpetually swirls around him, as in the case of howard it's not that the emperor has no clothes.... it's that the emperor isn't even the emperor, if he's even an actual human being in the first place.

it's amazing to me that basically everything howard talks about is some sort of lie or exaggeration..... you know for the longest time he and his cohorts were quick to pat themselves on the back as "the most honest show in radio" -- but then i'm reminded of something i once read about when i was reading up on the concept/theory/practice of advertising.... when you advertise for a product you often want to go out and make a claim against what would be perceived to be the biggest knocks about the product. i.e. produce at the store is FRESH, tylenol is LONG LASTING, and car dealerships talk about their LOW LOW PRICES.... indeed, if the usual #1 priority for someone advertising something is to go out and preemptively strike against the biggest knocks of said [thing-being-advertised], then take a gander back at this whole "most honest show in radio" thing and revel in the laughter (...for a change) as you realize that howard's so full of shit that literally everything about him and his show is a carefully scripted exercise in complete and utter bullshitting in the hopes of self-promoting itself/himself as this big important greatest radio show ever / very important and relevant celebrity.... and realize that nowadays howard is basically on the verge of constantly being caught up in any # of lies that have come to build up his empire of bullshit.... and we the "super fans" are hanging out here constantly taking him to task for all of the bullshit that he's basically spewed since day one.

howard was never any better than all of the rest of the "phony" celebrities that he made a career out of cutting on as he came up. in fact, howard was actually worse than just about all of 'em combined... but since he was such a smooth talker and able to turn any dialogue into rhetoric that worked towards his ends of duping you into believing that he was the light and the way, well hey as long as the show as "real" and funny we were along for the ride.

but now that the funny has gone and howard spirals deeper and deeper into the obscurity that once seemed unthinkable..... we've come to realize that it's all a bunch of bullshit. whether it's this or that... or in this case, whether it's howard carrying on about how internet-TV is for losers who can't get on real TV..... he's just patently wrong about everything. you know if there were marbles to be gained and/or audience #s to be racked up wholesale howard would be taking his show to the internet.... but since he's got a deal to be on a major network TV gong show knockoff and since he had HowardTV linked up with actual oldschool cable-TV providers, he had a vested interest (it's all about the marbles, robin) to trash anything that could compete with his fledgling little TV empire.... and now that these opportunities are going to pasture (howard TV thanked its' "thousands" of viewers, and man i wish we could catch wind of just how small the NBC/AGT contract is nowdays... he's prolly only doing it for a few million with the "real" payment being that he's still on national TV and he can get his name out there because the world needs more beth (she's an angel, you know).

and of course, when seinfeld comes a-callin' with his internet-TV show that just so happens to call howard "a comedian" (i'm sure jerry finds him funny at least) there's howard so quick to run over to jerry and get on board, cuz clearly he considers himself to be some sort of a comedian on the level with your chris rocks, louis CKs, and whoever else jerry gets on his show.

to end this rant (and my apologies.... these thoughts had been boiling up over the last few months and tonight i just snapped and let them rip) i just gotta say that HOLY SHIT it would be awesome to be a fly on the wall during howard's psychologist/headshrinker sessions. on some level howard's gotta be a pretty sharp/smart guy (cuz even if he ultimately did it dishonorably, he's still gotten far in life and shown that even if he plays dirty and all that he still does play to win the game) and thus he has to realize that he's perhaps the biggest "phony" of them all. he has to know that he made it big being a giant grade-AAA hypocrite to the Nth degree lambasting all of the celebrities for doing the kind of things he WISHED he could do (and now that he's got the chance to do, he's doing them and thensome) and the whole "the emperor has no clothes.... and isn't even an emperor!" metaphor.

i mean howard HAS to realize what he's become, and ultimately he's able to slag it all off as "worthwhile" cuz he's got a billion dollars or whatever and thus since he has so many more marbles than most he's therefore validated as being correct.... even tho anyone with a half of a brain and a soul (or at least the perspective to see howard for what/who he is) realizes that the guy must be truly miserable running around in the trendiest clothes that his fashion-expert-boyfriend is on the payroll to pick out for him constantly having to lug this "toni" around to keep his wig glued on while he trollops around with this stupid fucking whorse who makes the world a dumber place whenever she opens up her sizeable mouth.... and in the end the guy who used to warrant major manhattan streets getting closed down for a movie premiere or book signing now only has freaks like MFB and/or bobo following him around everywhere, as the closest he comes to any sort of hoopla is all of that staged AGT red carpet "entrance event" shit that they do outside of the early-round theatres like it's some big fucking deal.

nope.... howard truly failed. if he truly had a soul he could have found a way to truly "evolve" with the times and eased into his later years all kinds of super fuck-you-rich and retired with dignity as the undisputed king of 90s/"shock jock"-era radio with a rosy-glasses-viewed legacy that might not have stood up to the test of time, but still was remembered as one hell of a fun ride.... as opposed to now where seeing him carry on with this dog and pony show (if not 50 foster kittens and whorse show) only serves to remind us that we were all naive gullible idiots/fools/morons for ever believing that this guy was anything special, cool, or worthy of our adulation back in the day.

* pounds table *

SHOMER SHABBOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah sorry ladies and gentlemen, i just had all of ^^^that^^^ simmering to a boil for awhile and i had to let it loose..... so hey why not do it in a random daily "OMFG can you believe howard's a hypocrite because he once said [X]???" thread cuz lord knows there's enough of these on the board. i'll be sure to resume my usual ~90%-non-TL;DR-babblefest posting paradigm ASAP.... but yeah man, it's just fucking amazing how that goddamn wig of his truly sums up the whole howard stern persona/experience/aura/legacy in one tangibly sad pathetic fucking laugh-at-the-pathetic-old-rich-guy object.

can you imagine how much more we'd respect the guy if one day he just snapped and ripped off the wig and said "man look i gotta be real with you guys, i'm fucking rich and in a sense i have everything i want but holy shit i fucked up bad and i hate my life.... i'm a miserable homosexual man who spends all day pretending to be something he's not... i'm married to a vapid famewhore who makes me look worse everytime she shows up to get her picture taken, let alone when she opens her mouth, and now i'm watching the once-greatest-show-in-the-history-of-radio turn into something far beyond a sad caricature of itself.... it's just a vehicle of self-promotion where i carry on about how great i am to the rest of the true believer cult members whose lives are so sad and empty they have nothing more to hold on to than their status as a fan of this horrible radio show? i can't take it and i don't care what kind of fallout this causes.... i just have to be honest with you, my listeners.... the people i used to believe that i'd do anything for.... but now since i've only been desperate to get the acceptance and validation of the hollywood/celebrity elite i've screwed you guys over with all of this bullshit.... so much for the revolution. so yes everyone, my name is howard allan stern and i'm 57 years old [whatever] and i'm a bald gay man who seriously needs a cock in his ass after i'm done with today's show because holy shit i'm sick of living the lie that's ultimately going to destroy my legacy..."

indeed, if he snapped like that i think he'd win a lot of his old fans back..... but instead the psychologist (no doubt part of the money train, aka the "bubble" of asslicking yes-wo/men around him who will tell him whatever he wants to hear in order to keep the $$$ pumping to them) would think about all of that $$$ he gets for propping howard up and getting the sociopath in a mindset condusive to going out there and continuing with the show, so yeah, instead of going out with a legitimate bang he's gonna go out with the continued long slow wheeze aka the last breath of death..... and if we're lucky, maybe somehow someday someone will have the balls to say FUCK THE NDAS and introduce us to the man that we probably never really knew, the real howard allan stern.

aaaaand..... finis. again, sorry everyone but now that this is out of my system i won't go back to anything remotely resembling this moment of pure catharsis ever again. * pounds table * SHOMER SHABBOS!

---

and yeah.....
Forrest Gump wrote:
...and that's all i've got to say about that/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:57 pm 

It's not a wig

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next