It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I completely forget that Howard Stern exists and really only hear his name now when Eddie talks about his time interning there 6 or 7 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Regardless of the show Howard and Beth are a cute couple.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
W_Z wrote:
dusting this thread off for a bump.

i realize now that i listen to the wrap-up show almost exclusively besides older segments...so pretty much only Howard 101. his regular show is really awful. chris wilding is the unfunniest asswipe that got a job on that show and i've listened since 1993.

i think he's had his 6th interview with paul mccartney in the past year-and-a-half. we get it. i loved the first two interviews, and since then it's just been repetitive and even dull.

he's had kristen stewart, emily rajanogonnaworkhereanymore, and fucking ed sheeran for like the 3rd time now. this is worse than "entertainment tonight".

the howard subreddit pretty much says it all at this point. "reddit, you've said it all."

He cant attract the guests that he used to because he isnt relevant anymore. I usually pay for Sirius for 6 months then let it expire and get it 6-12 months later so I dont continually listen but Howard 101 had the best shit on there for a while. it seems that everytime I go back the bits they replay get milder so I dont tune in as much. They need to replay the great stuff that made him what he was 20 years ago but that will harm his new image. He has become another useless woke voice on the air

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:42 am 

yeah unfortunately the really good stuff is a timing thing--you gotta listen to 101 at the right times to hear anything artie period or before. i heard a clip from when booey came late to an appearance at albany which sounded roughly late noinedies.

i still like having sirius but it's a shame stern has become everything he made fun of don imus for (great pic posted above). i mean yeah he's gonna be 68 in a few months and i don't think any stern fan thought he'd still be doing his show this late in life. also the fact that his parents are still alive is pretty amazing.

but his bits get driven into the ground, he insists on dragging everything out and getting impersonators that do really tired acts.

even the wack pack is just bad now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Even as uninspired the current Stern 100 show is it's still more listenable, and enjoyable than current Score shows (except guests).

Parkins says he listened to Stern on Sirius (only select college kids have Sirius in car) driving back and forth from his affluent suburb to Syracuse. He was a huge fan. What a strange guy to idolize in that Parkins now specializes in bland, debating style radio.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bigfoot doesn't recognize, and argues with himself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4F6pkkFZswk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm 

it is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
W_Z wrote:
chris wilding is the unfunniest asswipe that got a job on that show and i've listened since 1993.

He's the worst. Who wants to hear 20 minutes of his gay exploits?

The girls on the show are actually pretty funny. Ronnie's Mom, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Ivanka Trump, and now Greta Thunberg are the best thing going for the show right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17