It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:31 pm 

vacation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Oh. His 6 week summer sabbatical.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
W_Z wrote:
thanks for bumping this; i meant to post that i'm absolutely loving the howard stern retrospective stuff. i didn't know that they did a "parody" of "harlem shuffle" by rolling stones and were sent cease and desist orders. loved hearing the arsenio that howard got kicked off of.

this is the best thing they've ever done during his absence. it's like the history channel for howard, and it shows what an impact he made on radio. the simulcast to philly started a chain reaction.

I caught some of this Friday on the way home from Santa's Village. It was right when Howie was getting on the air in L.A. It was cringeworthy hearing him slam Mark and Brian for stealing his bits, while they were in Alabama. If Stern was only on in New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, how did those two hear him in Alabama? And what about Howard stealing bits from Steve Dahl?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:06 am 

i never heard dahl in his prime years, and the sternphiles will argue that howard never stole from anyone and was a true original. just like comedians, i have to believe all these guys stole something from each other, even if it was stealing from lower level guys to get an idea.

they played the OJ prank phone call to peter jennings this morning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:14 pm 

Baba-Booey! Howard Stern's penis! Woooooo!

http://democraticmemes.org/2015/07/26/w ... rns-penis/

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
W_Z wrote:
i never heard dahl in his prime years, and the sternphiles will argue that howard never stole from anyone and was a true original. just like comedians, i have to believe all these guys stole something from each other, even if it was stealing from lower level guys to get an idea.

From Wikipedia FWIW...
According to Paul D. Colford, a former writer for Long Island Newsday, Howard Stern listened to tapes of Steve and Garry sent from Chicago by a friend of the chief engineer at WCCC Hartford. Colford claims Stern eventually developed his on-air style as a result of these tapes. Later, Stern was hired at WWWW Detroit (which Dahl had left when he moved to Chicago).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
W_Z wrote:
they need to ditch this annoying mat in california caller. good god his voice is atrocious and his laugh is awful. he isn't even remotely interesting. same goes for nut the nerd. he's at least a seemingly nice guy but brutal voice.

I love Howard , haven't listened to him since he left wckg 105.9 . you just described pretty much every regular caller I ever heard . from that dumb bitch Maryanne in Brooklyn or Cabby to Erik the midget or Chauncey .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:37 pm 

I will listen every blue moon to Stern. One thing is constant, he will have the usual set-up callers who are basically considered safe callers who won't ruffle feathers. Maryanne from Brooklyn is the AGT plug whore who will always get picked up.

It's amazing how my opinion of Stern changed in the matter of years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:57 pm 

312player wrote:
W_Z wrote:
they need to ditch this annoying mat in california caller. good god his voice is atrocious and his laugh is awful. he isn't even remotely interesting. same goes for nut the nerd. he's at least a seemingly nice guy but brutal voice.

I love Howard , haven't listened to him since he left wckg 105.9 . you just described pretty much every regular caller I ever heard . from that dumb bitch Maryanne in Brooklyn or Cabby to Erik the midget or Chauncey .

there's usually something at least redeemable in their value...whether it be fred playing sound clips during their calls, or something like an amusing fued. this guy is more useless than bobo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:04 am 

Quadrophenia wrote:

It's amazing how my opinion of Stern changed in the matter of years.

If you told me five years ago, that I wouldn't be listening to Stern at all, here in 2015, I would have called you a filthy liar. I used to catch every second of every show, be it live, or a replay. Now, I have no interest.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:02 pm 

Howard is such a vomit. He couldn't make it across town for Richard's wedding, or Baba Booey's father's funeral, but he can get to L.A. for celebrity weddings.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
artie recently had stuttering john on his podcast and they talked about howard and bunch and even got into talking about PC howard stern and i was surprised with the longstanding rumors of NDAs and all that that they went off on it as much as they did.

fortunately ppl like throwing artie's podcast up on youtube, so here it is starting about 37:55 where they get into the PC howard stern topic. from a synopsis my brother gave me it sounds like this is gonna be a good listen. they actually go off on howard and the state of the show

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:30 pm 

I listened to some of it...when I have time I want to listen to the whole thing. I'm not sure I agree he's under PR or has to be PC. he was just in the news a few months ago for saying stuff about sam smith. he was saying he was "a fat gay guy" (in a positive way) and was lambasted for being a "bully" or some bullshit. so if he had a PC guard on him, i doubt he would've slipped that onto the air.

the gilbert stuff i can't really wrap my head around. why would that be wrong but amy schumer is allowed?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:04 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
artie recently had stuttering john on his podcast and they talked about howard and bunch and even got into talking about PC howard stern and i was surprised with the longstanding rumors of NDAs and all that that they went off on it as much as they did.

fortunately ppl like throwing artie's podcast up on youtube, so here it is starting about 37:55 where they get into the PC howard stern topic. from a synopsis my brother gave me it sounds like this is gonna be a good listen. they actually go off on howard and the state of the show

Wow after 15 years John was only making 85k a year? Sheesh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:38 pm 

Poor Howie was hurt by John and Artie. Somebody call the Waaaaambulance.

Here is Artie responding to Howard being hurt. I have a newly found respect for Artie after listening to this. Artie is wrong about one thing, Howard is not happy. He is a miserable bastard.

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=artie%20quitter%209/21

The first is Artie's thoughts on Howie. The second is Stuttering John calling in.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:24 pm 

Artie giving a lot of props to Benji. :shock: also I'm out of the loop but what happened with the TV guys? Howard fire them all!?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Artie giving a lot of props to Benji. :shock: also I'm out of the loop but what happened with the TV guys? Howard fire them all!?

Howard OnDemand contract was up, they didn't renew. They all have other jobs now.

Howard signed a new deal with a content company called WhaleRock. It's expected to replace HOD... but there are no details yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:14 pm 

Chus wrote:
Poor Howie was hurt by John and Artie. Somebody call the Waaaaambulance.

Here is Artie responding to Howard being hurt. I have a newly found respect for Artie after listening to this. Artie is wrong about one thing, Howard is not happy. He is a miserable bastard.

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=artie%20quitter%209/21

The first is Artie's thoughts on Howie. The second is Stuttering John calling in.

very honest response. which i have always respected about artie...but he did fuck up a lot on that show. you know it's weird, i should probably have more vitriol for howard but personally i relate to him on a level that is hard to break. not the hampton howie, AGT howie or wig howie...but the guy inside...i still think that's there. and i still listen. but i know what artie's talking about and i can actually feel his heart break.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:27 pm 

so...one thing that i'm noticing a lot more and more, because he insists on doing 3-4 interviews per week now on his short ass schedule...is that he is starting to become very larry king-like in his interview process. almost like he's bought the hype that he's a great interviewer and now uses a persona rather than just let the celebrity talk.

if he knows the person and has had them on, it's a little more relaxed. but if it's one of those names he's really wanted or if it's some big star, he does that thing where he irritatingly plays dumb and asks really simple questions that any thumb through a "variety" or "entertainment weekly" magazine could answer. he'll do that assumption game where he'll just say "You hated working with..." "You turned down this because..." and it's always unsubstantiated and usually answered with a "No, that's not at all true..."

But the most irritating trope is his insistence on bringing up 2 specific people when talking to actors: he always asks "don't you hate guys like daniel day-lewis who always acts like 'lincoln' through the whole shoot?", and "you know guys who throw their career away because they were difficult, like elliott gould in 'mash'." Finally, there was an actor (i can't remember who off the top of my head) who actually corrected howard and said that gould was never difficult. he just smoked weed a lot and that turned some directors away because he was always high.

not only that, gould did have a pretty solid career after "mash". but seriously, he's been asking those questions to every actor he gets in there. they were playing an old howard 101 interview from 2013 where he asked mark wahlberg that exact same thing.

the halloween stuff they did on Howard 101 through the weekend though was pretty awesome. i love radio theater.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
This is very true. The Elvis Costello interview in particular was cringe-worthy at every turn. I don't believe for a second that Stern had ever heard any of the greatest hits that he played and talked about. That and the forced daddy issues talk is hard to take. I do still think it's funny when he imitates his own parents though.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:36 pm 

i agree; and i was really looking forward to that interview. i've always liked costello and respected his music. i'm not sure how much howard was legitimately into him--but on the flip side, like i was saying, his interview with fogerty was good. because you knew he know fogerty's and CCR's music. and he has a lot of interesting stories to tell.

i do love when he imitates his parents too. sometimes i catch myself talking like his imitation of his parents just randomly. "Listen! we have coffee in the evenings..." "WHAT?!" "i said we have our coffee in the evenings!" "THAT'S RIGHT! THE EVENINGS!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 pm 

Yeah you're right. The classic rock guys are the best. The David Crosby interview was great--Captain Sinsemilla 1967.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 pm 

neil young was good too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:56 am 

I do have to say, the jd sheets parody songs have been some of the best work on the show in some time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Ilfornos
Hey Now Stern fans...I contributed a few Robin songs to the show which have been played on air. I posted one of them on youtube. Check it out with peace and love!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFd06blgA_s

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
so are we down to ~5-6 shows left? or do you guys think that howard has re-signed (on the cheap) on the low and he's just milking the drama to get 10s of more listeners on the edge of their seats?

maybe he's gonna finally push away from SXM and go do something with SIM cards.... those are the future robin!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:24 pm 

Have to think Wigward is going to sign the contract and come back. The fuck else is he going to do? He'll turn into Howard Hughes in about 3 months if he retires.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:07 pm 

Beetlejuice is eating lunch right now.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1jMKgWZZljMKL

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:50 am 

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:49 pm 

<º)))><

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next