It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 pm 

The show is crap at this point. There was a 1 1/2 stretch at the beginning at Sirius where the show was amazzzzzing. But after they hit Stern's subscriber bonus, the show took a nosedive.

I don't even miss the show if i go a few weeks/months w/o listening. I'll tune back in and he is talking about Dancing w/ the Stars or how he is being mistreated by Sirius and I quickly tune out.

It's like watching your favorite athlete fail in the closing days.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:19 am 

I listen to NFL radio far more often then Stern when I do get a chance to enjoy Sirius/XM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
He should have just retired. He was off for what, 2-3 weeks at the end of August/beginning of Sept, then works 2 three-day weeks and now he's off again this week?

And, while the specials they used to put on, The History of Howard series, were very good. Now, they are packaging classic "Robin News Stories".

Tomorrow - the Marv Albert story... (true)

No thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
In my mind, he basically did. I still watch some of the On Demand stuff. They finally got rid of that awful circus into. The Jonah Hill interview was awesome. For those that didn't hear it, Jonah was hanging out with Diddy and Jermaine Dupree while Diddy was trying to get the "Get Him to the Greek" gig. Jonah, three of his friends, Diddy, Dupree, and fourteen bodyguards were in an elevator that stopped. Complete silence. Jonah says, "Hey, you guys want to just start sucking each others dicks?" Diddy had to keep everyone from beating Jonah's ass. I haven't laughed that hard at a story in a while.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:42 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Jonah Hill was good. I even like Whitney Cummings on the show but that NBC thing needs to be shot.

Plus, George Takei week is usually pretty solid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:42 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Jonah Hill was good. I even like Whitney Cummings on the show but that NBC thing needs to be shot.

Plus, George Takei week is usually pretty solid.

Agree on every point Doc.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 pm 

By "week", of course, I mean 3 days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:48 pm 

By "week", of course, I mean 3 days.

The schedule thing honestly didn't bother me. It was the lack of effort put into everything after the new contract. I'd take three days a week, if the shows were 2007 worthy. Also, like Artie or not, I didn't realize how much he made the show for me. Having a vocal, heterosexual male in the room made it far more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:52 pm 

I only really liked the show with Artie. Hated it in the cackling Jackie days. Listen to it now more out of habit than anything.

Artie is the only guy with an actual sense of humor. You can tell Howard is just reading Benji's jokes off the screen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:44 pm 

I haven't listened in months. Howard was right that morning radio is habitual. I didn't go cold turkey, all of the vacations and 3 day half-ass weeks slowly weened me off the show.

I agree with Dr, if Howard hit the ball out of the park those 3 days, I could live w/ a part-time Stern. But when there is zero effort put into the show I refuse to waste my time.

I liked Jackie and liked Artie. Having a true comic and comedy writer in the studio makes a huge difference. Stern is too cheap to fork over money necessary for a comedic talent. Although, I'm sure he would figure a guy cracking jokes in the background would be annoying. You saw how he would frown upon Artie freestyling on the news when Howard was in GTFO mode.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:43 pm 

Artie is going to be on Letterman in roughly twenty minutes. I miss that silly jackass. He's promoting his new sports radio show with Nick Dipaolo. They're trying to get this syndicated everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:13 pm 

He seems nervous, twitchy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:16 pm 

That was tough to watch. He finally seemed comfortable at the end.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am 

Drop In wrote:

That was tough to watch. He finally seemed comfortable at the end.

I'm waiting for Artie's show to get on iTunes so I haven't been listening. Any word on the progress of his next book?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Drop In wrote:
He's promoting his new sports radio show with Nick Dipaolo.

Artie knows very little about sports. Anyone who listens will find this to be painfully obvious.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:46 am 

I only really liked the show with Artie. Hated it in the cackling Jackie days. .

The Billy West days were the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:56 pm 

Yes, I'm now gay. Did anyone hear the Chris Martin of Coldplay interview? I watched it on demand, and I found it outstanding. I also hate most of the times when they have musical guests.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:39 am 

The show is live today, which is rare for a Thursday. Howard starts the show by announcing that they will do Thursdays all month, as a big holiday bonus to his fans. Of course, the last day of live shows will be December 15th, not the 29th. Thirty minutes in, it comes out that he has to work these last three Thursdays to fulfill his contractual obligations. What a fucking douche.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 pm 

Chus wrote:
The show is live today, which is rare for a Thursday. Howard starts the show by announcing that they will do Thursdays all month, as a big holiday bonus to his fans. Of course, the last day of live shows will be December 15th, not the 29th. Thirty minutes in, it comes out that he has to work these last three Thursdays to fulfill his contractual obligations. What a fucking douche.

When the show is done, Jon Hein will be able to start a new website.

www.multiplejoanriversappearances.com

It's sad because I used to listen to almost every minute. My "daily show" selection this week was KC's visit. Also sad, because I think he's Schizophrenic and will be dead in the next six months.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:36 pm 

I just watched the Artie Roast. Wow do I miss those days. Well, technically that was at night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:37 pm 

Who really give a crap about Sam Kinison anymore? That you're going to do a whole week on him?

I have not and will not listen to 1 second of that all week.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 pm 

Who really give a crap about Sam Kinison anymore? That you're going to do a whole week on him?

1 or 2 segments dedicated to Sam is more than enough for one week. When the shows are live again, you know the first hour will be full of phone calls saying how great the week was.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 pm 

Chus wrote:

1 or 2 segments dedicated to Sam is more than enough for one week. When the shows are live again, you know the first hour will be full of phone calls saying how great the week was.

My wife watches In Plain Sight. I was walking into the room right when Eric the Midget was on. I made her go back and rewatch the scene so I could see it. She thought I was crazy and I spent about 2 minutes explaining why I wanted to watch that scene. He was horrible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Chus wrote:

My wife watches In Plain Sight. I was walking into the room right when Eric the Midget was on. I made her go back and rewatch the scene so I could see it. She thought I was crazy and I spent about 2 minutes explaining why I wanted to watch that scene. He was horrible.

I need to be kept away from werewolves while on set.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:39 pm 

Chus wrote:

You mean Eric the Ack-Acktor.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:40 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

I need to be kept away from werewolves while on set.

Eric the Shit Cock wrote:
EEEEEHHHHHH.....werewolves of new mexico.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm 

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 am 

Debbie the pet lady is on the phone screaming for some reason. Time to PTFB. 10 minutes is all I can last anymore.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 am 

Now, he is down to a two day work week. When he is on the air, it's a four hour commercial for America's Got Talent.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:48 am 

Yeah, I was wrong about the AGT thing. I thought it might make him more interesting but I've just about given up on that show.

It's hardly ever on and I don't really care.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next