It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Waaah, Paul McCartney wouldn't sign a ticket stub for my spoiled JAP daughter, WAAAH! WAAAH, the guy from Duran Duran had better seats than me, WAAAH! Jesus Howard, change your fucking tampon. Then Queen Ophelia, the Narcissist of Cuntington, whined about being hustled out of the backstage area after the show. She said that now she knows what it felt like to be black in the 1940's or 50's. These two are so out of touch, it's ridiculous.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chus wrote:
Waaah, Paul McCartney would sign a ticket stub for my spoiled JAP daughter, WAAAH! WAAAH, the guy from Duran Duran had better seats than me, WAAAH! Jesus Howard, change your fucking tampon. Then Queen Ophelia, the Narcissist of Cuntington, whined about being hustled out of the backstage area after the show. She said that now she knows what it felt like to be black in the 1940's or 50's. These two are so out of touch, it's ridiculous.

My God, those 2 should just fucking marry each other already and get it over with. While Robin adds very little to the show, Howard is still the best interviewer in the biz, its just all the other fucking baggage you have to muddle through with him that grinds the show down.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 pm 

all i can say is i'm glad i never dropped the dough to pay for it. all the best stuff is put up on youtube and that's good enough for me.

it's sad that it's succumbed to this. but stick around long enough and you're bound to suck.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:37 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
W_Z wrote:
stick around long enough and you're bound to suck.

...as evidenced by our showing in the Poster of the Year contest.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 pm 

i think she's been doing that long before she joined this board...

... :drunken:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:35 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
so my nighttime ritual is to fall asleep listening to howard stern, then when i wake up it's still replaying or it's possibly on to the live one depending on how i feel. having spoiled a little bit of the first day back episode on SFN (sternfannetwork.com, aka the big bad semi-official howard stern board) i still decided to give the first show back a listen.

wow. as the rob zombie song started to fade howard shows up and says something like "here we go again... five more years...that alarm went off this morning and i thought i was done with this... but here i am" and robin is like "turn back the clock and start the countdown again" -- wow. just wow. it's supposedly all in jest, but still, when you're back from a few weeks of vacation and you've got a brand new deal for, reportedly, 5yr/$400mil you figure you'd get something better than this disingenuous joke crap... i mean there is always at least a modicum of truth when someone acts like that, which is a harbinger of things to come for these next five years.

deep down you know that howard views his 5yrs/$400mil as a slight and a "diss" because his original deal was reportedly 5yr/$500mil, and during his on-air campaigning/lobbying/bitching about resigning with sirius in november/early dec he was quite indignant when media would report that howard is likely to take a paycut... he saw the paycut insinuations as an insult and literally called himself sirius' personal jesus or something, being quite adamant that he wouldn't take a paycut.

and i mean, come the fuck on, he has to take a paycut. the whole "buzz" of "the revolution" is gone. they milked artie's addiction/personal-problems for content and sent him off to pasture, very likely never to return again a la billy west, jackie, and stuttering john... at least KC hatches up some story about sucking off a tranny to get back on the air and get his name out there again. but basically, in 2009 and especially 2010 the show was a sad caricature of what it once was and i know from the pulse of SFN that a bunch of people have stopped their subscriptions (getting rid of bubba has also done a smaller thing, however, some maintain bubba ran off for terrestrial radio in order to have a ratings grudgematch with MJ in tampa) and the show has obviously fallen off and the buzz is gone, the only relative buzz howard got last year was when friend-of-the-show david arquette called in over there in the wake of splitting up with courteney cox, so that made the tabloid tv shows. it's diminishing returns, so how can you break the bank or even offer up a raise when it's patently obvious that howard mailed in most of the last ~2+ years knowing that he maxed out his contract salary incentives and whatnot, and as he said last year in proper context "screw the fans!"

but yeah, i guess howard was adamant at ending this show at 10am (9am our time) and made sure to finish it a few mintues after, and then the wrapup show was promptly over at 11am. the fans see that as a slight cuz back in the day even though he was formally scheduled 6-10am EST he rarely, if ever ended at 10am... the only times he did he'd have an appointment or something else going on and he'd mention it. yeah, everyone else in the radio world has a set schedule like that, but when people are paying $120+/year mostly or exclusively to listen to your show, the whole concept that teh show ended when the show ended was a nice thing... it felt like the show went on because there was stuff to get done, and then the wrap up show had a bunch to talk about and rah rah rah.

howard boasted that this new contract has more "flexible" hours. you know. howard once famously said that any radio guys who don't work 5 days a week are screwing their fans, and of course by early-mid 2006 he was firmly entrenched at 4 days a week ("when you've done as much as i have in the business, you've earned the right") and by last year during his on air bemoaning the re-signing of a contract he was whining/bitching about having to work four days a week, as he eyed three days a week. hell, he was talking about possibly going to mid-days which would be fine, however as we all know here drive-time radio is where sirius is at a premium because they want to have the satellite radios in as many cars as possible.

so now he's going to wane everyone down to 3 days a week, collecting his 80 million a year, and having an attitude like "fuck sirius, they disrespected me by offering me less money"

the only thing i can think of is if the deal is for 400mil as opposed to 500mil, aka 80%, he'll work three days a week eventually because that's roughly 75% of his previous workweek. cool. we get 75% of the dancing with the stars, american idol, and horsefaced famewhore talk!

i know that the paradox is "why are you bitching about there being less of a show that you're making these giant tl;dr posts bitching about?" and basically like, as a kid i remember howard stern being that cool SNL type show that dad watched on saturday nights. sometimes i'd hear him in the car with dad and howard stern was like the forbidden apple to a kid my age. then by the time i was 18 i was driving down to UIC and catching howard's show and getting into it somewhat... and then out of the blue christmas 2005 my dad got me a sirius satellite radio and a yearlong subscription, and i was there listening to the first satellite radio shows which were yeah! and it was damn near appointment radio sometimes my little brother got into it and got his own sirius radios (he's gone through ~3 stilettos, which are utter pieces of horseshit) and in our family we had 3-4 subscriptions... but by ~spring-mid 2008 the show was starting to get "meh" and i let the subscription go.... and i only discovered the alternative means of hearing the show and by the time i started listening again in early-mid 2010, damn, it's just kind of a spectacle to see how a guy who put on a really damn good radio show for so many years has basically become everything he used to rip on incessantly back in his "it's me against the world" days.

as i've said ad nauseum in this thread, howard used to troll everyone except his audience... he was the people's troll, he'd have exciting/shocking/OMFG bits and segments and he used to be "that dude" seen as dirty and of ill repute in teh celeb-o-sphere. i mean, he doesn't even have a presence at red carpets asking celebrities !!!! questions anymore.... and why?

because now he wants to be loved... he wants to be a media darling and friends with all of the celebrities who he used to dissect and ridicule, and now he's basically apologized for trolling everyone and the only people he wouldn't troll, his audience, are the ones getting trolled. he "brought" us along to pay-per-listen-ville and promised a radio revolution and the future of radio broadcasting and while he had listener quotas to meet, indeed it was appointment radio. you literally couldn't wait to hear what was going on....

and now? well, i alternate between howard and bubba, and howard's mainly out of habit. i fall asleep listening to it. and like, when i put on the first show of the new contract and hear howard and robin bitching about having to be up early and robin literally saying "start the countdown again" that shows you where their heads are at.

basically, they're out of touch with their audience. they're both rich celebrities (or well, parasitic pseudocelebrity in the case of queen ophelia the narcissist of cuntington) and the only way they can relate to us anymore is talking about television... so now you get regaled with their stories of vacations (howard's describing his "not bad" hut that cost like $6500/night or /week or something) and the gunt's charities and expeditions to third world countries and like, even though artie was a celebrity he at least was a real person beneath it all... too real and too troubled to last on the show as it was. ah well, c'est la vie.

so here's to 5 years of howard realizing "hey i might as well make $400mil while i still can" cuz obviously he loves his money and his family will likely be right around billionaires by the time he's done, but even beyond the money he can satisfy his ego-driven need to babble (i'm throwing rocks in a glass house woo!) and you know robin's the same way i mean this radio show is what makes them relevant and celebrities, even tho the show is in a steady downward spiral cuz the guests have reverted to pre-privateparts-movie levels (and when they do show up it's howard psychoanalyzing them and asking about their dad/mom... i mean for fuck's sake he did that to gilbert! and i dont think comedians dare sit in on robin's news anymore! especially now that it seems like howard might be trying to get out as close to 10am as possible in order to stick it to sirius for the "slight" or well, the "non-raise" if/when he goes to 3 days/week.

ah well, i'll keep listening to see how much it sucks and talk shit... it's like they said in private parts when teh nbc execs were talking about listener demographics... the people who hate the show listen longer than those who like the show, cuz they can't wait to see what he does next. i'm in taht boat. it's like radio noir and the great tragedy of the death of one of the coolest radio shows ever continues.

the first ~45 mins of the show has been the quick bemoaning of the contract, robin talking about charity work in a third world country, howard giving us the incredibly boring details of his "not bad" $6500/night vacation spot in the tropics, and now howard and robin are talking about all of the movies they seen over the break. WHEEE!

anyways, i hear they bash jackie summore for being greedy as he was featured in the last history of howard stern stuff they played over the break. can't wait to hear that one! once you cross howard and "hurt" him and the show, you're shitlisted forever!

AND NOW I CAN SLEEP! YES! I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR WEEKS TO HEAR WHAT HOWARD AND ROBIN THINK ABOUT REX RYAN AND THE FOOT FETISH WOOO!!!!

at least idol season is starting soon. did you guys ever hear that howard stern was bandied about as a possible judge there? howard said he'd be the bestest judge ever and the only man who can save the show.... oh man it's going to be appointment radio!

oh and if you need to get a late christmas present for someone you forgot about, don't forget about giftscriptions! check 'em out here >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Y_v3FhGNc

# sir talkstoomuch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:19 pm 

the final piece will be when he is walking down a red carpet with Beth and some intern from some radio station asks him funny questions

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I thought Artie Lange died.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:09 am 

redskingreg wrote:
I thought Artie Lange died.

No, just his career.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:46 am 

here you go, much like this board i signed up for sternfannetwork in 2006, but only got around to making a post or two that was pruned throughout the years. lately i've been compelled to post there, so given my tendency to go off on late night ramblefests, i let one go over there in a thread about last night's SUPER FAN ROUNDTABLE.

the setup: mutt, the guy who owns/runs SFN, was essentially bought off by howard through being given the opportunity to host a weekly 1hr gabfest called "super fan round table." they take a handful of the show's caller-pseudocelebrities and sit them down and have them yenta it up about the show. clearly, howard was forward thinking with this... he figured if he gave a little something something to the guy who runs the #1 howard stern related internet board he could get some all-important sway with the guy, and therefore control some of the bile being spewed about him on the internet. case in point: a couple'a years ago artie got in a seemingly-IRL fight (most of the show is a work) with his assistant teddy, resulting in him swinging at him on air. that was on a thursday, so the show ended and the wrap up show went by without any real discussion of it (perhaps the only compelling evidence that it might've been a shoot). with superfan roundtable on that night, people assumed that since mutt isn't part of the HSS canon he'd be able to discuss it as a fan with the fans... but the show went by with nary a reference to the exchange... some people reported calling up and wanting to talk about it and being denied by the call-screeners.

hell, if that isn't enough at one point last year when the show was utter shit and the flies were out buzzing around it's fecal matter, mutt came out and made a thread saying "there's so many haters here and i'm sick of it. all of the haters can post in this thread and i'll go ahead and delete you because you have nothing to add to the conversation here" and sure enough, a bunch of people got deleted for being low-down-dirty-haters. and that's after he had done a similar thing about beth ~8-12 months prior to that. mutt often tries to tow the company line, namely cuz he's technically employed by sirius and tssradio.com, a big retailer of sirius radios, is a big ole sponsor of his sight. he has a vested interest in seeing the howard stern/sirius radio ventures go well, akin to comcast sportsnet and the chicago sports teams.

this time around he was having his thursday night superfanroundtable and he was boasting that tim sabean, aka the middle-mgmt yes-douche whose title is something like the "president" of the howard stern channels, was going to be on. with many questions surrounding artie, the bubba contract situation, and "wtf is up with these 'flexible hours'??" people would love to ask him questions, so in addition to being able to call in, mutt posted a thread asking for questions to ask tim sabean. suffice to say he got a shitload of them.

so the show went on and evidently mutt claimed there were some "comptuer issues" so four very vanilla non-feisty "calls" got through, and then he lobbed a bunch of softballs to tim sabean. rampant butthurtedness ensued. there's a couple threads of FUCK YOU aimed at both tim sabean and mutt, so in one of the tim sabean threads i saw a very douchey picture and in the spirit of psychoanalyzing someone, a very howard thing to do in interviews these days, i saw a picture of tim sabean and let loose.

meh. the picture of tim sabean doesn't work, so click here to be transported from one wordy not-worth-reading post to another

i brought da fire and da pashin, and i actually think i was 75% wittier than my average CSFMB post... what can i say, this is like playing in AAA norfolk and that's like playing in kauffman stadium =P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:18 pm 

I don't know who that guy is, but it isn't Tim Sabean.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:07 am 

...and the hits just keep on coming! SIRIUSly, the poor guy has to work *4* days a week for a paltry $80-100mil/year? jesus. look at this show listing and tell me that it's not really really hard to be Howard Stern.

* Howard Plays Some Audio Clips. 02/02/11. 6:00am
* Rosie’s Producer Talking About Howard Again. 02/02/11. 6:20am
* Howard’s Trouble Walking And Masturbating. 02/02/11. 6:25am
* Greg ”Jesus” Gordon Calls In. 02/02/11. 6:35am
* Howard’s Lunch Hassle. 02/02/11. 6:55am
* Howard Preparing To Tweet. 02/02/11. 7:10am
* Benjy Asks Lisa G Out. 02/02/11. 7:20am
* Howard Bumming About His Letterman Appearance Tomorrow. 02/02/11. 7:40am
* Howard And Piers Morgan. 02/02/11. 7:45am
* More Letterman Discussions. 02/02/11. 7:55am
* Dr. Laura Update. 02/02/11. 8:00am
* Sal And Richard’s Latest Jack And Rod Show Bit. 02/02/11. 8:05an
* Phone Calls, Email And More. 02/02/11. 8:15am
* Wrap Up Preview And Robin’s News. 02/02/11. 9:05am

MOVE OVER JEM, THE STERN SHOW IS EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!@

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:54 am 

well there's a chance howard gets shot by gary the genius right now...so you got that goin for you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:27 pm 

Gary the genius wrote:
Shoo shoo, retarded flu.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Howard Stern is giving a behind the scenes pbp of Private Parts on Twitter. It's currently running on one of the 72 HBO channels. I know most couldn't give a shit, but it's pretty cool. I'm going to check and see if I still have balls after announcing I joined Twitter today.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:21 pm 

i've read some of his tweets. the one where he was mimicking beetlejuice was kinda funny. but it's just so typical of him, first he hates twitter and makes fun of it then he joins it and now he loves it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 am 

check out today's show listing!

Back Live – Howard’s Tweeting Makes News. 02/22/11. 6:00am
* Grammy Discussions. 02/22/11. 6:25am
* Howard Enjoyed Justin Bieber Movie. 02/22/11. 6:40am
* Billy Ray Cyrus Cancels, FOX News Chicks Turn Howard On. 02/22/11. 6:55am
* Steve Langford’s News Preview And JD’s Intervention. 02/22/11. 7:05am
* Is Beetlejuice A One Hit Wonder Or Does He Have Another Hit Song? 02/22/11. 7:50am
* Howard’s Sexual Frenzy. 02/22/11. 8:00am
* Chris Rock, Glenn Beck, Ted Nugent, Celebrity Superfan And More. 02/22/11. 8:10am
* Arquette On Oprah And More Grammy Talk. 02/22/11. 8:25am
* Bill Murray Calls In. 02/22/11. 8:40am
* Robin’s News. 02/22/11. 9:35am

ALLOW ME TO REPEAT SOMETHING
* Howard Enjoyed Justin Bieber Movie. 02/22/11. 6:40am

yes, according to this howard spent 15 minutes talking about how much he enjoyed the justin bieber movie. if howard was trying to tell us something with all of the american idol and dancing with the stars talk combined with his calling people "a man's man" and all that, i think it's flagrantly obvious that this guy is old bald and gay.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I've generally enjoyed the show the past few years, moreso when Artie was still there. But, even still, it's been alright.

But, since the new year and the new contract, it's just bad. It's down at least an hour plus of showtime. Plus, there seems to be twice as many commercial breaks. And, for content, they are just rolling out the WhackPacker of the day - some of them so old I don't even know who they are. Plus, they have this new one, I think she's new, Debbie the Pet Lady who is just the absolutely most annoying person in the history of radio. I literally can't listen to her. I have to turn off the station. She's a cross between Maryanne from Brooklyn and an angry, profanity-loving sailor. Every word out of her mouth is an unintelligible swear word at full volume.

They need to lose her fast and get an outside party to pump some new life and creativity into that show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:03 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Plus, there seems to be twice as many commercial breaks.

I thought Sirius doesn't have commercials? Now I understand that Howard might need to take a leak sometime during the show, but couldn't they just spin a song, or play a bit to cover that time?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:06 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Plus, there seems to be twice as many commercial breaks.

I thought Sirius doesn't have commercials? Now I understand that Howard might need to take a leak sometime during the show, but couldn't they just spin a song, or play a bit to cover that time?

No. Howard's station has commercials (gotta pay for that $500 million contract). But, it used to be about 45-60 minutes or so of show and then a 10 minute commercial break which was nice because, if you hit it right, you could get about a whole segment in the car commercial-free. Now, it's almost like regular radio with 15-20 minutes of show and a break, albeit a shorter one. I prefer the old way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:44 pm 

Plus, they have this new one, I think she's new, Debbie the Pet Lady who is just the absolutely most annoying person in the history of radio. I literally can't listen to her. I have to turn off the station. She's a cross between Maryanne from Brooklyn and an angry, profanity-loving sailor. Every word out of her mouth is an unintelligible swear word at full volume.

Ronnie Mund wrote:
Topless.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:30 pm 

T-O-P-L-E-S-S

Yeah, that's pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 pm 

I've generally enjoyed the show the past few years, moreso when Artie was still there. But, even still, it's been alright.

But, since the new year and the new contract, it's just bad. It's down at least an hour plus of showtime. Plus, there seems to be twice as many commercial breaks. And, for content, they are just rolling out the WhackPacker of the day - some of them so old I don't even know who they are. Plus, they have this new one, I think she's new, Debbie the Pet Lady who is just the absolutely most annoying person in the history of radio. I literally can't listen to her. I have to turn off the station. She's a cross between Maryanne from Brooklyn and an angry, profanity-loving sailor. Every word out of her mouth is an unintelligible swear word at full volume.

They need to lose her fast and get an outside party to pump some new life and creativity into that show.

My stance on the show is almost identical Dr. Ken. I didn't even listen to the Pet Lady interview. Outside of previously mentioned exceptions, i.e. Joan Rivers, Jeff the Vomit Guy, I tried to listen to as much of this show since the move to Sirius. The absence of Artie last year definitely hurt. However, the new contract shows have just not been very interesting.

The length of the show changing didn't bother me. The problem is the structure. The best part with the satellite shows, in my opinion, was the lack of set schedule. It provided more time for various topics. There's so much interest in getting out on time, it loses the randomness. Oh, I can't give you my dad's thoughts on Libya today. We have Kathy Griffen coming in again.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:51 pm 

the guests haven't been stellar since sheen was on; but i did enjoy the pornstar pageant.

i still like the prank calls, and robin's news is always a good listen in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:15 am 

My wife and I both purchased lifetime subscriptions to Sirius in December 2005, just before the big move. We were both fans for years, but neither of us listen all that much anymore. We hardly listen to Stern that is, we both still very much enjoy the music channels. We used to have Howard TV, but canceled it two years ago. We are already paying for a radio show that we barely consume, why should we pay for a TV show that we don't watch? Howie brags about all of the "original programming" on the channel. The Show in the Hall, stripper bowling, that crappy reality show with Beetlejuice? Give me a fucking break. I've been sour (not my shoes) on the show since about six months into the Sirius (No more bullshit, my ass) era. Once Howard fulfilled his promotional obligations, and sold all of his Sirius stock (smart move on his part), he just hasn't put any energy into the show, and it shows. Anything else Robin? Artie was an absolute train wreck at the end. It did give Howard something to talk about without having to do any show preparation. Hey look, Artie is a fat, heroin addict. Artie just called in sick again (Gar....it's Art *cough cough*). Artie fell asleep. Artie is eating a plate full of pancakes, Devil Dogs by the box, and drinking Hawaiian Punch by the gallon. Artie tried to fight Teddy. Jeezus, did it get old. Now that Artie is gone, Howard relies too much on Sal and Richard, and their lame bits and phony phone calls. Jack and Rod...the tradio calls....Hi, this is Ethel....Hey, we will run into the studio, and drop our pants, so everyone can check out our tiny peckers. Everything has been done ad nauseam, and I find myself PTFB quite often. I love all of the planted phone calls, telling Howard how great he is. There was one this morning. Sal, who is obsessed with race, has a very unhealthy sexual appetite, and frequently brings odd pornography to Howard's attention. One of his favorite themes is black guys, often a group, banging a white girl. The premise of the clip from today, is that a guy loses money with a bookie, and two huge black guys show up at his house to collect $1000. Of course, he can't pay, so his mom pays with her ass. Howie plays a couple minutes of the audio, and everyone laughs as if it's the funniest thing they have ever heard. Of course, just as I predicted (I don't always talk to myself), they put through a caller who said it was so funny, that he almost drove off the road, and what a genius Stern is. At least he stopped spending an hour per day bashing Jay Leno.

He signed a new deal for three reasons. The first one is that he loves money. He is neurotic, and the huge contract feeds his ego. He certainly doesn't need the money, as evidenced by his mansion in the Hamptons, and his two level, Manhattan apartment (which is ONLY 4000 sq ft, as he says) . The second is to be a promotional vehicle for the career of his wife, and her scary talents. The wife, who we were told, didn't want to be famous. The wife, who is so perfect, she doesn't even take a shit. The wife, who is a saint because she saves retarded birds. He likes to claim that she had her own career and has her own money, but what did she do before she hooked up with Hampton's Howie? I think she modeled pajamas in Ames ads. She gets some work on TV now, but that is because Howie will promote it on his show, and many of his brain dead fans will consume any crap he suggests, due to their blind devotion. The third reason ties into the second reason. Beth loves attending black tie, celebrity laden, charity events (mostly for animals), where she networks her next gigs. Howard used to make fun of Tyra Banks until she gave Beth a job. There are tons of celebrities that Howard used to rip, and deservedly, but now he is nice to them because his wife wants to continue attending the same events as they do. Beth's big thing is the NSAL (North Shore Animal League), which is a no-kill animal shelter. I saw a website that showed all of the animal charities in New York State, and the NSAL ranked last as far as how much money actually went to the cause. They ranked last, because the CEO had a salary of $700,000, and a ton of money went to throwing red carpet parties. Howard constantly tells his fans to adopt pets from the NSAL, but they got a purebred bulldog from a breeder. Do as I say, not as I do. I know plenty of people who do charity work, but they don't get pats on the back, for all to see.

As far as the content is concerned, you could not be more spot on, good Doc. The show has become so lazy. Insert wackpacker here, Ronnie's strip club exploits, JD the mumble mouth, wow is Miss Howard TV hot....when does it stop? Ronnie doesn't understand that because Howard promotes these strip clubs, the managers make sure the girls are nice to Ronnie, so the promotion continues. The short, ugly, sixty something year old man actually thinks these strippers are into him. There is nothing funny about a sixty year old man who frequently yells, "Let's fuck some whores!", especially at inappropriate times, like weddings. As I type this, surprise surprise, Debbie the Pet Lady is back on the air crying, and Ronnie is asking her to get t0pless again.

It wouldn't bother me so much, if he wasn't still trying to create the illusion that he is working so hard. Any long time listener can see that this is not the case. Howard and Robin have become the out of touch, Manhattan elitists, that they once mocked.

Sadly, I doubt this will happen for two main reasons. First, someone sitting in the "Artie" chair would cost money. Howard throws around nickels like manhole covers. Second, someone like Jackie would call them out on all of their bullshit. Like Robin and her green drink and enemas. She spent 55 years being disgustingly overweight, and now after her latest celebrity weight loss fad has caused her to shed some pounds, she lectures others on what they should do. Robin, not everyone can afford to fly to California for a $10k "cleansing weekend". By the way, Robin is getting fat again. Not that she ever got thin, but they sure carried on like she did. Just because she no longer resembles a nose tackle, doesn't make her hot.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:42 am 

Sirius XM Radio Sued by Howard Stern’s Production Company for Stock Awards

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-2 ... mpany.html

If you thought he was on cruise control before, just wait.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 am 

Just look at yesterday's show and tell me what makes you go "OOH I WANNA HEAR THAT"

* Email And Ronnie On Wrap Up Discussions. 03/22/11. 6:00am
* ‘Black On Black’ Feedback. 03/22/11. 6:20am
* Howard’s Dinner And More. 03/22/11. 6:30am
* Howard’s 3 Day Work Week Starting In A Few Months. 03/22/11. 6:35am
* King Of All Blacks Calls In. 03/22/11. 6:45am
* Steve Langford’s News Preview. 03/22/11. 7:05am
* Sal And Richard At The Airport. 03/22/11. 7:15am
* Penthouse Pet Nikki Benz Visits. 03/22/11. 7:30am
* World’s Saddest Listener Contest. 03/22/11. 8:05am
* Wrap Up Show Preview And More. 03/22/11. 8:55am
* Robin’s News. 03/22/11. 9:10am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:16 pm 

Anybody that would like to get an Artie Lange fix, download the 7/6 broadcast of The Tony Bruno Show on Fox Radio. Artie and NiDipaolo co-hosted 3 hours. I've only heard a portion but it sticks mainly to sports. Although, at one point, Artie did express how great it would be to return to The Howard Stern Show.

For some reason, the podcast isn't on the Fox site but if you do a search through iTunes, it's there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:52 pm 

I saw the show referenced in another thread and felt compelled to bump. I haven't listened in months. Due to issues loading the shows, Comcast still provides me HTV for free. However, I rarely watch it. One year ago, I used to try to listen to every show. Now, I don't even have Sirius.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:52 pm 

You're not missing much. He's been on vacation pretty much all summer.

And, when he is there, he's cut about an hour off the show and does 3 days a week half the time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next