It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ESPN'S Stuart Scott
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
ESPN anchor Stuart Scott will undergo chemotherapy and other preventative treatments after doctors recently discovered and removed cancerous tissue.

Scott, who anchors SportsCenter, NBA Countdown, and portions of Monday Night Countdown, will attempt to "maintain as normal a work schedule" as possible while undergoing treatment.

He will not be on-air for Sunday's NBA Countdown pregame show on ABC, which will be hosted by Hannah Storm.

"Once again, I join the fight," Scott said in an ESPN statement, "and like 3 years ago, I plan to beat this thing."

Scott announced he would undergo chemotherapy in late 2007, following the removal of cancerous tissue surrounding his appendix.

Post subject: Re: ESPN'S Stuart Scott
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Get well and please take all, and I mean all, the time you need off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 pm 

I find him to be a talentless national personality, but I hope for a speedy recovery and all the best for him and his family. This disease is the worst possible shit, wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
After Stuart Scott beat cancer the first time it has come back again.

Blessed by prayers..I'm back in the Fight. C reared its head again. Chemo evry 2 wks but I'll still work, still work out..still #LIVESTRONG"

Amid tweets of sympathy from followers, including Robert Griffin III and Jason Taylor, Scott remained upbeat. "Thanks for prayers..ill fight w ALL C survivors & loved ones. Cancer wants to re-appear..picked the right guy cuz I HIT HARD all day long!!" He gave his followers a look inside his routine: "Here's what I do right aftr chemo. Leave the infusion center & go STRAIGHT 2 either do a p90x wkout or train MMA..THATS how you #LIVESTRONG"

According to Touched By Cancer magazine, Scott first took ill in 2007 while at a Monday Night Football game. An emergency appendectomy revealed the presence of appendiceal cancer. After six months of chemo, Scott was cancer-free until early 2011. At that time, doctors discovered that malignant tumors had developed on his small intestine. More surgery and chemotherapy treated the cancer, but it has apparently returned again.

“Cancer sucks, and the effects of chemotherapy suck, and you’re going to feel like crap sometimes,” he said last year. “But you’re going to feel like that whether you’re lying in bed or going to work or working out, so you might as well go out there and live your life. If you believe you’re not being touched by this, then it’s much better."

He continued: “I love my job. Those of us who do what we do, we’re blessed. Being on when you don’t feel well is not the challenge. I love writing. I love creating our shows every night. And by the time it’s time to go on, you’re charged. And when you’re going through something like this, going to work helps. Having that energy helps. Having a positive mindset helps

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Oh no, I spy with my hyperactive eye a litany of #LIVESTRONG references, which is perfectly timed with Lance's calculated move to confess guilt and try to salvage his image, likely on the back of #LIVESTRONG. Where's Bernstein to tell us how to feel on this one?

For me, I honestly can't give a fuck.about whether or not ol one nut juiced a nut away in order to get all prepared to win a drug addled race. I don't care if people shaved years off their life to armor up to hit baseballs hard... or get strong enough to run through a wall on the football field. What I DON'T condone is someonw like lance, a god amongst us mere mortals (ask him) using the truth as a strategic card to play in order to continue his aims. Idk how much % of LIVESTRONG swag goes to cancer, and yes we all know cancer sucks its affected someone we know and anything that helps, even if its shallow and baseless, is a good thing...

BUT STILL, you know that lance is patronizing us with this, and since ESPN is in the marketing biz the timing of stu scott's announcement peppered with #LIVESTRONG hooey smacks of editorializing from my perspective. That's bull.

Obviously i hope he gets better, just without using his condition as a means for sports marketing work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:53 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Sini, I think you missed the mark on this one. From everything I could read, he was sharing his personal story without trying to play it up for a MNF gig or NBA thing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's

...is still dead.