It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All Star Game - Joe Buck
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

An early 'Who You Crappin' to Joe Buck...

Buck says, "You can argue, and it's been argued, about whether the winning league should have home field advantage by winning the all-star game, but both managers are treating this game like they would Game 7 of the World Series."

Did Buck not hear Garner's pre-game speech where he told the players that there would be no signs, to steal when you feel like it, this game is for you to do with as you please ??????

No to mention, if this were a Game 7, I don't think you'd be rotating pitchers and positional players...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

No kidding. If it's like game seven of the World Series does Pulhos come out of the game. I think not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Also, Tim McCarver said that the American League hasn't lost the World Series since the All-Star game went to the "winning league get's home field advantage" format...wasn't the first year this thing happened in 2003, when the Florida Marlins beat the Yankees for the World Series title...i may be wrong, but i'm not on TV :lol:

*edit*

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside ... r_classic/

yeah, i was right. Tim McCarver, yer an idiot....i hate you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

You are correct that was 2003 at the Cell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Forgive me for maybe already bringing up a discussion that has probably been talked about most of the past 4 years, but here goes:

Am I completely wrong here in thinking that if you are going to give home field advantage in the World Series to the team who wins the All-Star game, then you need to only have the best STATISTICAL players of the season play in that game? Better yet, why not only choose players from the 1st and 2nd place teams in each division?

It seems to me that if you have only players whom the fans vote in, then you are creating a conflict of interest in what the game's outcome really means.

It just makes more sense to have the best players of the season compete to designate home field advantage in the biggest games of the year, and not just the players that have noticible names.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:06 pm 

MORE JOE BUCK. WHY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYY????????

-----------------------------
By Paul J. Gough

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - With one fell swoop Tuesday, Fox Broadcasting managed to alleviate some of the scheduling pressure surrounding the postseason baseball that dominates its slate in October.

Fox and Turner Broadcasting emerged the victors for much of the postseason baseball package, which was announced Tuesday at PNC Park in Pittsburgh, the site of Tuesday's All-Star Game.

Fox has retained the rights to the World Series and one League Championship Series for seven more years. It also upped its commitment to regular-season baseball with 26 weeks of Saturday afternoons compared with the current 18 weeks that start in May. Turner will trade the Atlanta Braves telecasts it has had on TBS for decades for a national package that next year will make it the exclusive home of both Divisional Series, In 2008 it will carve out a regular-season Sunday afternoon game every week of the season.

Financial terms were not disclosed, but sources said Fox will pay an average of $250 million a year for the seven-year deal, down from the $417 million a year it has been paying. Turner will pay $120 million a year, sources said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Neither of them has a shred of integrity. They're nothing but paid puppets shilling for Bud, Ed Goren, and FOX sports. B&B just spent 15 minutes rightfully slamming them and their broadcast last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Coach Crapowski wrote:
Quote:
You are correct that was 2003 at the Cell.

... on a Blalock HR off Gagne.

... which was the only save Gagne blew that year.