It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Big Fat Boomer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza, Downers Grove
Am I the only person who feels a bit short changed and ripped off when you tune into the biggest sporting events of the year to see the bloated, comb-overed, fat guy in a little coat Chris Berman throwing his uninformed schtick into every facet of the broadcast?

From the All Star Game to the U.S. Open to the Super Bowl and everything in between, he is invisible (and he should be) every other daily game and average day of the year—but like Punxsutawney Phil, he pokes his roly poly, bad sport-coat covered ass out into the daylight just long enough for me to realize that the ESPN management still has no idea what their audience wants to consume. He's a cartoon of contemporary sportscasters, and is embarrassing to watch.

I hate him and everything he has to say, and I get really agitated every time I hear his over-the-top delivery on ho-hum sporting news. I'll be thrilled to hear the news when Espin has let this tub of goo roll on his merry way.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I don't know if I would sya I feel "ripped off", because I'm really not paying anything more than the cost of cable to watch the game, but I suppose I see your point. I would much rather see someone else do the biggest games of the year, but it could be worse. They could give us Jon Miller and Joe Morgan instead. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I couldn't agree with you more Hawkism. I had to wrap my television in kevlar(sp?) out of fear I was going to shoot it any second during the Sox/Red Sox series last year. He is a bloated, Bozo the Clown-haired, annoying gasbag. I fucking hate him, his stupid fucking nicknames, and his hackneyed catchphrases. Hey Chris, back-back-back the f*ck off of my screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza, Downers Grove
Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more Hawkism. I had to wrap my television in kevlar(sp?) out of fear I was going to shoot it any second during the Sox/Red Sox series last year. He is a bloated, Bozo the Clown-haired, annoying gasbag. I fucking hate him, his stupid fucking nicknames, and his hackneyed catchphrases. Hey Chris, back-back-back the f*ck off of my screen.

That right there is exactly what I feel every time his voice spills over my TV.

What IS wrong with his hair now, too? Yick.