It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ESPY AWARDS-BEST TEAM?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
I dont watch this garbage but I heard coming in this morning that best team award went to the Pitt Steelers?? Is this is joke or what?? I am a lifelong Cub fan but even I know the best team in 2005 was the Chicago White Sox. They led the division all year and lost 1 freakin game in the playoffs. The Steelers didnt even win their divsion in the regular season. Great run in the playoffs to win it all but cmon folks. Once again the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network shows its bias toward eastern teams.

Post subject: correct
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:45 pm 

the only team that could compete was texas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

In defense of ESPN it wasn't a panel of Bristol ass holes deciding this crap. It was all on fans voting. My suggestion is for you not to care. This is all made for TV bullshit that means nothing. I tuned in for the opening monelogue and quickly changed the channnel. It's just pointless TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

It wasn't even live, meaning that ESPN considers it pointless themselves. I guess ESPN figured it would get higher ratings than their alternative programming, the World Series Grand Slam of Vegas Poker XXVVII. Just another example of ESPN as the irrelevant network. As Mr. Reason pointed out once (where is Mr. Reason by the way), ESPN tv networks are good for live games. Period.