It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Albert & Pinella
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Can you name two more irritating voices to listen to broadcast a game? My god both of their voices are so damn annoying. Albert sounds like he's choking back vomit, and Pinella's next insightful thought will be his first.

Post subject: Re: Albert & Pinella
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

A7X wrote:
Can you name two more irritating voices to listen to broadcast a game? My god both of their voices are so damn annoying. Albert sounds like he's choking back vomit, and Pinella's next insightful thought will be his first.

Pinella only works with a 3 man booth, but he was right on today on a few points...

Buerhle pitching well for the first 4 or so innings, but Pinella pointed out on a few occasions that he was getting his pitches up again, and falling behind in the count.

He also wondered out loud whether the White Sox would try the squeeze play with Uribe batting, and Crede on 3B...Sure enough, the Tigers were thinking the same thing, and they nailed it.

Overall, not a great voice, sometimes you have to push him to say something/add insight, but I think he was better today than on previous Saturday afternoon's...

Of course, the one comment he made about having Podsednik in Seattle, saying he could play all 3 OF postions made me cringe at that thought, and then talking about Ivan Rodriguez being in great shape, and never mentioning the steriod allegations was interesting as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pinella also said that Leyland had Ivan Rodriguez in Flordia and won a World Series with him. Wrong!! Irod wan't there for Leylands World Series in the mid 90's he was there for the 2003 title with Jack McKeon.