It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sirius NFL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
I've been listening to alot of "Opening Drive" and "Afternoon Blitz" on Sirius NFL radio (when I'm not listening to MJH!). Do you know these guys like Adam Schein, Brian Papa, and Randy Cross? They've been teaming up with Daryl "Moose" Johnston and even Jerry Rice has recently done some shows. They have been excellent... haven't heard radio done this well in an awful long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

I hear you Mud. I listen to football shows on XM, but have similar reactions as you are getting with Sirius. On XM, Chris Meyers, Steve Szaban and Tim Brando provide a lot of info and interviews on the NFL and college foots. It's great to have radio personalities that entertain by providing football information, compared to the Chicago shows that try so hard to entertain and so little to inform. It's also refreshing to hear about NFL and college foots for the better part of a show rather than so much damn baseball every freaking hour. At any rate, it's nice to have options.

Randy Cross is a former 49er who has been doing NFL games on one of the networks for years. Schein is a regular host on WFAN in New York. Can't help you with Papa. That's a new one on me.