It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Since 2009, he's been all over NBC Sports' coverage of the NFL, not only on "Football Night in America" before "Sunday Night Football", but also at halftime of Notre Dame football broadcasts Saturday afternoons during the college season. He's also sat in from time to time for fellow NBC teammate Dan Patrick on his syndicated sports talk & TV radio show, airing on DIRECTV's Audience Network & FOX Sports Net regionals from 8-11A (CT) weekday mornings, in addition to guesting on Dan's show from time to time. He's also a regular Wednesday morning guest at 10A with 670 The SCORE's "McNeil/Spiegel Show". Now, the man behind ProFootballTalk.com is expanding his brand big time.

Starting Tuesday, ProFootballTalk.com founder Mike Florio will be seen every weekday on NBC Sports Network, DIRECTV 603, with a brand new show. "Pro Football Talk", the video version of Florio's popular NFL news & information Website will air every weekday at 4P with a full hour of updated news, injuries, officiating issues & fantasy talk from around the league. Florio, who started the Website in 2001, will co-host the new show with "NBC Sports Talk" host Erik Kuselias. The guys will be joined by NBC Sports' lineup of football analysts such as Rodney Harrison, Doug Flutie, Ross Tucker, Amani Toomer, Sports Illustrated's Peter King & the newest member of the NFL/NBC Sports' team, 2-time just retired Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers' wide receiver Hines Ward. The new hourlong show on NBCSN is a compliment to "PFT Live", a daily online talk show Florio already hosts weekdays at 11A on NBCSports.com.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Will the show be a hacky combination of racial coding, owner fellating, and TMZ-style rumor-mongering, or will it be different from the website?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:17 am 

No, I don't think they'll go TMZ-like. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for "TMZ on TV's" daily "Morning Meeting" which is what we see everyday on FOX32 twice a day...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:
No, I don't think they'll go TMZ-like. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for "TMZ on TV's" daily "Morning Meeting" which is what we see everyday on FOX32 twice a day...

SHARK

If we see it everyday on Fox, isn't that like already being a fly on the wall?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:24 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

SHARK

I didn't see it that way. I was trying to "white board" it for those that didn't understand what I was referring. "White board" like those UPS commercials from a year or two ago...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:26 am 

SHARK wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

SHARK

I didn't see it that way. I was trying to "white board" it for those that didn't understand what I was referring. "White board" like those UPS commercials from a year or two ago...

SHARK

Those commercials were terrible. Use your words to paint a picture, if you will.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

SHARK

SHARK

Those commercials were terrible. Use your words to paint a picture, if you will.

On this board? Absolutely. Sometimes, words aren't enough to explain.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:37 am 

SHARK wrote:
On this board? Absolutely. Sometimes, words aren't enough to explain.

That's because when you're dealing with Keeping Score, you have to use really small words.