It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Peter King has unveiled his own football specific website The Monday Morning Quarterback (http://mmqb.si.com/).

Peter King kind of sucks so I don't have great expectations for his website. Unfortunately, he sounds like a tool in his 1st article explaining his vision of MMQB:

Quote:
We’ll be the thinking person’s site for pro football.

The NFL is a hard league to cover, if you’re in the enlightenment business.

The site will probably be a decent time killer when I need 5-10 minutes to clear the head at work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:14 am 

I prefer Gregg Easterbrook's Tuesday Morning Quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I think I think I won't read this new site.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Peter King is an assbag. I'm surprised he doesn't work for ESPN quite honestly. He fits their world view of assbags.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I've been reading MMQ for years and it is pretty good overall. King is alright I guess. I kind of
equate him to the Michael Wilbon of the NFL except slightly less name dropping. He comes up with
a few nuggets a year and is obviously connected throughout the league. I really don't think he needed
his own site.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
T-Bone wrote:
I've been reading MMQ for years and it is pretty good overall. King is alright I guess. I kind of
equate him to the Michael Wilbon of the NFL except slightly less name dropping. He comes up with
a few nuggets a year and is obviously connected throughout the league. I really don't think he needed
his own site.

I just remember him devoting a lot of column space to his new I pod and what a great invention it was and how this could revolutionize music. And this is in 2009 or 10.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
hootmon wrote:
I just remember him devoting a lot of column space to his new I pod and what a great invention it was and how this could revolutionize music. And this is in 2009 or 10.

So was he wrong? :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Disappointed at first blush.

Lots of glitz, content....meh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:16 am 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
hootmon wrote:

So was he wrong? :wink:

He was a tad bit late to the party.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:03 am 

I've actually been pleasantly surprised how good the website has been. Never heard of Andy Benoit but his team previews have been pretty good. There's a smidge of out-of-town stupid but otherwise they're detailed and informative. The articles written by players were a very enjoyable read (Even the blowhard Kluwe's). They've miscast Greg Bedard by having him write 3 Question and 10 Things I think articles. He actually has football thoughts unlike Peter King. The 3Q garbage and 10 things article should be King exclusive. His contributions have the weakest shit of the website. His shit has been awful fluff trash.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I prefer Captain Hindsight and his associates, shoulda, coulda, and woulda.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Kirkwood wrote:
I've actually been pleasantly surprised how good the website has been. Never heard of Andy Benoit but his team previews have been pretty good. There's a smidge of out-of-town stupid but otherwise they're detailed and informative. The articles written by players were a very enjoyable read (Even the blowhard Kluwe's). They've miscast Greg Bedard by having him write 3 Question and 10 Things I think articles. He actually has football thoughts unlike Peter King. The 3Q garbage and 10 things article should be King exclusive. His contributions have the weakest shit of the website. His shit has been awful fluff trash.

Agreed. King is an abortion but the website is pretty decent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:21 am 

Peter King is the best:
Quote:
Offensive rookie of the year? This morning, it’s Chicago guard Kyle Long. The human sack machine, Jay Cutler, has been sacked three times in three games.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:07 am 

Quote:
7. I think there are so many teams that could use Cleveland wideout Josh Gordon, so many receiver-needy contenders, and with the trade deadline coming Tuesday, he’s the most obvious candidate to be moved. Gordon, who is signed through 2014, will cost an acquiring team only $437,000 for the rest of the season (as opposed to, say, looming free-agent defensive end Jared Allen, who would cost $7.57 million to a team for the last nine weeks of the year). I realize Gordon could be a positive substance test away from a lengthy suspension, but if I’m the Patriots, and I still have my full load of 2014 picks, I’d offer Cleveland a fourth-round pick that could conditionally upgrade to a third- depending on performance and try to get Gordon.

He might be the stupidest fucking football writer in America. Incredible that's he gotten to where he's at professionally.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:
7. I think there are so many teams that could use Cleveland wideout Josh Gordon, so many receiver-needy contenders, and with the trade deadline coming Tuesday, he’s the most obvious candidate to be moved. Gordon, who is signed through 2014, will cost an acquiring team only $437,000 for the rest of the season (as opposed to, say, looming free-agent defensive end Jared Allen, who would cost $7.57 million to a team for the last nine weeks of the year). I realize Gordon could be a positive substance test away from a lengthy suspension, but if I’m the Patriots, and I still have my full load of 2014 picks, I’d offer Cleveland a fourth-round pick that could conditionally upgrade to a third- depending on performance and try to get Gordon.

He might be the stupidest fucking football writer in America. Incredible that's he gotten to where he's at professionally.

Forget a WR, could NE use a new...QB? Weird to say it, but he's been brutal this season, with and without Amendola. Read something about a hand injury, which would help explain things, but the offense has been substandard to say the least.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am 

Peter King wrote:
2. Thought I’d have a chance to try one of the autumnal Michigan brews during a meal stop at Ruby Tuesday’s in Grand Rapids. Bell’s Brewery, maybe, from nearby Kalamazoo; the Winter White or the Octoberfest, maybe. Nope. Largely chain beer, except for one Brooklyn selection. There’s a thriving Michigan beer culture, and none of it here. Why, Ruby Tuesday’s? Why?

You're at a fucking Ruby Tuesday you dipshit. Of all the locations in Grand Rapids to eat why would you choose a shitty Ruby Tuesday? Honestly, how the fuck did this guy get so far in life?

Oh, and his brilliant Pats should..maybe part with a 4th for Josh Gordon is looking even more realistic with each passing Sunday. He's SI's NFL expert. What. the. fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:
Peter King wrote:
2. Thought I’d have a chance to try one of the autumnal Michigan brews during a meal stop at Ruby Tuesday’s in Grand Rapids. Bell’s Brewery, maybe, from nearby Kalamazoo; the Winter White or the Octoberfest, maybe. Nope. Largely chain beer, except for one Brooklyn selection. There’s a thriving Michigan beer culture, and none of it here. Why, Ruby Tuesday’s? Why?

You're at a fucking Ruby Tuesday you dipshit. Of all the locations in Grand Rapids to eat why would you choose a shitty Ruby Tuesday? Honestly, how the fuck did this guy get so far in life?

Oh, and his brilliant Pats should..maybe part with a 4th for Josh Gordon is looking even more realistic with each passing Sunday. He's SI's NFL expert. What. the. fuck.

Peter King is a good guy, and used to be a must read for me. Until this year. He's developed Mike North Syndrome. Bad ideas about sports interwoven with his political ideas which I give not a shit about. He has started to become his own biggest fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Kirkwood wrote:
Peter King is the best:
Quote:
Offensive rookie of the year? This morning, it’s Chicago guard Kyle Long. The human sack machine, Jay Cutler, has been sacked three times in three games.

sack machiiiine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:00 am 

Peter King wrote:
Well, if you went to bed at halftime, when Denver led New England 24-0, you missed:

-The name “Peter” (no relation) playing a huge role in the outcome.

Oh. my. God. Seriously!?!?!?!

Peter King wrote:
Josh Gordon, wide receiver, Cleveland. He had the best individual day in the league—14 catches, 237 yards, one touchdown—in a 27-11 loss to Pittsburgh (but I won’t penalize him for a coverage off-day by Joe Haden). The Browns have to be thrilled they didn’t get serious with any of the teams that inquired about Gordon before the trade deadline.

This is a 22 year old guy making $437K with Weeden/Campbell/Hoyer as his QB that King thought the Pats trade a 4th rounder or maaaayyybbbeee a 3rd.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:50 am 

Peter King wrote:
Ten Things I Think I Think

1. I think this is what I liked about Week 13:

f. Julius Peppers is a hard day’s work for any offensive lineman, and Sunday in Minnesota was no different.

g. Three sacks on the Vikings’ first three possessions for the Bears, who will not exit contention quietly.

Uuuuhhhh what? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Peter King stopped being good 3 years ago. There are days I question whether he was the one that really had the stroke instead of Paul Zimmerman.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:39 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

Back-to-back 200 yard games for Josh Gordon. Nabbed 10 rec 261 yards 2 tds with Brandon Weeden.

On pace if he could've played 16 games for 102 rec 1,998 yds and 11 tds.

Maybe worth a 3rd rounder to the Browns. But it would've been a sacred Patriots 3rd rounder so totally worth it. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kirkwood wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

Back-to-back 200 yard games for Josh Gordon. Nabbed 10 rec 261 yards 2 tds with Brandon Weeden.

Maybe worth a 3rd rounder to the Browns. But it would've been a sacred Patriots 3rd rounder so totally worth it. :lol:

Doesn't that mean he was right at the time? In the offseason it will cost you a #1 or #2.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:47 am 

Nas wrote:
Doesn't that mean he was right at the time? In the offseason it will cost you a #1 or #2.

No. The Browns were asking for much more. King lives in a fantasy world where teams should be doing the Patriots favors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:51 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kirkwood wrote:
Nas wrote:

No. The Browns were asking for much more. King lives in a fantasy world where teams should be doing the Patriots favors.

Gotcha.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:11 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

Gordon against Talib: 7 rec 151 yards 1TD and 1 rush for 34 yards

Dammit, why didn't the Browns pull the trigger King's imaginary deal? They could've gotten the Patriots 3rd round pick!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:51 am 

This might be King's most unintentionally hilarious MMQB ever. Looking foward to KSK destroying this piece. A sample of his many insightful observations:

Quote:
5. I think one of the quirky things I heard here was in Calgary, where the Stamps play “Sweet Caroline” just the way it’s played at Fenway Park, shutting down the “so good, so good, so good” so the fans can take it away. They were good at it too.

What a challenging song to master! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:44 am 

Quote:
Chip Kelly Wisdom of the Week

(Note: I’ve made an editorial decision about the “Monday Morning Quarterback” column in 2014. I’m going to comb the weekly Chip Kelly press conferences and find a quote I like. There might be some weeks when I cannot find one, and in that case, this note will disappear. But most weeks, I feel sure I’ll have a Kellyism for you. The reason I like to listen to him is that he’s the kind of an outsider who says things that make lots of sense. And I’ll try to pass on some of that comment NFL sense to you each Monday.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Fun with Peter King on KSK is much better than MMQB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 am 

Quote:
9. I think if Bill Simmons has proof that Roger Goodell lied, then I’ve got no problem with what he said that caused ESPN to suspend him for three weeks. If it’s his opinion that Goodell is lying, then I’ve got a problem with it. How do you publicly say someone is lying and is a liar—adding profanities for emphasis—without knowing for sure?

This is the most Peter King thing Peter King has written.