It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
I know a few people will get this but Goff has unwittingly become a frequent target of the Zoo-Za-Zoo pranksters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkuskJp ... khGpiF0bLA

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

Post subject: Re: Goff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
dont have the Sat Radio, so dont listen to Jason, but the show sounds great and he is bringing some major players on with him, I would assume that leads him to some bigger stuff!

Not A team type stuff but bigger!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Good God, Goffer, now you're Jiggs? When did this happen? WTF? :shock:

Goff: Derrick Coleman, tell us what you be doin' for the community. I hear you're helping sick kids...Hmmmmm....Good Man...Hmmmmmm.

I didn't get why that prank call was funny, by the way. Nor am I aware of who that guy is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
I love listening to Jason, get him on the drive home on Bleacher Report radio with Will Carroll, good stuff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:27 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Good God, Goffer, now you're Jiggs? When did this happen? WTF? :shock:

Goff: Derrick Coleman, tell us what you be doin' for the community. I hear you're helping sick kids...Hmmmmm....Good Man...Hmmmmmm.

I didn't get why that prank call was funny, by the way. Nor am I aware of who that guy is.

It's an anti-Howard Stern thing. I think Sini knows more about it than I do. Sini, give me 1500 words on Zoo Za Zoo, STAT!

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
awww damn ARM got him? oh shit that's a good one.... but hey since someone called for me and/or 1500 words on zoo za zoo, i'm here to help!

first off, ARM is a poster from dawgshed.com (nee dawgsaloon.com) which started off as an alternative to stern fan network which was (and MAYBE still technically is?) the #1 howard stern messageboard on the net. you see, when howard got on sirius in 2006 he enacted a brilliant plan to try and control the main hub of fan discussion about him by inviting mutt (owner of SFN) to have a show on howard 101 called "superfan roundtable" which mutt hosted/moderated and it was just some sort of a circlejerk where stern "superfans" would get together and talk about the show. the main reason howard did this was that he wanted to get mutt under his wing and under his control, so this way he had some sway over mutt (who would grow to love his pseudo-celebrity to the point of taking orders from howard) much like howard had TRIED to do with marksfriggin.com (since you demanded ~1500/+ words, basically marksfriggin.com has compiled the daily rundown of the stern show for a long-ass time, i mean way back into the 90s/web1.0 era-of-the-internet since i'm pretty sure mark's site is still very web1.0). howard hired mark to write the official rundowns for howardstern.com which he did, but then as time went on howard wanted mark to change some of the things he was jotting down to whatever howard said they were ,and then from there i think he wanted to have mark go back and change stuff in the archive (since many people use marksfriggin.com as a reference to find out what went down on the stern show on what day and whatnot, when newschool/PC howard wants to pretend he never used the n-word or joked about gays or something (but hey since he's gay he can do it. OUT OF THE CLOSET STERN!!!!! =) he could scrub it.

i mean, howard has long been known to have "the tapes team" scrub his old shows for anything questionable, i mean i think one of his divorce settlements was that he couldn't mention alison on the air or something so whenever you hear any old stern tapes on sirius you don't hear a damn thing about alison. and then sometimes colorful words/phrases are scrubbed out... idk you can prolly do google searches on "howard stern tapes censorship" or something and find people who have uploaded youtube videos with examples of the original audio and the new sanitized audio being played on howard 100/101, so there you have it. he wanted to do the same thing with the marksfriggin.com rundown but mark kindly told him to go fuck himself, left the position as official show-runner-downer for howardstern.com and returned to his post at marksfriggin.com, where he still to this day does rundowns of the show even tho the segment summaries are inadvertantly suitably hilarious as you see just what kind of a soulless vanity show suckfest the stern show has become.

anyways, things worked out better with mutt. basically once mutt was invited into the HS family he was definitely prone to enacting howard's every wish/demand/etc.... so as the sirius years rolled on if you posted anything negative about beth you'd get banned. if you ragged on the show enough you got banned. if howard perused SFN and saw something he didn't like it disappeared. the biggest example of howard's power over SFN came when he first announced that he was going to join america's got talent. by that time (2010-11 or whatever?) the show had long been in decline (since basically once he reached all of his contractual performance incentives and helped the merger go through, welp, since there was no more $$$ to be made by putting on the best show possible the lack of effort really began to show) and what was a really good initial run of satellite radio from, say, 06-08 started to fall apart in 2009 because the last year or two of artie was kinda meh, especially compared to the first year or two of sirius.... you can basically say that when it became SXM it was all downhill (i mean, howard Himsef sued sirius XM for more $$$.... so when you think your company shafted you out of tens of millions of dollars and you're suing them for 50-100mil or whatever, welp, are YOU gonna go out and put out the best show possible with max-effort while you're actively pursuing litigation against them?) and then artie had spiraled out of control and ended up stabbing himself in the stomach or whatever and they let him go, so once the show got rid of artie (the last ensouled human being there.... or well idk about fred i think he very well might have his soul, that's why he hardly ever talks. but even on his end the audio drops and sound effects aren't nearly as on point as they used to be. he's sleepwalking through the shifts like everyone else) yeah beginning in 2010 the show experienced a sharp decline in quality, lots of longtime/oldschool fans began evolving into hate-listeners (just like the b&b threads here) and by the time howard was ready to join AGT there was a giant mass of disgruntled old fans who were getting increasingly sick of his bullshit (which is ironic given his early-sirius slogan of NO MORE BULLSHIT! tho in fairness we dont know if there was an exclamation point or something and it was really NO! MORE BULLSHIT! all along) and yeah.... the situation was ripe for potential disaster.

howard feared that when he announced AGT and it made national waves people would go "oh howard stern! i remember him.... he used to be really good at radio in the 90s! what's he up to now?" and they'd go to google him and they'd end up at stern fan network where there's a bunch of people ragging on him and razzing him, or even worse: telling the truth about the sad state of affairs over at his radio program (especially compared to his glory days, of course) so howard didn't want all the people who decided to look him up right after the AGT announcement to end up stumbling across SFN and seeing all of the old fans who were sick of his bullshit radio program, so he very likely ordered mutt to SHUT IT DOWN!!!! so basically right when that AGT announcement dropped SFN had JUST started a forum-software upgrade that took down SFN and all of its archives for ~3/+ weeks. BOOM. the AGT announcement came and went and there was no SFN chock full of increasingly-disgruntled old fans bitching about how shitty howard and the show had become, so hey mission accomplished, right?

dawgsaloon.com, as far as i know, started as a spinoff board by some of the OG SFNers who were getting sick of the bullshit, and then as time went on it kept picking up steam. when SFN went down for 3 weeks out of the blue a lot of people who were used to going to SFN to post about howard with the howard stern fan community over the years started going to dawg's if they didnt go already, and that 3 week thing really sent dawg's off and running. dawg's now has the oldschool vibe/mentality of SFN where people are allowed to think things other than happy thoughts about howard, beth, blobbin, and the whole gang. i dont really know much about SFN but it's pretty much a shell of what it was once, if not a veritable walking corpse. it's WAY slower than it used to be because i think most of the people who used to post there either 1) went to dawg's to get their fix with or without bannings or 2) simply stopped giving a shit about howard that much and moved on elsewhere.

so yeah, now that i've explained all of that for no reason at all (other than the 1500 words request) i've set the scene to say that ARM is a beloved poster/hero at dawg's.... his thing is media fuckery by calling up shows (most notably mike francesa's show, where he called up as Wigward from Southampton) and dropping "ZOO ZA ZOO!!!!!" somewhere in the call, a phrase which references howard's oldest daughter emily stern and a song she wrote (presumably about him). howard's kids are basically weird lil trust fund kiddies who run around the world being lesbians, prolly doing a bunch of drugs, making increasingly self-indulgent poetry (and this is coming from me) and uhhhhh yeah i think his youngest daughter is straight but seems to dig minorities and stuff and getting wasted and instagramming a bunch of pictures and you know the whole 9 yards.

but emily, you know the one who was cone-bra'd/t0pless in that NYC play where she was on stage screaming MY VAGINA!!!!! MY VAGINAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! is the one who most likely used daddy's $$ to record a music album full of goofy self-indulgent songs... and the one everyone suspects is about howard is called ZOO ZA ZOO. here's the lyrics:

Zoo Za Zoo
The mountain is high but it appears larger
not wanting to go backwards I break from my past.
You have caught me spiraling downwards
I feel like I made it inside at last.

The branches are deeper, much fuller, much richer,
My legs are resting like two grains of sand.
With beauty abundant, my thoughts are a picture
of this parcel of moistened, well grounded land.

Zoo Za Zoo Za Zoo Za Zoo
I love you.

You always said you knew I was gifted
but you never could figure out just how much
my body is baffled and my spirit is lifted
each time I surrender to your elegant touch.

Tonight’s the recital for these old, creepy oak trees
They’re flouncing and flampant
in their constant rebuttal.
The squirrel who listens while waiting on bent knees
inspires the leaves to fall towards a puddle.

We’ve evolved the wrong way. how can I go backwards?
How can I take credit for things I’ve not named,
where needing another has come to be misused
and added to this premise that I only can blame?

Zoo Za Zoo Za Zoo Za Zoo
I love you.

The pulsing ground welcomes this beautiful dream catcher
the songbirds that sit at the base of my spine
are telling my heart that I need not go faster
that God’s making room for Her precious friend, time.

For winters have come, but winters don’t stay.
They’re just making sure they still have their say
So, lets close our eyes while night seeks the day
and slumber seduces these games that we play.

Zoo Za Zo Za Zoo Za Zo
I love you.

---

so yeah, of course once howard's old fans discovered ZOO ZA ZOO!!!!!, you know, people who still to this day get airtime on howard's show when they can get on/in-the-background of ANY sort of massmedia and yell out BABABOOEY!!!! BABABOOEY!!!!!! (you know, when there's a golf broadcast and as the ball is hit and people applaud and cheer someone yells out BABABOOEY!!! BABABOOEY!!! really loudly to get picked up by the network's mics, howard will likely play it --- well those people wanted to get on howard's airwaves and yell out ZOO ZA ZOO!!!!! ZOO ZA ZOO!!!!! this, of course, was met with a total blackout. drop a zoo za zoo and you'll get immediately dumped (using the delay to black out the ZOO ZA ZOO!!! ofc, tho i think there's been like 1-2 slippages of it where even with the delay on a D-grade howard 101 program someone gets it in... and it was prolly ARM that did it) so this caused the newschool-bababooey-shouters to take their game elsewhere, to the world of media outside of siriusXM where you will never ever EVER hear the words ZOO ZA ZOO if everyone is doing their job properly (and if they aren't we all figure they lose it REALLY QUICK)

so yeah ARM goes all over the place, most notably francesa (who seems to like him because he's a really good caller outside of the drops... he knows how to make a good quality call that everyone likes and then he's able to slip in the ZOO ZA ZOO!!!1) and he's a man on a mission to get the word about ZOO ZA ZOO out there in the post-BABABOOEY!!!! sense. he's essentially using howard's old schtick against him, and it's kind of bloody brilliant. i mean you get images like this out of it:

many wonder if francesa picked up on the fact that Wigward in Southampton is making fun of howard stern (or at least if after the first or second call a producer told him and he chortled and they all allowed it to go on cuz he's been on francesa at least 3 times i think, maybe more cuz i dont keep up with the shed as much as i used to hence my not knowing about this and posting it myself) so yeah that's pretty much what's going on here.... it's basically a BABABOOEY!!!!! type shot at howard stern referencing his goofy-ass-daughter writing some song presumably about him and his distance from his kids (and remember, howard made a fucking career cutting on the gifford kids in the 90s and whatnot, but of course one of countless hypocrises that's been exposed about the guy is that his kids are 50000000% off limits and rah rah rah blah blah blah) so yeah, in the name of speaking the truth about howard stern and having SOME kind of fun with the newschool stern show (cuz lord knows it doesn't come from teh show itself) WE'VE GOT ZOO ZA ZOO, which has inspired some transcendental greatness like this video here (click here if you wanna hear emily singing some of zoo za zoo, albeit in an edited sense. the actual song itself is just some acoustic/vocal-solo stuff anyways so it's eminently exploitable to be synced up with stuff like this

Forrest Gump wrote:
...and that's all i've got to say about that

OH YEAH AND HOLY MOTHER OF LOL GOFF'S SHOW IS CALLED OFF THE DRIBBLE?!?!?!!? gee i wonder if goff's ever been off of a dribble or two in his lifetime, eh? HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 =D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:12 am 

new record?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:22 am 

From MS-WORD: 2,412 words, 10.909 characters. And right on.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:29 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Too many cocks for sini.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:31 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Sini just made Cliff commit suicide.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:32 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
DannyB wrote:
From MS-WORD: 2,412 words, 10.909 characters. And right on.

Brooklyn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:33 am 

hey, i was specifically asked to explain zoo za zoo.... and while the history of dawgshed.com might have been a bit much, if you went through all of that you've got a very detailed explanation as to the etymology of zoo za zoo and yeah.

and that's prolly not even 1/2way to my longest post on here. i've let it rip for much longer than that in the past. lurk more!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:38 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
and that's prolly not even 1/2way to my longest post on here. i've let it rip for much longer than that in the past.

you're a gawd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:43 am 

spanky wrote:
you're a gawd

the ac/dc specifically

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:46 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
spanky wrote:
you're a gawd

the ac/dc specifically

Used to love MLWTTKK. Sexplosion! was a damn near perfect album for me at that point in my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:01 am 

spanky wrote:
Used to love MLWTTKK. Sexplosion! was a damn near perfect album for me at that point in my life

for me i think the remnants of my old goth phase (pumped to go see skinny puppy / frontline assembly / haujobb next month!) gotta go with confessions of a knife... i mean my first dialup account was mindway@wwa.com FFS.... although the first dialup bbs i ever called was called kooler than jesus, and eventually when i got around to hearing the song i decided "electric messiah" was a much better bbs handle than Raiden or The Hell Knight (nicked from mortal kombat and doom respectively) so when i went for that first e-mail account @ ripco's dialup bbs electricmessiah@ripco.com didn't fit so i had to go with emessiah@ripco.com and welp, the rest is history from there.

the other night i just remembered the story where i finally got to see TKK in '08 (i had two unused tickets for the ~nov95 show where i had rides up and back to the show from the suburbs, which was priceless back then, but i couldn't find anyone to go au gratis and my parents decided to step up and do actual parenting and not let me go despite the older/cooler friends being there and all that) i had spent my ~2hrs waiting up front and center of the first row to see the ~50+ year old groovie mann come out in skintight leather/vinyl/something and do his thing onstage.... i caught a still photograph of him looking old and bewildered which i thought was quite apropos, but i digress.

as i'm waiting up front and center/ish hoping they play kooler than jesus, some short little chick taps my shoulder from behind (and i had been there for 2+ hours through shitty opening bands i didnt care about. my spatial awareness is good. i know she wasnt there) and says "UHHH YOU'RE TALL AND I CAN'T SEE, SO YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE BEHIND ME" to which i was immediately exasperated and flummoxed and bellowed out "oh fuck you.... why don't you move to where you can see cuz i've been here for over 2 hours.... fuck off!" that chick then decided to get up to the bouncer and tell him that i was harassing her nonstop and rah rah rah blah blah blah so he grabs me and says "hey!!!" so i tell him about how this bitch just decided to rush the stage after the headliner was there and i had been there for 2+ hours but hey i'll make you a deal. if they play kooler than jesus i'll leave right after it cuz that's my song and at this point.... fuck it all. he agreed and sure enough kooler than jesus was the next song so i vibed out, had my fun, and then i promptly left in disgust knowing that dumb little bitch was going to have her way.

yet another pointless TL;DR story, but hey, whenever i bitch about male privilege and FOOEY TO THIRD WAVE FEMINISM and etc etc.... that's the kind of stuff i'm talking about. i'm supposed to give up the fact that i only drank one cup of water and made sure i didnt have to go reload on beers or take a piss just to hold that spot, yet lil miss princess decides she's gonna get up front to see the TKK and makes it all the way to the 2nd row of people (cuz typically the first row of people is people who put in the effort to be front and center) and then all of a sudden because OMFG SHE CAN'T SEE!!! ****I**** gotta move to make everything all hunky dory for her? it begs the question of what kind of a person sees a crowd of people standing there watching a show.... she's starting from the way back and she literally walks through the crowd with this mindset like everyone has to get out of HER way so she can see the show from her preferred location, and when i didn't welp there's some of that never-spoken-about female privilege where she cn tell a bouncer that this creepy pudgy guy is harassing the shit out of her and ruining her experience and of course #ListenAndBelieve and now all of a sudden i've got people telling me i gotta go?

you know it's just like when you're waiting for the bus standing right by where the bus pulls up and then hen the bus actually pulls up all these women just come out of the woodworks (usually from teh comfy benches i havent spent the last 5-15mins sitting on just so i could get a good seat on the bus) and walk in front of you like you aren't even standing there and of course if you even so much as intimate that you're not going to let them walk right in front of you then you get these dirty looks or bitching or of course HARASSMENT!!!!! and then everyone's like "whoa dude, why are you giving the lady some trouble?" and yeah, then i have a shitty seat all the way home where i come online and read about how i'm a part of the most privileged class of people in human history and i'm out there oppressing all of the women to uphold my arbitrary societally-mandated advantages over them. uh huh......

i am sinicalypse. i babble and it's not misogyny.... it's mesogyny.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:05 am 

brevity, sini

I never saw TTKK, wish I would have

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:10 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
This video is a fucking masterpiece of editing for its time, or any time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0yI-ambNY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:46 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:
This video is a fucking masterpiece of editing for its time, or any time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0yI-ambNY

Great video