It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
'Road Hard' is up on the torrent sites.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:25 pm 

Hussra wrote:
'Road Hard' is up on the torrent sites.

Didnt even think of that. Maybe Ill borrow it this evening.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
rogers park bryan wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
I guess this is premiering at the Patio Theater this Saturday. A publicist called Leadbelly today (we're 2 blocks away from the theater) and asked if we would stay open late for a Adam and his entourage.

Adam Carolla on the north side and an Irish themed parade on the south side. How does an rpb choose?

Adam actually did come by around 5, but the line was too long (with people grabbing dinner before the premiere, ironically) so he chatted with people for a while and left.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Alison is on "Never Not Funny" this week. I'm only a half hour into it and she just entered the studio which included Pardo making fun of her getting fired and how she had to deal with a condescending misogynist for the last few years. I'll listen to more later.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
The clips below were posted on the Carolla AMA yesterday. Alison pretty much addressed all of the points Carolla made about why she was fired and said they were all lies. Worth your time if you're a fan of either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24i1MhEbPR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30WcJwfXCao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:28 am 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
The clips below were posted on the Carolla AMA yesterday. Alison pretty much addressed all of the points Carolla made about why she was fired and said they were all lies. Worth your time if you're a fan of either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24i1MhEbPR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30WcJwfXCao

Cool, Ill check that out.

Did she address the Chicago show or the What to Expect things?

Those are the two I cant imagine any justification. Adam asked her to do a funny bit for the show (aka her job) and she chose not to....repeatedly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:31 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Those are the two I cant imagine any justification. Adam asked her to do a funny bit for the show (aka her job) and she chose not to....repeatedly.

Yes, sir. That first clip is the better of the 2. Bald Bryan was tossed under the bus.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:33 am 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yes, sir. That first clip is the better of the 2. Bald Bryan was tossed under the bus.

I cant watch it at work. What did she say about not doing the What to Expect bit or the Chicago thing?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:45 am 

There's actually no video. It's just audio but presented on YouTube.

Basically, she claims that Carolla asked if she had anything pressing she wanted to talk about onstage for the 2nd Chicago show. Not "can you bring something to the table because I'm out of gas," as he claims. She threw BB under the bus because she said he's not the type to go above and beyond and was like, "No, I don't" whereas she would've contributed if he had simply asked her to. Hearing Alison's version, I kinda believed her, and it makes me really want to know WTF really happened that caused Carolla to get rid of her.

She also talked about the news stories that Mike August provided and dismissed Carolla's claims about not using them. She said she had full control over what news stories she could use and didn't even know August was being paid to contribute them after he moved to the east coast.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:48 am 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
There's actually no video. It's just audio but presented on YouTube.

Basically, she claims that Carolla asked if she had anything pressing she wanted to talk about onstage for the 2nd Chicago show. Not "can you bring something to the table because I'm out of gas," as he claims. She threw BB under the bus because she said he's not the type to go above and beyond and was like, "No, I don't" whereas she would've contributed if he had simply asked her to. Hearing Alison's version, I kinda believed her, and it makes me really want to know WTF really happened that caused Carolla to get rid of her.

She also talked about the news stories that Mike August provided and dismissed Carolla's claims about not using them. She said she had full control over what news stories she could use and didn't even know August was being paid to contribute them after he moved to the east coast.

Doesnt explain What to Expect when you're not expecting. I actually heard Adam say "we need to do more of that" on the show. I remember thinking "no you dont"

But Adam fired her because she doesnt like Adam. It's pretty reasonable actually, it just should have happened after 4 weeks or months, not years

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:52 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Doesnt explain What to Expect when you're not expecting. I actually heard Adam say "we need to do more of that" on the show. I remember thinking "no you dont"

But Adam fired her because she doesnt like Adam. It's pretty reasonable actually, it just should have happened after 4 weeks or months, not years

Oops, my bad. I didn't remember the What to Expect part. Wasn't discussed. I agree with your assessement. It was dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
It boils down to this. Adam fucked up. He knows it. You could hear it in his voice when he was on Stern a week or so back. The worst part was the show addressing the reasons for the firing. Second worst was using an email (typed by one of the yesmen, no doubt). Third was the total bitch move of not letting someone know if you aren't really happy with their performance.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:54 am 

Alison was really bringing nothing to the show and seemed pretty unhappy in the last year though. It was time for a change, imo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:56 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Alison was really bringing nothing to the show and seemed pretty unhappy in the last year though. It was time for a change, imo.

I don't think that's the issue at all. It's his show. But he fucked up the execution big time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:59 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think that's the issue at all. It's his show. But he fucked up the execution big time.

I agree on the execution but Alison was noticeably contributing less to the show for some time. Her back and forth with Adam and Bryan was part of why I loved the show but over the last year it was more and more a one man Adam show. It may not have been her fault, but if you listen to a show from 2013, and then one from last year, it's a huge difference in how big a part Alison and Bryan play

I actually thought Alison was getting ready to quit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:59 am 

While I didn't hate her, I was never a fan, either. Her forced laughs and "HA!s" were annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:21 am 

Seemed appropriate to post it here, but saw a Tweet from Carolla saying his PO'd show with Dennis Miller was on hiatus. As someone who listened to all 6 of them, I'm not surprised. There was an underlying tension about dumb shit like intro music and talking over each other because they weren't in the same studio. That, and Dennis Miller was like a teenage girl at a Bon Jovi concert in 1986 the way he slobbered all over Carolla. For a man of Miller's stature in the world of comedy, it was pretty disgusting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:21 pm 

Gina is better than Alison for this show and the show is better because of it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:54 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Gina is better than Alison for this show and the show is better because of it

Haven't listened in forever. He was losing me anyway, and that bitch move sealed it for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6