It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Carolla's not been fulfilling his promises to the folks/fans/ex-fans who gave him money to crowd-fund his movie-film.

No one's rec'd their promised DVDs (Blu-Ray or otherwise) [pay a streaming service $5 to see the movie, has been Carolla's response], shirts have been wrong or not sent at all, other folks have had their "dinner with Adam at your house" ($15,000) downgraded to "brown bag lunch at the studio while Adam records a podcast and says a quick hi/goodbye before/after". People who paid $110 for an exclusive screening found themselves getting the exact same experience at those screenings as any joe off the street who paid anywhere from $10 to $25 for a ticket to that particular screening, etc, etc:

This Aaron Foster guy paid $10,000 for a speaking part and Carolla couldn't even be arsed to give him a second of screen time, much less the promised speaking part:

http://bit.ly/1MXQ9lF

AfterPod, btw, is a piss-take on each day's Carolla podcast by a couple of the dimeforscale msg board posters. Although they've been moving away from mocking Carolla and are starting in on other podcasts.
earlier episodes have more of their overall deconstruction of the Carolla-verse. They seem bored with mocking Carolla in the more recent episodes:

http://afterpod.net/episodes

Last edited by Hussra on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Anyone who gives money for a crowd sourced project is an idiot. I really enjoy Carolla's podcast, but I never once thought about "donating" money. PT Barnum was right.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I've never donated to any of these podcasts that do the crowd-funding/begging. Not even No Agenda, which is entirely crowd-funded on an episode by episode basis. I prolly should throw some coin Curry/Dvorak's way, mostly for Dvorak's sake. I think Curry's sitting on a pile of cash from his various post-MTV ventures that he can't touch without getting ass-fucked by the IRS, based on his Howard Stern appearance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:15 am 

i dont understand the fascination with carolla. the guy has always been a dumbass dbag. this isnt shocking to me at all... its like people like him because he talks like a construction worker... shit, just go get a labor job if you want to listen to assholes talk about stupid shit all day. trust me the comedy wears off fast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:21 am 

No, Carolla is super funny off the cuff and in conversations. That's why people listen despite the fact he's a douchebag

I heard something about a law suit against crowdfunders who break their pledges. I wonder if this was it.

Ive listened twice in the last two months. Once a month is perfect. Maybe once a week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:15 am 

No. Hes a dumbass and talks like every other idiot construction worker ive known. Fuck him