It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Neon Deon
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:58 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
On the NFL network talking Bengals/Steelers. He is doing an excellent job reviewing what happened and even coming out to say the first 15 yarder shouldn't have been thrown. He felt the Bengal LB was trying to avoid that hit.

Post subject: Re: Neon Deon
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:06 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Surely you, nor he, are referring to Burfect's hit at the end of the game, right?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:09 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Hang on I gots to take this.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:16 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Don Tiny wrote:
Surely you, nor he, are referring to Burfect's hit at the end of the game, right?

He was. LaDamian Tomilson was on and he argued the other side. Burfect could have sidestepped running into the wideout imho. I still enjoyed his review of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
When are players going to learn? You can't hit guys in the helmet like that when they are defenseless, QB's and receivers normally. Or CTE for all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
denisdman wrote:
When are players going to learn? You can't hit guys in the helmet like that when they are defenseless, QB's and receivers normally. Or CTE for all.

This. There is no excuse for what happened... the definition of the rule says that's a fucking penalty. The vast majority of the analysts I have heard say the dude should also be fined and/or suspended. What was supposed to happen? They ignore it?

GM's and coaches are going to have to adapt and assess the emotional stability of their players even more with this game going forward. Games are becoming increasingly decided by stupid players making stupid plays. I realize most front offices already do this (except probably Dallas), but it will only be heightened moving forward.

And if we want to know if perhaps this play (and Jones' ensuing unsportsmanlike conduct) are a product of Cincinnati's lack of discipline, we only need to look at the rest of the game before this play. Cincinnati was acting like fuckin' idiots all day prior to this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Deion is entertaining, I love listening to him talk some shit, but he isnt such a great analyst.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:41 am 

Intent doesn't matter in the context of a penalty. It's like a car accident. Well, I didn't mean to hit you, but you still have to pay for the damage caused. I don't care if the linebacker intended to hit the head. The fact is he did.

The league worries about intent when dealing out fines and suspensions. The officials have to deal with what happened on the play.

The Bengals are so stupid. They fell into every trap. I mean DeCastro drove Burfect into the ground near the goal line. Just baiting the moron to get a penalty.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:44 am 

They replay the conversation between Deion and LT here...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... d-be-fined

LT was right. He just doesn't talk as well as Deion. They replay it in slow-motion... I think he clearly could have missed him. The ball was out WAY before they hit each other. We've seen a lot closer calls than that.

Edit: I just watched it again... You can see the ball go by Brown, count "one-thousand one" (in slo-mo), and Burfict lowers his shoulder THEN. He definitely had time to stop or move, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
So then, how does Pitt get rewarded with the ball earlier in the game when their LB head-shots a Cincy RB, who dropped the ball while unconscious? I really have no stake in this game, it just seemed incongruous, yet not surprising.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:45 pm 

Not that I agree with the rule, but the Cincy guy was not deemed defenseless. He had turned around to face the oncoming defender. There are different rules for passers and defenseless receivers versus guys deemed to be runners- running backs, scrambling QB's and receivers running with a caught ball.

The rules are evolving to make the game safer. The defenders are dumb. Why ever head hunt? It is too dangerous. Hit guys around the waste with your head on the side. It's safer for both players.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:05 pm 

K Effective wrote:
So then, how does Pitt get rewarded with the ball earlier in the game when their LB head-shots a Cincy RB, who dropped the ball while unconscious? I really have no stake in this game, it just seemed incongruous, yet not surprising.

I only saw that replay once and not teal well, but I agree - at first glance, it looked like helmet to helmet. It's always officiated inconsistently, but that still doesn't excuse the Bengals' stupidity at the end, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:10 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Not that I agree with the rule, but the Cincy guy was not deemed defenseless. He had turned around to face the oncoming defender. There are different rules for passers and defenseless receivers versus guys deemed to be runners- running backs, scrambling QB's and receivers running with a caught ball.

The rules are evolving to make the game safer. The defenders are dumb. Why ever head hunt? It is too dangerous. Hit guys around the waste with your head on the side. It's safer for both players.

Yes... when these rules first started being written, the irritation and confusion was understandable (and some of them are very difficult to abide by - especially the QB stuff). But by now, the only argument that should be made is that the ref got the call wrong. There should really be no barking about the rules - they are what they are, and they're definitely not changing. There seems to be some guys who just can't help themselves... Brandon Merriweather comes to mind. If you can't play without the constant need to lead with the helmet, you probably won't be in the league very long.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
leashyourkids wrote:
I only saw that replay once and not teal well, but I agree - at first glance, it looked like helmet to helmet. It's always officiated inconsistently, but that still doesn't excuse the Bengals' stupidity at the end, IMO.

The hit by the Pitt linebacker was crown of helmet to RB chin- whether defenseless or not, spearing is illegal. But, that does not excuse the Cincy LB and his avoidable hit, nor that dumbass Pacman Jones even remotely getting close to the fray. Two stupid moves that cost them the game. Cut 'em both