It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:06 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

jesus

Last edited by Curious Hair on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:12 pm 

I don't like her because she's awful. She has absolutely no idea what she's looking at and just drops some gimmick lines someone gave her despite the situation. It should just be a two man both. She adds nothing to the broadcast.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:12 pm 

Ellen has the street cred of Scarface by comparison.

ELLEN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
KDdidit wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
I don't want to hear an African American call most sports. It's simply a preference, literally no different than someone who likes bacon but not ham.

I still don't need your assent to form my own opinion; the false equivalency, however, you can still shove up your ignorant ass when you get a free moment.

Let me know when you have an opinion over in the Julie thread.

It's not a false equivalency, it's using your same ignorant words to justify an opinion that just as stupid as yours is. Although by comparing equal opportunity for women in a workplace to liking bacon but not ham, I guess it's obvious you have no idea what a false equivalency is. There's like an infinitesimal chance my daughter will grow up and want to do sports play by play, but on the off chance she does I hope she'll be judged on her actual ability to do the job and not prevented from getting a chance by some troglodytes who just don't like the sound of a woman's voice in the last refuge of manly men, sports broadcasts.

Do you feel the same way about a woman who prefers a female doctor? Because there's like an infinitesimal chance I'll have a son who will grow up and want to be a gynecologist, but on the off chance he does I hope he'll be judged on his actual ability to do the job and not prevented from getting a chance by some women who care more about the gender of their doctor than his/her talents.

Last edited by Joe Orr Road Rod on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I guess we're getting to the point that we are not allowed to have preferences because it might limit the career advancement of someone else .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:
I guess we're getting to the point that we are not allowed to have preferences because it might limit the career advancement of someone else .

spmack may go to nursing school and become the world's greatest nurse, but I don't want him giving me a sponge bath. That doesn't mean I hate men, or black people, or Cub fans. Well, maybe Cub fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
I don't want to hear an African American call most sports. It's simply a preference, literally no different than someone who likes bacon but not ham.

I still don't need your assent to form my own opinion; the false equivalency, however, you can still shove up your ignorant ass when you get a free moment.

Let me know when you have an opinion over in the Julie thread.

It's not a false equivalency, it's using your same ignorant words to justify an opinion that just as stupid as yours is. Although by comparing equal opportunity for women in a workplace to liking bacon but not ham, I guess it's obvious you have no idea what a false equivalency is. There's like an infinitesimal chance my daughter will grow up and want to do sports play by play, but on the off chance she does I hope she'll be judged on her actual ability to do the job and not prevented from getting a chance by some troglodytes who just don't like the sound of a woman's voice in the last refuge of manly men, sports broadcasts.

Do you feel the same way about a woman who prefers a female doctor? Because there's like an infinitesimal chance I'll have a son who will grow up and want to be a gynecologist, but on the off chance he does I hope he'll be judged on his actual ability to do the job and not prevented from getting a chance by some women who care more about the gender of their doctor than his/her talents.

Yes I do. Besides, I think your son has, at minimum, a 100x better chance of being an OB/Gyn than my daughter does at being a national sports broadcaster. I wonder why that is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:21 pm 

Although I can see why one might be swayed by gender when we're talking about who is putting things in your vajayjay. That's probably just as intrusive as having a woman's voice describing sports violating someone's delicate ears though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:32 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This seems like an odd debate.

If you prefer a male voice to a female voice when it comes to sports broadcasting, I'm not sure how anyone can find an issue with that. If you don't think females should even be given a chance to do the job, then yes of course you're a misogynist. I don't see what the argument is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

KDdidit wrote:
Although I can see why one might be swayed by gender when we're talking about who is putting things in your vajayjay. That's probably just as intrusive as having a woman's voice describing sports violating someone's delicate ears though.

:lol: Look, I understand your viewpoint. As I said it's an interesting argument. But I would submit that for many people the relationship with the people who broadcast their baseball team's games is very, very personal, albeit in a different way than one with someone who sticks his/her nose in your private parts. There's a reason why a guy like Hawk is so polarizing.

Anyway, I just think both things are simply a matter of personal choice and people making that choice don't really deserve to be pilloried for their preference.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
This seems like an odd debate.

If you prefer a male voice to a female voice when it comes to sports broadcasting, I'm not sure how anyone can find an issue with that. If you don't think females should even be given a chance to do the job, then yes of course you're a misogynist. I don't see what the argument is.

Well, to play devil's advocate, we're talking about a profession that is traditionally and primarily male. If the majority feels that they would prefer a male voice, that is necessarily going to have an effect on who is hired for the jobs. The end result is going to be that females really aren't given a chance to do the job.

But I would suggest the consumer has his/her right to his/her preferences regardless of the basis for them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I don't like listening to women broadcasters of sports because, to me, they seem to lack credibility. There has never been a female professional baseball player, so that seems to make sense unless we are going out of our way to call everyone sexist. Who the fuck cares? Stop being so sensitive about every little fuckin' thing. My wife won't go to a hairdresser that's not a woman or a gay man. Shockingly, I still manage to find some sense of self-worth despite her prejudiced view that my kind can't cut hair well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:39 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I don't like listening to women broadcasters of sports because, to me, they seem to lack credibility. There has never been a female professional baseball player, so that seems to make sense unless we are going out of our way to call everyone sexist. Who the fuck cares? Stop being so sensitive about every little fuckin' thing. My wife won't go to a hairdresser that's not a woman or a gay man. Shockingly, I still manage to find some sense of self-worth despite her prejudiced view that my kind can't cut hair well.

Okay Hub.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
I mute most the games 1st time I heard her.....what the fuck does she bring to the game? She is the dickless version of RPB (Nicki Minaj ?????? Turn your balls in at the front desk!)

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
That is a bad listen. The 3 man booth needs to end, period.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 pm 

Jessica Mendoza has gotten worse...unless you want to watch her pre-taped interviews where she's in a tight shirt asking empty headed questions. Even then she was a poor man's version of the no talent Sarah Spain. I honestly think she learned nothing last year and came into the broadcast attempting to repeat whatever she just heard another broadcaster say off air. She may be the worst I've heard attempt to do the job since Harry Caray in his last years, or Lou Brock.

I don't care for Aaron Boone, nor the talking head pbp guy, but Jesus H Christ she subtracted from the game.

Kind of like Spaulding with her Baseball threads.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:27 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

Lisa Leslie has been on the TNT NBA Studio the last couple weeks because Barkley and Kenny Smith have been busy with March Madness, and she was solid. I kind of wish they would add her and subtract Shaq from the main broadcast. But otherwise, you are very correct. There's a whole lot of bad out there. Doris Burke can die in a fire.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:26 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Douchebag wrote:
I kind of wish they would add her and subtract Shaq from the main broadcast.

Yeah, Shaq overpowers the group because he's Shaq. It's like adding Eddie Van Halen to a jazz trio.