It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
http://deadspin.com/this-photo-of-john- ... in_twitter

Quote:
Ratings across the network’s program schedule rarely rise above the “scratch” level, which Nielsen defines as having enough viewers to be accurately recorded. Even worse, FS1 programming is regularly beaten in the ratings by programs on networks with far fewer potential viewers—and even other Fox Sports-operated channels.

Cowherd and Whitlock not moving the needle, there's hope for humanity.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:35 pm 

Do they even broadcast anything relevant? I know they threw up a few MLB playoff games in October, but I can't think of anything else.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Douchebag wrote:
Do they even broadcast anything relevant? I know they threw up a few MLB playoff games in October, but I can't think of anything else.

There was some Big 12 football during college season...but no one living anywhere other than the flyover states and Texas want to watch that shit.

I think they have UFC on every once in a while.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
All non-ESPN, non-league sports channels are doomed to failure at worst and subsistence at best. NBC Sports Network is so hard up for programming that they nationally televise like 15 Buffalo Sabres games a year. I've never seen a moment of the CBS Sports Network and I intend to keep it that way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:47 pm 

NBC sports seems to have found their niche with the NHL "Game of the Week" and Premier League soccer. I think CBS Sports just exists for the 2 weeks of NCAA Tournament in March.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Douchebag wrote:
NBC sports seems to have found their niche with the NHL "Game of the Week" and Premier League soccer. I think CBS Sports just exists for the 2 weeks of NCAA Tournament in March.

There's a CBS Sports Network? Like on cable and shit?

You are spot on about NBC. The coverage of both is pretty good...the BPL coverage is better than anything ESPN ever did with it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:52 pm 

Quote:
UFC programming is also strong, though it doesn’t manage to beat out the likes of women’s volleyball, President’s Cup golf, or a Bucks-Kings game on NBATV

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:00 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

My wish was always the NHL on USA as a counterpart to the NBA on TNT, the two channels being about the same in terms of carriage and cachet. I'd trade some weeknight national games for a more focused commitment on a "real" network.

USA gets some early-round Stanley Cup games now. So does CNBC, oddly enough.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Douchebag wrote:

Bullshit. You. Are. Watching.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:08 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Bullshit. You. Are. Watching.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:12 pm 

I've accidentally run into a couple of DePaul games there this season. I guess this partially explains DePaul's lack of visibility in this city.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:18 pm 

We talk a lot here about what it'll take to rehabilitate the charred remains of the DePaul basketball program. Opting out of whatever passes for the Big East's television contract and negotiating directly with a local outlet would be a good first step, but I'm sure that's not an option.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
"That Other Pregame Show" on CBSSN is ok, if you can take Adam Schein. Love Amy Trask.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:23 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
We talk a lot here about what it'll take to rehabilitate the charred remains of the DePaul basketball program. Opting out of whatever passes for the Big East's television contract and negotiating directly with a local outlet would be a good first step, but I'm sure that's not an option.

According to Brick in a DePaul thread, it may not be. But these kinds of ratings have allow for some kind of escape clause in the Fox deal.

Or maybe the $$ ol' Lenti-Ponsetto is squirreling away is just too enticing. If so, this program is worse off than even I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I just noticed CBSSports channel the other day. Did it just start?

How much sports crap can you watch? Flood the market then they discover they don't have 24x7 programming so you get two radio guys televised.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:26 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I just noticed CBSSports channel the other day. Did it just start?

How much sports crap can you watch? Flood the market then they discover they don't have 24x7 programming so you get two radio guys televised.

It's been around for at least two college football seasons. How else can I regularly watch Army/Bucknell football games?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:19 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I've accidentally run into a couple of DePaul games there this season. I guess this partially explains DePaul's lack of visibility in this city.

I check in with them for burgeoning Blue Demon buckets. Not a lot to cheer for these days, but at least all of their games are televised. On second thought that may not necessarily be a positive. Comcast threw in the towel a long time ago so Fox appears to be the only game in town now if you're interested in Depaul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:53 am 

On my Comcast in Atlanta, FS1 is so far back in the channel listings that I forget it's even there. It's back by the digital audio channels. They have to change that. Is it really far away from the other channels for anyone else?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:54 am 

Wilson A2000 wrote:
On my Comcast in Atlanta, FS1 is so far back in the channel listings that I forget it's even there. It's back by the digital audio channels.

Music Choice Singers & Swing!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Curious Hair wrote:
I've never seen a moment of the CBS Sports Network and I intend to keep it that way.

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
All non-ESPN, non-league sports channels are doomed to failure at worst and subsistence at best. NBC Sports Network is so hard up for programming that they nationally televise like 15 Buffalo Sabres games a year. I've never seen a moment of the CBS Sports Network and I intend to keep it that way.

It seems weird for us that they show so many Sabres games, but Buffalo is consistently the #3 or 4 TV market in the ratings for hockey broadcasts (shocking given its size) so it makes sense that NBC would do that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Fs1 is the home of the Pac 12, which is a problem when the viewing starts at 10 PM sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:44 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
that's rich, deadspins... whose traffic is trending downardr ragging on another companies ratings misfortune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I check in with them for burgeoning Blue Demon buckets. Not a lot to cheer for these days, but at least all of their games are televised. On second thought that may not necessarily be a positive. Comcast threw in the towel a long time ago so Fox appears to be the only game in town now if you're interested in Depaul

I ran into Depaul-St. John's the other night and the Blue Demons were getting routed.

Then they pan to the St. John's bench and I find that Chris Mullins is still alive but appears to have contracted leprosy. Click.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
now that i get the world fishing network, i have no reason to ever watch nbc sports.