It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 14104
Location: end of lonely street
pizza_Place: Obbies
56 that's young ....just bought a 2.25 million Gold Coast Mansion.....who'd be better mentoring a young QB? You heard it here 1st

_________________
Guilty feet have got no rhythm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 37667
I would gladly take him over Fox.

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


leashyourkids wrote:
Looks like FavreFan is the only real asshole.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 33473
pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
I would gladly take him over Fox.


You don't want Big Game Bob.

_________________
Good people drink good beer - Hunter S. Thompson

<º)))><

Take up your china doll
It's only fractured
Just a little nervous from the fall


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 37667
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I would gladly take him over Fox.


You don't want Big Game Bob.

Why is that?

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


leashyourkids wrote:
Looks like FavreFan is the only real asshole.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 33473
pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I would gladly take him over Fox.


You don't want Big Game Bob.

Why is that?


Because he isn't a very good coach. He lost way too many important games with the talent he had.

_________________
Good people drink good beer - Hunter S. Thompson

<º)))><

Take up your china doll
It's only fractured
Just a little nervous from the fall


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 14920
pizza_Place: A few...
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
56 that's young ....just bought a 2.25 million Gold Coast Mansion.....who'd be better mentoring a young QB? You heard it here 1st


That house is next door to the one he bought 11 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 14104
Location: end of lonely street
pizza_Place: Obbies
Peoria Matt wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
56 that's young ....just bought a 2.25 million Gold Coast Mansion.....who'd be better mentoring a young QB? You heard it here 1st


That house is next door to the one he bought 11 years ago.

okay you are O coordinator

_________________
Guilty feet have got no rhythm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm
Posts: 3728
Location: East of Eden
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I would gladly take him over Fox.


You don't want Big Game Bob.

Why is that?


Because he isn't a very good coach. He lost way too many important games with the talent he had.

He won his first really big game--and then pretty much lost the big ones, except a few years ago when they beat Alabama.

I think it's possible that some of his teams were just overrated. In 2003, ESPN was talking about how the Sooners were perhaps one of the best teams ever. As soon as they played someone tough, they got whacked. Then they lost whatever bowl they were in. Baylor is gross and all, but I like watching Big 12 games; you're basically gonna get 100 points per game, plus some wonderfully inappropriate comments from the coaches (apart from Bill Snyder). So the Sooners are guaranteed 10 wins per.

He's a great coach (or has achieved some great things), but he's not at Saban's level.

_________________
rogers park bryan wrote:
This registered sex offender I regularly converse with on the internet just said something really stupid


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 33473
pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
formerlyknownas wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I would gladly take him over Fox.


You don't want Big Game Bob.

Why is that?


Because he isn't a very good coach. He lost way too many important games with the talent he had.

He won his first really big game--and then pretty much lost the big ones, except a few years ago when they beat Alabama.

I think it's possible that some of his teams were just overrated. In 2003, ESPN was talking about how the Sooners were perhaps one of the best teams ever. As soon as they played someone tough, they got whacked. Then they lost whatever bowl they were in. Baylor is gross and all, but I like watching Big 12 games; you're basically gonna get 100 points per game, plus some wonderfully inappropriate comments from the coaches (apart from Bill Snyder). So the Sooners are guaranteed 10 wins per.

He's a great coach (or has achieved some great things), but he's not at Saban's level.


Alabama wasn't playing for a title. They didn't show up for that game.

_________________
Good people drink good beer - Hunter S. Thompson

<º)))><

Take up your china doll
It's only fractured
Just a little nervous from the fall


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm
Posts: 3728
Location: East of Eden
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Chus wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I would gladly take him over Fox.


You don't want Big Game Bob.

Why is that?


Because he isn't a very good coach. He lost way too many important games with the talent he had.

He won his first really big game--and then pretty much lost the big ones, except a few years ago when they beat Alabama.

I think it's possible that some of his teams were just overrated. In 2003, ESPN was talking about how the Sooners were perhaps one of the best teams ever. As soon as they played someone tough, they got whacked. Then they lost whatever bowl they were in. Baylor is gross and all, but I like watching Big 12 games; you're basically gonna get 100 points per game, plus some wonderfully inappropriate comments from the coaches (apart from Bill Snyder). So the Sooners are guaranteed 10 wins per.

He's a great coach (or has achieved some great things), but he's not at Saban's level.


Alabama wasn't playing for a title. They didn't show up for that game.

I still can't believe Oklahoma won that one....

_________________
rogers park bryan wrote:
This registered sex offender I regularly converse with on the internet just said something really stupid


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 14104
Location: end of lonely street
pizza_Place: Obbies
Jesus fuckin Christ Stoops>Fox or not?

_________________
Guilty feet have got no rhythm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm
Posts: 3728
Location: East of Eden
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Jesus fuckin Christ Stoops>Fox or not?

He's no Jimmy Johnson.

_________________
rogers park bryan wrote:
This registered sex offender I regularly converse with on the internet just said something really stupid


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 58962
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Fox > Jesus fuckin Christ

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm
Posts: 3728
Location: East of Eden
pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Fox > Jesus fuckin Christ

(((Jesus fuckin Christ)))

_________________
rogers park bryan wrote:
This registered sex offender I regularly converse with on the internet just said something really stupid


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
I really don't know what the upside of Bob Stoops to the Bears(or any NFL team) would be to be honest. You can't recruit in the NFL, you can't browbeat players with your bravado, and Stoops is a defensive guy, so it's not like we are getting a brilliant offensive mind to foster the development of Trubiski.

Pass.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group