It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 53974
Location: To the left of my post
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'm convinced. Let him move up in class and if the starting defense shreds him, put him back down.
No need to rush it. He clearly passes Sanchez on the depth chart though.


Yeah but Sanchez played better than Glennon too. :lol:
:lol:

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:34 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 59887
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
The fucking punter played better than Glennon.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29053
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Glennon completed twice as many passes as Sanchez despite having 3 dropped.

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Posts: 8017
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Palermo's
Former players' praise for Trubisky:

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/1 ... son-debut/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Posts: 9245
pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
How bad is Denver's back up D that they make a Bears 1st round pick look good? Pathetic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:55 pm
Posts: 14583
pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Glennon completed twice as many passes as Sanchez despite having 3 dropped.


Don't forget his pass to Chris Harris--that can be added to his completion total as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 59887
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Glennon completed twice as many passes as Sanchez despite having 3 dropped.


Don't forget his pass to Chris Harris--that can be added to his completion total as well.
Well then Cutler is a Hall of Famer if we add all of those completions, yards, and TDs to his numbers!

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 13837
Guys we been down this road before. We always play the guy who was chosen to start.

FUCK THAT. LET THE BEST MAN PLAY. TRUBISKI IS IN.

_________________

Dollar a day keeps a baby away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: What buisness is it of yours, where I'm from
pizza_Place: Tombstone
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
He looks fast enough to run the option. He throws on the run as well as Rodgers. He has the poise of Tom Brady. He has the arm of Dan Marino.


What is the comparable for his arm strength? Honest question, I don't how he rates in raw throwing strength.





Marino's big thing was his quick release/accuracy combo. He had a strong arm too -but his release was his claim to fame.


Even tho Mitch was playing against back ups it was nice to see a lot of those intangibles like the quick release, throwing accurately on the run and so on. The kid looks fine to me but there were some things that showed his being green too. He locked on to receivers after the snap quite a bit and his mechanics broke down a few times as well. All that is teachable and will get better with reps and so on tho.


I remember talking about this on draft night with some of you guys -no point in drafting a guy this high you don't think can start right away. I haven't changed my view on that, not to mention Glennon looks awful. He takes forever to set up and throw I'm beside myself how anyone could have ever watched film on him and said afterwards 'that's our guy'. Pace is a damn idiot for paying this kid what he did.

_________________
If the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 15244
pizza_Place: A few...
NME wrote:
Pace is a damn idiot for paying this kid what he did.


They have to spend so much money every year. And it was apparent they weren't paying what the big name FA's wanted or the big name FA's weren't coming to Chicago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 7042
Location: France
pizza_Place: Baranabyis
To criticize the Glennon signing is to also be against the process of finding a new QB for the Bears.

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
When you can't move the Cubs to Rosemont, move Rosemont to the Cubs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 7042
Location: France
pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Glennon is also on a one year deal, so who really gives a shit. If anything it's a nice place to "store" cap space they'll be better off using next season.

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
When you can't move the Cubs to Rosemont, move Rosemont to the Cubs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: What buisness is it of yours, where I'm from
pizza_Place: Tombstone
America wrote:
To criticize the Glennon signing is to also be against the process of finding a new QB for the Bears.





Criticizing a poor signing is not at all mutually exclusive with being against the Bears trying to find a QB -it's just calling something for what it is.


That's like saying you had the love Cutler or you are/were against the Bears finding a QB.

_________________
If the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: What buisness is it of yours, where I'm from
pizza_Place: Tombstone
America wrote:
Glennon is also on a one year deal, so who really gives a shit. If anything it's a nice place to "store" cap space they'll be better off using next season.




He's taking reps another more important highly drafted player should most likely be getting. That may or may not turn out to be a big deal -but it's at least a small example of the signing being a poor one.

_________________
If the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 53974
Location: To the left of my post
NME wrote:
America wrote:
Glennon is also on a one year deal, so who really gives a shit. If anything it's a nice place to "store" cap space they'll be better off using next season.




He's taking reps another more important highly drafted player should most likely be getting. That may or may not turn out to be a big deal -but it's at least a small example of the signing being a poor one.
It is the opposite in my opinion. He was there to make sure Mitch only played when ready. If Glennon sucks that is a problem.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: What buisness is it of yours, where I'm from
pizza_Place: Tombstone
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
NME wrote:
America wrote:
Glennon is also on a one year deal, so who really gives a shit. If anything it's a nice place to "store" cap space they'll be better off using next season.




He's taking reps another more important highly drafted player should most likely be getting. That may or may not turn out to be a big deal -but it's at least a small example of the signing being a poor one.
It is the opposite in my opinion. He was there to make sure Mitch only played when ready. If Glennon sucks that is a problem.




I'm not buying this seeing that its been put out there that Pace wasn't even thinking about Trubisky when the Glennon signing occurred. I think that came along later on. I think all we've really learned about Pace with the Glennon signing (and to some extent with the Trubisky trade and the Floyd trade a year earlier) is that he is willing to overpay for 'his guy' even if that guy isn't any good.

In any event, if Glennon turns out to be horrible from day 1, there is no excuse for going out and bidding against yourself to drive up the price of this guy like they did and then ultimately signing him. That is just bad stacked on top of bad. As someone who is supposed to be able to identify talent in Pace -and theres plenty of tape on Glennon out there to do that- you cant bring a guy like this in for 17million who sucks out loud and expect not to be called on that.

_________________
If the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 53974
Location: To the left of my post
NME wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
NME wrote:
America wrote:
Glennon is also on a one year deal, so who really gives a shit. If anything it's a nice place to "store" cap space they'll be better off using next season.




He's taking reps another more important highly drafted player should most likely be getting. That may or may not turn out to be a big deal -but it's at least a small example of the signing being a poor one.
It is the opposite in my opinion. He was there to make sure Mitch only played when ready. If Glennon sucks that is a problem.




I'm not buying this seeing that its been put out there that Pace wasn't even thinking about Trubisky when the Glennon signing occurred. I think that came along later on. I think all we've really learned about Pace with the Glennon signing (and to some extent with the Trubisky trade and the Floyd trade a year earlier) is that he is willing to overpay for 'his guy' even if that guy isn't any good.

In any event, if Glennon turns out to be horrible from day 1, there is no excuse for going out and bidding against yourself to drive up the price of this guy like they did and then ultimately signing him. That is just bad stacked on top of bad. As someone who is supposed to be able to identify talent in Pace -and theres plenty of tape on Glennon out there to do that- you cant bring a guy like this in for 17million who sucks out loud and expect not to be called on that.

I mostly agree. The Glennon signing at best looks like an expensive but largely meaningless mistake.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 5944
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 5944
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
Quote:
Zach Zaidman‏Verified account
@ZachZaidman
Following
More
#Bears coach John Fox on Mitchell Trubisky hype: "First time we threw Tim Tebow out in Denver was pretty similar."


There you have it...Foxy is ready to get his paws on Mitch too, with his job on the line. #RIP Glennon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 5944
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
Foxy can start the rookie, and if the season is a mess he can point to being forced into using a rookie QB because the guy Pace signed, turned out to be a dud.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: What buisness is it of yours, where I'm from
pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:
Image





This is more fitting imo..



Image

_________________
If the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: What buisness is it of yours, where I'm from
pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:
Zach Zaidman‏Verified account
@ZachZaidman
Following
More
#Bears coach John Fox on Mitchell Trubisky hype: "First time we threw Tim Tebow out in Denver was pretty similar."


There you have it...Foxy is ready to get his paws on Mitch too, with his job on the line. #RIP Glennon.





Godamn Fox is fucking annoying -yeah John, aside from the fact Mitch has an NFL arm lol

_________________
If the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 42553
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Trubisky will be lucky to have the career of Tom Brady

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:32 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: What buisness is it of yours, where I'm from
pizza_Place: Tombstone
FavreFan wrote:
Trubisky will be lucky to have the career of Tom Brady




I'd say the same for Aaron Rodgers but he's most likely too old now to ever get that good..

_________________
If the rule you followed lead you to this, of what use was the rule?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 59887
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
FavreFan wrote:
Trubisky will be lucky to have the career of Tom Brady
I just hope he gets some Defensive Support.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 29053
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
Trubisky will be lucky to have the career of Tom Brady


:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." ~LBJ

https://youtu.be/56KYMMGudcU Eminem


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 5944
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
Heard Mitch had Kyle Long thrown out of practice today. #Leadership.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:40 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 59887
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
#BobIsWrongAgain

Quote:
John Fox sent Kyle Long to locker room during practice for two skirmishes he was involved in. "That's not how we operate," Fox said.

"There's a certain standard we have and it's something we weren't very pleased with," coach John Fox said after practice. "I haven't had a chance to visit with him yet, but it's something that we'll handle it internally."

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 5944
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
That's not what my sources told me, Flapjacks. It was all Mitch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Must Start...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 59887
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Your sources are wrong and you are stupid.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group