It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: The Lightfoot Dome!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I hope they give specifics on how they are going to address the traffic and parking problem, which seemingly will only get worse with a larger-capacity stadium.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:03 am 

a genius wrote:
I hope they give specifics on how they are going to address the traffic and parking problem, which seemingly will only get worse with a larger-capacity stadium.

Arlington Heights will be turned into a parking lot with shuttles.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 am 

Brick wrote:
a genius wrote:

Arlington Heights will be turned into a parking lot with shuttles.

I thought it was going to be a migrant camp? Or will they temporarily relocate them on game days? Actually there will be room for both :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:10 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
a genius wrote:

I don't expect a lot of specifics today. We could get some Peak Bears out of this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:12 am 

It's got to be a rough morning for the AH school board today. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:13 am 

All kinds of fingerpointing happening on the various Arlington Heights Facebook groups :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:31 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
a genius wrote:
All kinds of fingerpointing happening on the various Arlington Heights Facebook groups :lol:

The locals I've talked to were similarly against it. Different crowds, maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Curious Hair wrote:
a genius wrote:

I can walk to the site, I'm all for it if the Bears pay the current compromise property tax. Anything less than that, they can pound sand. The only plausible explanation for buying that much land for $197 million and then walking away from the site over less than 1% of the total project cost is they could never afford to build it and didn't figure that out until recently. Otherwise they're not a serious organization. If they're real strategy in this entire saga is truly property tax avoidance, then this is the final f u to fans from the McCaskeys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Ricky11Slade wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
a genius wrote:

I can walk to the site, I'm all for it if the Bears pay the current compromise property tax. Anything less than that, they can pound sand. The only plausible explanation for buying that much land for $197 million and then walking away from the site over less than 1% of the total project cost is they could never afford to build it and didn't figure that out until recently. Otherwise they're not a serious organization. If they're real strategy in this entire saga is truly property tax avoidance, then this is the final f u to fans from the McCaskeys.

That’s exactly why I don’t believe a thing until they start construction in the city.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 am 

Ricky11Slade wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
a genius wrote:

Well when the city offers a better deal it may be time to lower the property taxes on the billion dollar stadium they will build and the massive revenue from that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:08 am 

Brick wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
a genius wrote:

Well when the city offers a better deal it may be time to lower the property taxes on the billion dollar stadium they will build and the massive revenue from that.

Can you game this out in specifics then. How low would the property taxes have to go to actually satisfy the Bears? The school districts get the property tax money from the AH site, not Arlington Heights. What could AH offer the Bears? The Bears are actually offering the city $2.5 billion to build there. What does the city need to offer them when they're offering themselves? Make some sense of how this works.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
a genius wrote:

The people I talk to it's a mixed bag. Neighbors (I live less than a mile) are generally for it but at least some with trepedation over traffic and taxes. As an STH initially I was gung-ho but my enthusiasm has since waned. I don't relish the idea of purchasing PSLs and the ticket prices keep increasing so them staying in the city would give me a good excuse to give up the tickets and iinstead just purchase a game or two each year, perhaps on the road, especially with the growth of international games.

If it does turn out to be Arlington then, depending on the cost of the PSLs, the decision could get tougher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 am 

a genius wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
a genius wrote:

The people I talk to it's a mixed bag. Neighbors (I live less than a mile) are generally for it but at least some with trepedation over traffic and taxes. As an STH initially I was gung-ho but my enthusiasm has since waned. I don't relish the idea of purchasing PSLs and the ticket prices keep increasing so them staying in the city would give me a good excuse to give up the tickets and iinstead just purchase a game or two each year, perhaps on the road, especially with the growth of international games.

If it does turn out to be Arlington then, depending on the cost of the PSLs, the decision could get tougher.

What do you think it will do to your property value?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:35 am 

This wont be built on the lake front.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:55 am 

Ricky11Slade wrote:
Brick wrote:
Ricky11Slade wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
a genius wrote:

Can you game this out in specifics then. How low would the property taxes have to go to actually satisfy the Bears? The school districts get the property tax money from the AH site, not Arlington Heights. What could AH offer the Bears? The Bears are actually offering the city $2.5 billion to build there. What does the city need to offer them when they're offering themselves? Make some sense of how this works.

$90 million like the Bears want. Done.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:59 am 

nevermind

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13