It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fire Shane Waldron
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:34 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Interesting to hear Thayer agree with me that they should give Pryor a look at guard, much bigger guy that should at least hold up at the point of attack.

This would be the week to tinker, Colts do not have anywhere near the talent at DE and DT the Bears have faced in the first two weeks.

Buckner just went on IR. They definitely will be a downgrade from the first two weeks. I want to see no less than 25 rushes and if its working, just run it down their throats all day. Bears have more than enough talent at RB to do that and the OL has done it in the past (except for Sheldon). Run right between the guard and tackle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:22 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Interesting to hear Thayer agree with me that they should give Pryor a look at guard, much bigger guy that should at least hold up at the point of attack.

This would be the week to tinker, Colts do not have anywhere near the talent at DE and DT the Bears have faced in the first two weeks.

Buckner just went on IR. They definitely will be a downgrade from the first two weeks. I want to see no less than 25 rushes and if its working, just run it down their throats all day. Bears have more than enough talent at RB to do that and the OL has done it in the past (except for Sheldon). Run right between the guard and tackle

Seems like a familiar game plan to the one I watched on Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
Bears have more than enough talent at RB

Do they though?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Bears have more than enough talent at RB

Do they though?

Depends what for? To be a mediocre NFL team that wins eight-ish games? Sure, they have more than enough running back talent to stay out of the basement (as in if they finish last place in the North it will be because of their deficiencies elsewhere).

But no, it’s not good enough for an actually good & meaningfully competitive NFL team. The depth is there but Swift is not on that level as the number one back. He wasn’t for Philly last year and he won’t be that for the Bears this year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:21 pm 

He’s no Josh Jacobs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:25 pm 

I know you guys don't follow the NFL but Herbert has a 4.8 YPC over 368 carries and Swift went to the pro bowl last year

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Center repeatedly gets pancaked.

Right guard routinely is an idiot.

Swift routinely goes off script.

It's all bad. They've got to, got to pick someone up off someone's bench. This could go very sideways and ruin Williams.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
He says Caleb has done a great job with what he's been asked to do.

Has he been asked to be terrible at football?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:44 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
He says Caleb has done a great job with what he's been asked to do.

Has he been asked to be terrible at football?

I think the approach is solid.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
City of Fools wrote:

It's all bad. They've got to, got to pick someone up off someone's bench. This could go very sideways and ruin Williams.

They’ve got Swift, Herbert, and Roschon.. plenty of depth and talent at the position. People are panicking a little bit too much here imo. I’d agree that the O-line is bad -it’s been bad for years now- but I think there’s other things at play too compounding the issues. Rookie QB, everyone’s 1st year in this offense, Coordinator can’t seem to settle on the right personnel, and they just played a team that may wind up having a top-5 defense by the end of the year.

It’s too early imo to want to tear everything down. This thing needs more time. It sucks to have to sit thru this yet again, but it needs more time to fully develop. My prediction prior to the season was 8-9 games into the season before things would look better/consistent.. I’m sticking with that. I felt they’d be 4-4 around that point and they’re still on track for that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

NME wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

They’ve got Swift, Herbert, and Roschon.. plenty of depth and talent at the position. People are panicking a little bit too much here imo. I’d agree that the O-line is bad -it’s been bad for years now- but I think there’s other things at play too compounding the issues. Rookie QB, everyone’s 1st year in this offense, Coordinator can’t seem to settle on the right personnel, and they just played a team that may wind up having a top-5 defense by the end of the year.

It’s too early imo to want to tear everything down. This thing needs more time. It sucks to have to sit thru this yet again, but it needs more time to fully develop. My prediction prior to the season was 8-9 games into the season before things would look better/consistent.. I’m sticking with that. I felt they’d be 4-4 around that point and they’re still on track for that.

I agree that it will be midseason before we have a solid idea of what the identity of the offense really is. I think that's true for most teams, though, not just a young team like the Bears. The elimination of training camp two-a-days and the reduction of hitting in practices significantly constricts the ability of offenses to prepare for the regular season. That said, Waldron has already made some very curious decisions, which makes me question his potential to be a high-level NFL coordinator. We need to start seeing a few plays that the Bears can consistently execute well, and we're nowhere close to that point yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:46 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

I agree that it will be midseason before we have a solid idea of what the identity of the offense really is. I think that's true for most teams, though, not just a young team like the Bears. The elimination of training camp two-a-days and the reduction of hitting in practices significantly constricts the ability of offenses to prepare for the regular season. That said, Waldron has already made some very curious decisions, which makes me question his potential to be a high-level NFL coordinator. We need to start seeing a few plays that the Bears can consistently execute well, and we're nowhere close to that point yet.

that's a lot of words that seem to indicate potential better days. I'm not seeing things getting any better with the O Line and I could see it getting much worse. The only reprieve would be some sort of aquisition.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

that's a lot of words that seem to indicate potential better days. I'm not seeing things getting any better with the O Line and I could see it getting much worse. The only reprieve would be some sort of aquisition.

Five sentences is a lot of words? You must have the attention span of lint.

Williams was very good last week against a four-man front. When the defense blitzed, he struggled. This was partially due to Houston's physical dominance, partially due to poor technique by the offensive line, partially due to assignment mixups by the line and skill position players, and partially due to errors by Williams. All of these problems are (theoretically at least) temporary, thereby suggesting there's some hope for the offense.

Was that short enough for ya?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Tall Midget wrote:

Williams was very good last week against a four-man front. When the defense blitzed, he struggled. This was partially due to Houston's physical dominance, partially due to poor technique by the offensive line, partially due to assignment mixups by the line and skill position players, and partially due to errors by Williams. All of these problems are (theoretically at least) temporary, thereby suggesting there's some hope for the offense.

He was OK to start that game. “Very good” is scoring touchdowns and driving the ball quickly. Big gains and fast scores. He made a few decent plays but nothing that moved the ball downfield and certainly never strung anything together into a big touchdown drive. Brief flashes of average play interspersed with mediocrity and catastrophe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Tall Midget wrote:

Agreed. And basically what I’m thinking too. Lots of moving parts to this stuff not working, and alot of it is stuff that requires more time to work out.

Now if it was year 2 of Williams and Waldron and we were seeing this (like with Getsy and Fields)? Then yeah, we’ve got to start having a different conversation altogether for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:20 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

slow down, I can't write that fast.