It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Grossman will look average at best but throw one great long bomb to a receiver who will then be put up on a huge pedestal as the new potential number one.

There will be little to no running game success again.

Griese will look really good again and even if he's just okay, the media will do their best to continue the whole quarterback controversy angle.

Danieal Manning will do a nice job at safety, make a couple of big hits, and have one interception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bears recievers looked better then expected in the first half. However, they might all be dead soon if Rex throws all of his passes high, especially over the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Grossman doesn't look comfortable, moving his feet to much and to many high passes. He can correct that though. And I expect quite a few dropped passes, I was more suprised by some of the ones they caught.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Everybody raving about Rasheed Davis but he dropped 2 balls today. He's a below average receiver in this league. Don't get fooled by the few balls he catches he'll let you down more on Sundays then he'll help you. Nice return by him but I think Hester the better option on kick offs.

I think you give Grossman the first 4 regular season games. We can be 3-1 with him having sub par games. We did it all of last year with Orton. But if we are 3-1 and he's struggling I can see Lovie making a move to Griese. That might sound strange to you but I can see Lovie doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:55 am 

Beardown wrote:
Everybody raving about Rasheed Davis but he dropped 2 balls today. He's a below average receiver in this league. Don't get fooled by the few balls he catches he'll let you down more on Sundays then he'll help you. Nice return by him but I think Hester the better option on kick offs.

I think you give Grossman the first 4 regular season games. We can be 3-1 with him having sub par games. We did it all of last year with Orton. But if we are 3-1 and he's struggling I can see Lovie making a move to Griese. That might sound strange to you but I can see Lovie doing that.

He did give the ball to Grossman when Orton stumbled them into the playoffs. So, yeah if Grossman stumbles them to a 3-1 record Lovie has no issues of making the controversial move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Here's my concern for the Bears if the decision would be, "Well give Grossman the first four games." The first four games have more meaning than the other reg season games. They start off with three division games. Then they play Seattle. The Seattle game could be huge if the Bears do have a good record come the end of the year and they are trying to lock up a home game or even home field. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:00 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Grossman continues to struggle with inaccuracy and reads. He had a wide open receiver over the middle on the interception. Had the pass been complete, it would have been a nice gain and may have broken for a TD. On another long pass (down the right sideline) he again threw into tight coverage while completely ignoring a wide open receiver on the left sideline. I'm sure there were other misreads, but these were the obvious ones. Right now, Grossman is not reading defenses well enough to be called a legitimate NFL quarterback. His bad decisions will undercut the defense and lose games for the team--unless he shows rapid improvement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:11 am 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Here's my concern for the Bears if the decision would be, "Well give Grossman the first four games." The first four games have more meaning than the other reg season games. They start off with three division games. Then they play Seattle. The Seattle game could be huge if the Bears do have a good record come the end of the year and they are trying to lock up a home game or even home field. Just a thought.

I think even with a bad quarterback you can win those first three, however I still think if Grossman looks like shit, even if your winning after 2 weeks a change might be needed. That 4th game against Seattle could be huge.