It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Are there still people on the Cutler bandwagon?
Some said he looked sharp yesterday!

You can not like someone and still admit to them doing well when it's appropriate. I can't stand Aaron Rodgers and hope he chokes to death on his bf's dick, but he's still a great QB.

Cutler looked ok -not great or anything- in the 1st half. He looked shell shocked in the 2nd half and played pretty terrible imo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Cutler was horrible. What fucking game were some of you watching? Mother fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Jay Cutler: the man who has been let down by his coach, coordinators, line, runningbacks, and receivers in every game since 2009.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Jay Cutler: the man who has been let down by his coach, coordinators, line, runningbacks, and receivers in every game since 2009.

Football Quintana, except at least Quintana still has dumbass fans who defend him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:17 pm 

Best QB in Bears history.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Douchebag wrote:

no offense to our esteemed colleague but that is truly being the tallest midget.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Douchebag wrote:

True, but I'd say there are 12 QB's playing right now that would be the greatest in Bears history if given the same playing time.
Rogers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, Rivers, Romo, Luck, Wilson, Newton, Palmer, Eli, Stafford.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:34 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

True, but I'd say there are 12 QB's playing right now that would be the greatest in Bears history if given the same playing time.
Rogers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Brady, Rivers, Romo, Luck, Wilson, Newton, Palmer, Eli, Stafford.

I don't know, the only guys on that list that I think would have made significant difference are Rogers, Roethlisberger and Brady. I think they at least make it to the Superbowl that year that Jay lost to GB at home with one of those three guys.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Douchebag wrote:

Yet also somehow one of the worst. Schrodinger's QB.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:55 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I don't know, the only guys on that list that I think would have made significant difference are Rogers, Roethlisberger and Brady. I think they at least make it to the Superbowl that year that Jay lost to GB at home with one of those three guys.

Do those 3 play in the second half with an MCL sprain?

My point was more at any given time, 1/3 the NFL would be the greatest in bears history.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:58 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

My point was more at any given time, 1/3 the NFL would be the greatest in bears history.

Yeah, it was a low bar to pass to become the greatest in Bears history. I just don't know who does appreciably better. I mean, do Rivers, Stafford or Palmer get you anything more than what Cutler has?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:59 pm 

McMahon > Cutler. Unless losing is your thing

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:00 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Yeah, it was a low bar to pass to become the greatest in Bears history. I just don't know who does appreciably better. I mean, do Rivers, Stafford or Palmer get you anything more than what Cutler has?

Stafford is similar to Cutler in that he is mistake-prone and just always seems to come up short. He puts up way more numbers, though.

Rivers and Palmer (in his prime)? Absolutely. I'm not saying they win a SB, but you have a real good shot when their defense was still very good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:01 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I just don't know who does appreciably better. I mean, do Rivers, Stafford or Palmer get you anything more than what Cutler has?
Yes, and by a significant margin.

A lot of people thought that Stafford was a function of playing with Calvin Johnson but Stafford probably dispels that this year.

Rivers is a potential hall of famer.

Palmer has been a "bust" that has far outperformed Cutler too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I just don't know who does appreciably better. I mean, do Rivers, Stafford or Palmer get you anything more than what Cutler has?
Yes, and by a significant margin.

A lot of people thought that Stafford was a function of playing with Calvin Johnson but Stafford probably dispels that this year.

Rivers is a potential hall of famer.

Palmer has been a "bust" that has far outperformed Cutler too.

Palmer has been oft-injured, but there were a couple years where Cincinnati lit it up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Stafford is just as shitty with Cutler, but has the weird sidearm motion instead of the "gunslinger" bs from Cutler but they both aren't winning you anything. Rivers and Palmer are both demonstrably better QB's than those other two jamokes.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:04 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Stafford is just as shitty with Cutler, but has the weird sidearm motion instead of the "gunslinger" bs from Cutler but they both aren't winning you anything. Rivers and Palmer are both demonstrably better QB's than those other two jamokes.

You are a smart man.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:05 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Stafford is demonstrably better than Cutler as well.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Stafford is demonstrably better than Cutler as well.

Cutler sucks. Stafford sucks also. I don't want to debate the relative merits of their general sucktitude, but they are both higher than you need to be a good QB of a competent team in the NFL

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:10 pm 

Jay Cutler has never had as close to a year as Stafford had in 2015, and that wasn't even Stafford's best year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:15 pm 

I'm not comparing Cutler to Rivers as in who is better. I agree that Rivers is better, I just don't know what more you get. A couple of first round wild card playoff exits? Does that move the needle for you? A shitty draft pick and false hope. We had that with Orton and Grossman. I think it takes one of the generational talents at QB or a very well run organization. The bears don't have either and don't look to in the future either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:21 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'm not comparing Cutler to Rivers as in who is better. I agree that Rivers is better, I just don't know what more you get. A couple of first round wild card playoff exits? Does that move the needle for you? A shitty draft pick and false hope. We had that with Orton and Grossman. I think it takes one of the generational talents at QB or a very well run organization. The bears don't have either and don't look to in the future either.
The Bears were good but not great before Cutler. I'd say adding Rivers over Cutler would have let them be good.

I think you just really underestimate just how much it hurts to have a quarterback paid at or near the top of the league with league average results.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:25 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think you just really underestimate just how much it hurts to have a quarterback paid at or near the top of the league with league average results.

Maybe. I just think even if Cutler played up to the level of a Rivers/Palmer/Stafford it wouldn't have made much of a difference overall. I don't know if Elway/Marino/Montana would have made a difference for the Bears under Emery/Trestman.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:27 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Maybe. I just think even if Cutler played up to the level of a Rivers/Palmer/Stafford it wouldn't have made much of a difference overall. I don't know if Elway/Marino/Montana would have made a difference for the Bears under Emery/Trestman.

Brian Hoyer is the way!

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:38 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He played for Lovie longer, and they had good defenses those years. They might have done more with a guy like Rivers. I think they probably would have beaten GB in the NFC Championship.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:46 pm 

I always thought the error with cutler was building an offense around him. His game doesn't lead to major improvements with better personal. You put him on a dominant defense that doesn't care about a short field and turnovers. I would have liked to have seen him during the Rex years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:47 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He played for Lovie longer, and they had good defenses those years. They might have done more with a guy like Rivers. I think they probably would have beaten GB in the NFC Championship.

I agree with that. They would have probably made that superbowl and gotten wang whipped by Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think if Todd Collins was not on the roster, they beat GB.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:37 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I think if Todd Collins was not on the roster, they beat GB.

Wasn't that Caleb Hanie that came in and threw the BJ Raji pick 6?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He did, but they wasted 6 plays with Collins. You hold GB to 21 points at home, and you'd better win.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next