It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Mitch has always been a "project" considering he was one of the least experienced college QB's ever. The odds are he will not be a good QB in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
There are many QB's who have entered the NFL with less NCAA starting experience than Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. For one, the GOAT.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Dolphin dropping the knowledge that QB play is very important in today's NFL.

Well, Mope Francis, it seems that the knowledge wasn’t apparent to all bears fans from my observations of the heightened expectations over the weekend

This guy gets it.

Nobody outside of Chicago is talking 12-4 with this team :lol:

They should've been.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Dolphin dropping the knowledge that QB play is very important in today's NFL.

Well, Mope Francis, it seems that the knowledge wasn’t apparent to all bears fans from my observations of the heightened expectations over the weekend

This guy gets it.

Nobody outside of Chicago is talking 12-4 with this team :lol:

They should've been.

:D

SOLID catch

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm 

Now that the draft is over, this is still reality.

I am bullish on Mitch but he still has a lot of work ahead of him. This has to be a big step year. If not, QB becomes a priority in next year's draft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
good dolphin wrote:
Now that the draft is over, this is still reality.

I am bullish on Mitch but he still has a lot of work ahead of him. This has to be a big step year. If not, QB becomes a priority in next year's draft.

Could not agree more.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yup. As good as the offense was last year, that entire side of the ball needs to take a big step forward. Anthony Miller, Mitch, Kyle Long, whoever is the RB, all need to make some major progress and/or stay healthy in 2019.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yup. As good as the offense was last year, that entire side of the ball needs to take a big step forward. Anthony Miller, Mitch, Kyle Long, whoever is the RB, all need to make some major progress and/or stay healthy in 2019.

I still think that their offensive line is the weak link and they should be looking into shoring it up with better tackles. Also, they have to get a better idea of how to incorporate Cohen into the offense as well as the tight end.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Plenty of weapons this year so there are no excuses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:12 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I still think that their offensive line is the weak link and they should be looking into shoring it up with better tackles. Also, they have to get a better idea of how to incorporate Cohen into the offense as well as the tight end.

That ship has sailed. The tackles are both under 30 and signed to long term contracts. These are your guys for the foreseeable future.

I thought the tackles played better last year. They will always need help but I think they are league average quality.

It is my belief that the ills heaped on Howard were more correctly directed at the line. They became great at pass blocking but it seem to atrophy their previously great run blocking.

Cohen caught 71 passes last year. He's incorporated just fine. I expect the TE will collectively catch 100 receptions this year.

I want a blocking TE!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I don't want to dismiss O line concerns because a good line is important and a great one is a luxury. With all of that the game seems to have changed. With the designs and timing of all the passing it does not seem a requirement for success is vintage Orlando Pace or Joe Thomas.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

That ship has sailed. The tackles are both under 30 and signed to long term contracts. These are your guys for the foreseeable future.

I thought the tackles played better last year. They will always need help but I think they are league average quality.

It is my belief that the ills heaped on Howard were more correctly directed at the line. They became great at pass blocking but it seem to atrophy their previously great run blocking.

Cohen caught 71 passes last year. He's incorporated just fine. I expect the TE will collectively catch 100 receptions this year.

I want a blocking TE!

100 catches at TE?

No way. Unless they make the TE a block and release safety valve...then maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
My unprofessional opinion is that I think the TEs loses a lot of checkdown catches when Mitch just decides to run instead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:58 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I want a blocking TE!

100 catches at TE?

They had 90+ targets last year with really only one viable option.

Kelce had 103 receptions in the most closely similar offense.

I think Nagy WANTS to get it to the TE more than he did.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
KDdidit wrote:
My unprofessional opinion is that I think the TEs loses a lot of checkdown catches when Mitch just decides to run instead.

Didn't he run less after the injury last year.

The offense seemed less dynamic when he returned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I want a blocking TE!

100 catches at TE?

They had 90+ targets last year with really only one viable option.

Kelce had 103 receptions in the most closely similar offense.

I think Nagy WANTS to get it to the TE more than he did.

Too bad we don't have a TE who closely resembles Kelce.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Expecting this guy to be a top 5 type QB is unfair to him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mitch doesn't necessarily have to be a top 5 QB for the Bears to win a Super Bowl or two.

He does have to take a good step forward and play better than he did last year. He showed signs he was capable of this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:19 pm 

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is progressing nicely as an NFL quarterback especially without a go get the ball bunch of receivers. The Bears receivers are, as a group, about a B- group and their tight ends as receivers are about C-. Now, they can win with this bunch but it sure would be nice to have a Marshall type guy that can go up and get the ball without the throw being perfectly laid in his hands.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
The Hawk wrote:
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is progressing nicely as an NFL quarterback especially without a go get the ball bunch of receivers. The Bears receivers are, as a group, about a B- group and their tight ends as receivers are about C-. Now, they can win with this bunch but it sure would be nice to have a Marshall type guy that can go up and get the ball without the throw being perfectly laid in his hands.

this is the lame but jay needs weapons excuse but re-packaged. you can't have an all-pro at every position. if you're a great QB then you make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

this is the lame but jay needs weapons excuse but re-packaged. you can't have an all-pro at every position. if you're a great QB then you make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Then why didn't Rodgers and why was McCarthy fired?

No chicken salad?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Then why didn't Rodgers and why was McCarthy fired?

No chicken salad?

any reasonable person would understand rodgers has elevated the talent around him, especially with WRs. none of the offensive players who've left GB via free agency have had sustainable success.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
KDdidit wrote:

Good point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:42 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I want a blocking TE!

I think that the tackles are the weak spot of the offense. They basically have to game plan around their inability to run block with gimmick type shit and/or dedicating tight end to help. When you have to use gimmicks to gain a short yard for a TD or a key first down, your tackles aren't very good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The Hawk wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I want a blocking TE!

I think that the tackles are the weak spot of the offense. They basically have to game plan around their inability to run block with gimmick type shit and/or dedicating tight end to help. When you have to use gimmicks to gain a short yard for a TD or a key first down, your tackles aren't very good.

If the QB could throw down field accurately, the tackles n run game wouldn't be an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:51 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

How many great quarterbacks are in the NFL now? Do you think that the Bear's receivers are a very good group? Do you think that our tight ends are better than average? And why do you throw in Cutler into the discussion? Cutler had better receivers than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had and he sucked as a quarterback. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, right now, is a much better qb than Cutler was.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The Hawk wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

How many great quarterbacks are in the NFL now? Do you think that the Bear's receivers are a very good group? Do you think that our tight ends are better than average? And why do you throw in Cutler into the discussion? Cutler had better receivers than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had and he sucked as a quarterback. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, right now, is a much better qb than Cutler was.

I would say he's a better teammate and person. Doesn't have the passing talent that Cutler had, but the athleticism and intangibles make him a better leader.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
They’re definitely gonna need to reinvest in the position shortly.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
They’re definitely gonna need to reinvest in the position shortly.

Agree.. he's not the guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:04 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Disagree.. Cutler was averagev@ best.. just like Mitch. Neither can throw the ball down field. Mitch is much more mobile though

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next