It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I've already said Fields is looking like a bust, but it's hilarious you can't take someone criticizing a FUCKING NFL WIDE RECIEVER for failing to catch FUCKING FOOTBALL that was IN HIS FUCKING HANDS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Cutler was probably the city's best QB. Low bar, I know.

Even worse for you, it is Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Let's hear your case. I don't see how it could be (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky since he was run out of town after three years of starting.

He was run out of town because he wasn't close to Mahomes or Masseuse. Pretty much whatever metric you want to use, he's better than Cutler was in Chicago. By now, I would have thought a guy like you would have peaked at the actual statistics.

I have taken a look, my friend. They won't be too kind to your position. Your contention about why he was run out of town is also quite flimsy and anti-data. Mahomes had nothing to do with it - he was run out of town for the same reason Tomlin benched him last week: he is too limited as a QB to be the guy. He is, as I've maintained, a quality backup. You would be very well-placed if he was your QB2.

The Ringer has Mitch as the 4th best QB in Bears history, just ahead of Kramer but behind Cutler, Harbaugh, and McMahon. This makes sense and the stats bear it out.

Quote:
4. Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky
Bears TD points: 43 (64, 3rd)
Bears wins points: 29
Career AV points: 30 (so far)
Bonus points: 10 (5 for his Pro Bowl, double for doing it on the Bears)
Total: 112
(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky’s Bears career will be remembered as a failure. Chicago had the second pick in the 2017 draft and famously took (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson, even though (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky seemed like the worst prospect of the three and certainly became the worst NFL player of the three. Over four seasons in Chicago, he never cracked the top 10 in any positive passing category, and led an offense that ranked among the bottom five in points scored twice. His greatest career achievement was probably being named “NVP” of last season’s wild-card loss to the Saints after Nickelodeon’s online fan vote was hijacked by people who thought it’d be funny to give the losing QB a slime bath. (Unfortunately, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky did not receive a slime bath.)

And yet, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is easily one of the most prolific passers in Bears history. He is fifth all time in QB wins (29) and touchdown passes (64); he has the highest passer rating (87.2) of anybody to start more than 10 games for the franchise. He is the only Bears quarterback to make a Pro Bowl in the past 30 years. And he would’ve won a playoff game if not for the Double Doink.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is so supremely frustrating for Bears fans not only because he represents a wasted opportunity for the franchise, but also because he was better than almost everyone else who has quarterbacked for Chicago over the past three decades. If only he had learned to throw left.

1. Jay Cutler
Bears TD points: 45 (154, 1st)
Bears wins points: 51
Career AV points: 44
Bonus points: 20 (5 for his Pro Bowl, 5 each for his Bears franchise records in passing yards, touchdowns, and wins)
Total: 160
It had to be Jay, didn’t it? Cutler was the embodiment of an average quarterback during his tenure in Chicago, with an occasional tendency to lead the NFL in interceptions. The Bears went exactly 51-51 in his 102 starts—52-52 including the playoffs. His career peaked before he even got to the team, as his lone Pro Bowl appearance and lone 4,000-yard season came during his final year with the Broncos.

But on Bears Mountain, being an average QB makes you a giant. He is Chicago’s all-time leader in touchdown passes (154), passing yards (23,443), and career wins. For a franchise perpetually mired in hideous battles between has-beens, journeymen, and future busts, Cutler started in Chicago for nearly a decade.

Cutler is inarguably the greatest Bears quarterback since their last Super Bowl appearance. That says more about the Bears than it does about Cutler. This is the bar that Justin Fields has to clear. I think he can do it.

You clearly haven't. Especially if you're comparing cumulative numbers.

Despite Cutler playing for the best coach and having the best offensive and defensive talent any Bears quarterback outside of J-Mac has seen, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has a better winning percentage. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had a far better touchdown to interception ratio, he completed a higher percentage of his passes, had a better quarterback rating, more rushing touchdowns, turned the ball over significantly less, had higher yards per attempt, and his playoff production was considerably better.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:34 am 

Nas wrote:
You clearly haven't. Especially if you're comparing cumulative numbers.

Despite Cutler playing for the best coach and having the best offensive and defensive talent any Bears quarterback outside of J-Mac has seen, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky has a better winning percentage. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had a far better touchdown to interception ratio, he completed a higher percentage of his passes, had a better quarterback rating, more rushing touchdowns, turned the ball over significantly less, had higher yards per attempt, and his playoff production was considerably better.

It depends on how you quantify the fact that Cutler played more games than any Bears QB by a huge margin.

Cutler played more years but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and Kramer had a better "best" season and Cutler's second best season was pretty average and the teams were pretty bad.

You could even make an argument that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was better than Cutler ever was both in 2018 and 2020.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Even Caller Bob could light it up if he had Alshon, Forte, Bennett, and Brandon Marshall to throw to each game, and Mitch had...Allen Robinson.

How many yards would Sid Luckman throw for with today's rules?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Fields had the benefit of the Vikings being up 21-3 yesterday. No way does Getsy throw that much if the score had been 10-3. Montgomery and Herbert combined for 31 yards on 16 carries which is brutal. I wonder what 'Riverboat Ron' will dial up on Thursday? With Rhule gone, Rivera might be the NFL coach on the hot seat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Augie wrote:
Fields had the benefit of the Vikings being up 21-3 yesterday. No way does Getsy throw that much if the score had been 10-3. Montgomery and Herbert combined for 31 yards on 16 carries which is brutal. I wonder what 'Riverboat Ron' will dial up on Thursday? With Rhule gone, Rivera might be the NFL coach on the hot seat.

The momentum definitely changed at the end of the first half. Fields was putting up his typically anemic numbers and was 2 for 6 with a fumble (which he recovered). The Vikings were up 21-3 and had 1st and 10 at their own 46 with less than three minutes in the half. They could have easily run out the clock at that point. Instead, for some reason Cousins goes into no huddle mode and throws a couple of incompletions (after completing everything to that point), and then takes a sack. The punt is shanked and to top it off there is a penalty on the Vikings, resulting in a 5-yard net punt, setting the Bears up at the 50. First play, Fields immediately hits Mooney on that ridiculous catch. From that point:

Bears TD
Vikings missed FG
Bears TD
Vikings missed FG
Bears FG
Viking interception
Bears FG

Talk about pissing your pants!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
I'd say a big issue is with Eberflus and the coaching staff in so far as how they prepare these guys at the start of the game.In every game thus far, both the offense and the defense gets overwhelmed by the opponent and basically spots them 10-14 points in the first half. The defense really plays soft in coverage to start the game and allow all the underneath and check-off passes to be caught. On offense, they are way too predictable on the first couple of series also. It is a bad prescription for winning games.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bears blocked a FG. Do they not get credit for that?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bears blocked a FG. Do they not get credit for that?

I admire the fact that thus far the Bears do not quit and bust their butt. The Special teams I think need help in their punt and kick-off returns. That should be pretty fixable, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bump

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Yoga is awfully tempting, but I'm gonna stick with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky per Big Ant Herron.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Poles and Pace.

Pace for Fields and Kmet.

Poles for the OL and WR corps.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Velus Jones.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:06 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Mully was blaming Poles on the postgame show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:35 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Blame fans. Who in their right mind doesn't turn it off after the helmet pass? I will now go check to see who won. I assume it's Warshington.

edit :lol: Nice bobble by Mooney.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'm in the middle on this one, meaning leaning 51% toward Fields sucked. But, that being said, his WRs did not help him out. Gotta catch the fucking ball. For what it's worth, Fields did put the team in position to win at the end of the game.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:20 am 

Also, not that it's worth celebrating, but the Bears lost this game because the GM's prized WR draft pick tried to catch a punt with his face.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The oline, receivers, and Fields equally contributed to Fields not being good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Fields killed 2 drives inside the 5 yard line in the first half that had nothing to do with play-calling or bad talent around him. They should have won that game easily.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I'd love to see a breakdown of Mitch's tds that came in garbage time..gotta be 35-40%.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
man of few opinions wrote:
Fields killed 2 drives inside the 5 yard line in the first half that had nothing to do with play-calling or bad talent around him. They should have won that game easily.

Yep!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:52 am 

312player wrote:
I'd love to see a breakdown of Mitch's tds that came in garbage time..gotta be 35-40%.
He only started 4 games where his team lost by 14 points or more. He had 3 touchdowns in those games. He only started 10 games where his team lost by more than 8. He had 8 touchdowns in those games.

So, 8 touchdowns out of 66 came in games they lost by more than one possession.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:54 am 

man of few opinions wrote:

Tired of the excuses for Fields. He has no feel for the game. He only throws to his WR when they are WIDE open, not NFL open. He is gun shy and has no confidence that he can hit the second option in his progressions. Until he says, fuck it and starts taking chances he is not going to improve.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:
He only started 4 games where his team lost by 14 points or more. He had 3 touchdowns in those games. He only started 10 games where his team lost by more than 8. He had 8 touchdowns in those games.

That doesn’t seem responsive to the point.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:04 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:

Unless we are holding it against him that he threw touchdowns in big wins(and we shouldn't) then when 12% of your overall touchdowns came in games you lost by more than 8 points then it's unlikely that 35-40% of your touchdowns came in what we would consider garbage time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:
312player wrote:

Unless we are holding it against him that he threw touchdowns in big wins(and we shouldn't) then when 12% of your overall touchdowns came in games you lost by more than 8 points then it's unlikely that 35-40% of your touchdowns came in what we would consider garbage time.

I’d need a full audit of when his offenses scored touchdowns to bring the Bears within 8 or 14 points in those losses.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Fast forward to :55 seconds.

Keyshawn is correct here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
No he isn’t. Watch it from this angle. He's immediately wide open after he chips. The ball is way overthrown. There was absolutely no reason to lead him or throw to a spot.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:23 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Its almost like we didnt watch the bad quarterback prior to this bad quarterback have an occasional decent game over 3 years and still be a bad quarterback .

Most gave the other guy around two years. Some seem inclined to give him two centuries. You've given Fields two quarters.

It’s funny because the people that think he’s going to be great are the ones basing it on about 2 quarters of football and not the other 40 where he’s sucked.

I don't get how people can be so down on Fields and ignore the fact that he is making some plays that only one or two quarterbacks in all of football can make. Did you see the two runs he had in that game yesterday? Did you see the kid get leveled on that touchdown pass?

In each game, the kid has been better. He's made mistakes as any quarterback does especially young guys. But if you want to be truthful about who to blame for that 7 points that they scored yesterday, I'd put it on the shoulders of the offensive coordinator. They should have scored at least 24 points in that game but they kept Fields in the pocket and went conservative calls in first and 2nd downs and on that 4th and goal play should have went with a QB sneak instead of giving the ball to Herbert(where was Montgomery?)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'm in the middle on this one, meaning leaning 51% toward Fields sucked. But, that being said, his WRs did not help him out. Gotta catch the fucking ball. For what it's worth, Fields did put the team in position to win at the end of the game.

Was it just me but that little pass to the TE which Fields overthrew the guy a bit. It looked like to me that the TE kind of hesitated on his route and had his back turned to the QB. I think a legitimate tight end makes that play 90% of the time at least. This game really did show how weak our receivers are as well as our special team guys. I've been mentioning all year about the return guys being bad and yesterday it cost the bear's a game with that muffed punt.

In two games in a row now special teams and bottom of the roster receivers have cost them two football games. Its obvious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next