It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eberflus and Getsy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Kmet and Claypool don't run the correct route.

Yep. Claypool ran the wrong route earlier in the game.

Fucked up as it may be, Kmet was still open. From what I gather, guys were open ALL OVER THE PLACE, ALL GAME. So maybe, just maybe, the OC doesn't double up on an elementary screen in crunch time if the QB had been AT LEAST semi-competent throughout the game.

I agree

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

If the Bears make the decision that they are going for the top pick, you have to fire Eberflus in season. You can't allow him to Lovie our chances.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He's lost 12 games in a role. I'd say he's doing just fine at losing :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Bears still have Arizona and Carolina on the schedule. We need losses against both of those teams.

The Arizona game is going to be a monumental struggle of incompetence.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:09 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Bears still have Arizona and Carolina on the schedule. We need losses against both of those teams.

And unfortunately they are both at home.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tall Midget wrote:

set the ball on the 50 yard line and let the game clock run for 60 minutes and both teams take the and-1 on their records

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:

I wouldn't worry. Excluding some of the Lovie years, if there is one thing the Bears have excelled at over the last 3+ decades, its being completely incompetent.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
That is true, Francis. But the Eberflus Bears are so bad they might even prove to be incompetent in their incompetence.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:11 am 

Braxton Jones to the IR and your guy Davis is back but your D-Coordinator is still M.I.A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:14 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Braxton Jones to the IR and your guy Davis is back but your D-Coordinator is still M.I.A.

The Iron Man goes down. Larry Borom is the next man up. Good luck with that!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: John's
You need to try Wright at LT, he was a top 10 pick after all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
You need to try Wright at LT, he was a top 10 pick after all.

Not if he's just going to be gone for 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:20 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Hoge and Jahns had a someone on from the Athletic on who supposedly talked to the Bucs HC and he supposedly told her they were worried about Fields running the ball so they schemed the D to limit his run lanes. Teams are just playing zone so they can keep an eye on Fields, now there should be and are tons of open areas for guys to fill which will lead to easy completions all day long. You also should have guys breaking open all day on crossing routes. Beating zone coverage is not rocket science, other teams are finding open guys whenever the Bears drop into zone, but your QB has to know where the opening are and get the ball out quickly to take advantage of the open areas.

So here is what should work, you roll Fields to his right, rely on your rookie RT who is already you best o lineman and your best blocking TE to seal the edge and give him a run option, you then give him a crosser at 5 yards for a pass option, you should get 3-5 yards easy every time and start running counters to keep the D honest.

Teams see the blueprint and are not going to play man because it gives Fields a look that even he sees as an obvious run look, the guy can only process simply reads, a guy wide open and throw, or if the DB turns his back in man to take off and run with the ball. Fields has shown he is not capable of much more than that and we have a pretty good amount of tape on him, so you either start to go with a Baltimore type offense with heavy run and TE packages and see what you can do to accentuate his known skills or let him and the team die as you try to force him to be a pocket QB. Baltimore has far superior talent on the offensive line and at TE, but the Bears paid Kmet and look to have a couple of rookies that might actually be able to play in Johnson and Wright.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Clawmaster wrote:
Hoge and Jahns had a someone on from the Athletic on who supposedly talked to the Bucs HC and he supposedly told her they were worried about Fields running the ball so they schemed the D to limit his run lanes. Teams are just playing zone so they can keep an eye on Fields, now there should be and are tons of open areas for guys to fill which will lead to easy completions all day long. You also should have guys breaking open all day on crossing routes. Beating zone coverage is not rocket science, other teams are finding open guys whenever the Bears drop into zone, but your QB has to know where the opening are and get the ball out quickly to take advantage of the open areas.

So here is what should work, you roll Fields to his right, rely on your rookie RT who is already you best o lineman and your best blocking TE to seal the edge and give him a run option, you then give him a crosser at 5 yards for a pass option, you should get 3-5 yards easy every time and start running counters to keep the D honest.

Teams see the blueprint and are not going to play man because it gives Fields a look that even he sees as an obvious run look, the guy can only process simply reads, a guy wide open and throw, or if the DB turns his back in man to take off and run with the ball. Fields has shown he is not capable of much more than that and we have a pretty good amount of tape on him, so you either start to go with a Baltimore type offense with heavy run and TE packages and see what you can do to accentuate his known skills or let him and the team die as you try to force him to be a pocket QB. Baltimore has far superior talent on the offensive line and at TE, but the Bears paid Kmet and look to have a couple of rookies that might actually be able to play in Johnson and Wright.

The better move is to cut Fields and find a real QB.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:51 pm 

Quite a revealing day at good old Halas Hall.

The DC had some significant issues, no wonder you see guys looking lost all over the field.

Your QB1 thinks your OC sucks and blames him for his inability to see wide open receivers, he wants to go back to what he did well last year which was not see wide open receivers and break a long run or two a game, the problem is that the league has adjusted and is simply playing zone to keep you from breaking long runs.

You HC looks overwhelmed and has been thoroughly outcoached in the first two weeks of the season, you see why now as you have major issues with your OC and DC.

The players look lost and confused, but you can see why given what we learned has been going on behind the scenes.

Do not see a way to fix the Fields relationship, you could fire Getsy, but who is going to come in and fix him, and if he is fixed why would he want to sign an extension here where he dislikes the coaching staff, he is a diminishing asset at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
He's lost 12 games in a role. I'd say he's doing just fine at losing :lol:

Nah, I'd role the dice and can him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:19 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Your QB1 thinks your OC sucks and blames him for his inability to see wide open receivers, he wants to go back to what he did well last year which was not see wide open receivers and break a long run or two a game

Good piece of writing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

After watching the Poles and Getsy press conference today, I think there is a near 0% chance this coaching staff doesn't return. They've all bought into Poles' long-term vision.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:28 pm 

Nas wrote:
After watching the Poles and Getsy press conference today, I think there is a near 0% chance this coaching staff doesn't return. They've all bought into Poles' long-term vision.

How many coaches have survived a 2 year span of 6-28 (giving them 3 wins this season, maybe they surprise us and go higher)? Of course, we are talking about the Bears...

The guy in Cleveland had 1 win in 2 years, and they brought him back for another year, but fired mid-season.
Any others?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

casual fan wrote:
Nas wrote:

How many coaches have survived a 2 year span of 6-28 (giving them 3 wins this season, maybe they surprise us and go higher)? Of course, we are talking about the Bears...

The guy in Cleveland had 1 win in 2 years, and they brought him back for another year, but fired mid-season.
Any others?

The Bengals coach wasn't far away from that. Poles knows what his plan was and the tools he's given Eberflus to work with.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:04 am 

Nas wrote:
casual fan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Any others?

The Bengals coach wasn't far away from that. Poles knows what his plan was and the tools he's given Eberflus to work with.

No 'culture' can survive this. I'm sure they're pulling out the "us against the world" routine right now. Might even work for a quarter or two before they start spinning like tops.

I'm pretty sure Davis and Fields aren't the only ones who don't want to be here.

Kinda funny now their rejection of Carter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:15 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
casual fan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Any others?

No 'culture' can survive this. I'm sure they're pulling out the "us against the world" routine right now. Might even work for a quarter or two before they start spinning like tops.

I'm pretty sure Davis and Fields aren't the only ones who don't want to be here.

Kinda funny now their rejection of Carter.

The Bengals did.

Why doesn't Davis want to be here?

"They didn't draft an offensive player until late in the 2nd round. They are serious about helping Fields!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:20 am 

My spidey sense says the HITS principle is a locker room joke.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
My spidey sense says the HITS principle is a locker room joke.

The name? Yes. The principle? Probably not.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:25 am 

The HITS crap is just something a guy that has not done anything and is not a real leader uses in an attempt to make himself sound or look organized and competent.

There are likely hundreds of business seminars going on right now featuring some grifter who has conned an organization into paying thousands of dollars for that person to talk to employees and "give them the tools to success", the problem is that the players can tell who can and who cannot coach, they already have figured out that Getsy cannot and have a strong suspicion they have known Eberflus is a fraud for a while because you see a Trestmanesque level of disengagement.

George has been incredibly successful in creating a culture at Halas Hall...a culture of losing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:29 am 

Every single locker room has some trite phrase they use. Take a look at Hard Knocks over the years. These coaches, no matter the level, are basically glorified gym teachers. Gym teachers love pithy phrases that they think motivate kids

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:41 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Every single locker room has some trite phrase they use. Take a look at Hard Knocks over the years. These coaches, no matter the level, are basically glorified gym teachers. Gym teachers love pithy phrases that they think motivate kids

We love slogans. They bring tribes together.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Cancun on 3!

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next