It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Pace Scorecard
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:22 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
This is looking like the second year in a row and three out of four years that Ryan Pace first and second round picks are not starters on Day 1. This despite picking in the top 10 each year.

That is abysmal. I don't care that he has found starters in each of those drafts after round 3. Those first two picks MUST be the backbone of your team.

What does Pace have to do with a contract holdout? He can't make the guy sign nor can he make The McClaskey Family TM accede to this kid's agent's demands.

excuses

He didn't have anything to do with White getting injured either. Maybe it is just bad luck but then, why do we want a guy with bad luck.

Anyway, Daniels, promised as a sure fire starter and worthy of first round consideration at the time of drafting, does not look like he will be a Day 1 starter on a middling OL. Instead Eric Kush will be holding the position.

So your response is no "excuses" and no "bad luck". Would you care to explain how an organization is supposed to interview to successfully suss out anyone with the "bad luck" attribute?

No, my response is that when the GM drafts in the top ten for four years and cannot produce a starter on Day 1 out of the first two rounds for three out of those four years, that person can no longer make an excuse or claim bad luck.

They were not in "win now" mode the past 2 years. Allowing a guy to gradually develop made sense.

Every year Jay Cutler was the QB was a win now season.

4 years is an eternity in the NFL where the roster turns over every three years

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:23 pm 

Top 10 picks need to be impact players immediately if you want to win Super Bowls

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Top 10 picks need to be impact players immediately if you want to win Super Bowls

Just as all first round picks need to play football on Sundays IMMEDIATELY.

good dolphin wrote:

This is definitely true. Yes....I would argue last season was a rebuild year. That being the case, John Fox should not have been the head coach. It also doesn't explain the 2 years of bad drafting and bad signings prior.

I'm really tired of the "trading up doesn't matter if the guy is a stud". Yes it does. He wasn't going to go anywhere else and you gave up a pick that could have made an immediate impact.

Ryan Pace's Report Card continues to be a C- or lower. it really feels like his first 2 seasons were a complete waste of time.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:40 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

good dolphin wrote:

This is definitely true. Yes....I would argue last season was a rebuild year. That being the case, John Fox should not have been the head coach. It also doesn't explain the 2 years of bad drafting and bad signings prior.

I'm really tired of the "trading up doesn't matter if the guy is a stud". Yes it does. He wasn't going to go anywhere else and you gave up a pick that could have made an immediate impact.

Ryan Pace's Report Card continues to be a C- or lower. it really feels like his first 2 seasons were a complete waste of time.

It seems like his entire Bear career has been treading water.

We are no further along on a rebuild than the day he took over.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This team is in a better position to win than it was when Pace arrived. He inherited an aging roster full of crap.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
This team is in a better position to win than it was when Pace arrived. He inherited an aging roster full of crap.

Yes. Sure we would love to do better in the first round. He has though hit on many 2-7 and added depth via FA to the Angelo and Subsequent shitshow roster.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:

Yeah, I feel like an apologist, but that is exactly my thought. But the counter that NFL franchises are turned around in a hurry is a fair opinion as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:04 pm 

Sporting news ranks Pace as 30th best GM

Dolphins and Redskins guys beneath him

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:06 pm 

Nas wrote:

name the pro bowl player on that top 10 defense

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Leonard Floyd

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Old Man Floyd is just waiting to dive headfirst into a brick wall first chance he gets. He'll be dead by week 5.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Leonard Floyd

Yeah.. Skinny ass Floyd might make 9 games this year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:15 pm 

This is the year he puts it all together

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Games?
Sacks?
Turnovers?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
FavreFan wrote:

Who? His orthopedic surgeon after the season?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:20 pm 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Games?
Sacks?
Turnovers?

Yup. Tackles too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 am 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Leonard Floyd

While I might agree with you on the speculation, I meant it in a more realized way.

OK, Pace inherited an aging roster full of crap. He now has a young roster overachieving more because of coaching/scheme than talent...and he is supposed to be the collector of talent.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
good dolphin wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

good dolphin wrote:

It seems like his entire Bear career has been treading water.

We are no further along on a rebuild than the day he took over.

If this holdout continues much longer, I'd give him a D as a GM. His number one picks have not turned out too well with the possible exception of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky who I have high hopes for.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
He inherited an aging roster full of crap.

Which explains why his drafting strategy hasn't made sense. He's needed to trade down to acquire more draft picks and more talent, but instead he has sacrificed picks to trade up in the draft. This team has few playmakers and even less depth. Pace's roster is a house of cards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Pace could go down to a D or an F due to this NoQuan Smith sitaution. They simply didn't do the research a freakin Bears blogger did.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2018/ ... t-nfl-2018

His actions then + CAA as reps should have been a HUGE red flag. Meanwhile the pick HE SHOULD HAVE MADE Tremaine Edmunds is tearing it up so far. He just keeps fucking up these 1st round picks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Caller Bob wrote:
Pace could go down to a D or an F due to this NoQuan Smith sitaution. They simply didn't do the research a freakin Bears blogger did.

His actions then + CAA as reps should have been a HUGE red flag. Meanwhile the pick HE SHOULD HAVE MADE Tremaine Edmunds is tearing it up so far. He just keeps fucking up these 1st round picks.

Wow, this guy sounds like someone who will be a constant pain in the butt. Now the Bears are going to war with their own draft pick LOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:

What he did to UCLA was a really SMART move. If the story about him wanting protection from acting like an ass on the field are true that would be a DUMB move. Right now I have no reason to believe that he is that dumb.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 pm 

He can be a players rights activist in Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 pm 

I dont even give a shit anymore. Kwiatkowski and Trevathan will be fine. The team is only going as far as (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can carry them anyways. Tell him he's got until Monday to decide if he really wants to be a martyr, and if he does announce that they're done with this distraction and are moving on. If he comes to his senses then figure it out right then and there.

He will be costing himself an immense amount of guaranteed money and perhaps his entire professional career deciding to call the Bears bluff. If he takes the year off it'll spook everyone (combined with the obvious worry that if he is desperate enough to sit out a season over this language then its very possible he has something to hide) and he could go undrafted. If he plays in Canada he risks getting hurt and that's it. Him and his agency are well aware of this and the Bears are playing nice with them not bringing it to this point.

The Bears will be fine. Bears fans aren't going anywhere. A top 10 bust is nothing for Bears fans to endure. Happens almost every year (lol). It'll look bad, people will be pissed and they'll catch some hell in the media because its so trendy to advocate players rights these days, but its the Chicago Bears. They are an institution. Time to flex some muscle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:17 pm 

I actually like him more after leveraging ucla, Bears just need to cave n sign this guy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
America wrote:
I dont even give a shit anymore. Kwiatkowski and Trevathan will be fine. The team is only going as far as (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky can carry them anyways. Tell him he's got until Monday to decide if he really wants to be a martyr, and if he does announce that they're done with this distraction and are moving on. If he comes to his senses then figure it out right then and there.

He will be costing himself an immense amount of guaranteed money and perhaps his entire professional career deciding to call the Bears bluff. If he takes the year off it'll spook everyone (combined with the obvious worry that if he is desperate enough to sit out a season over this language then its very possible he has something to hide) and he could go undrafted. If he plays in Canada he risks getting hurt and that's it. Him and his agency are well aware of this and the Bears are playing nice with them not bringing it to this point.

The Bears will be fine. Bears fans aren't going anywhere. A top 10 bust is nothing for Bears fans to endure. Happens almost every year (lol). It'll look bad, people will be pissed and they'll catch some hell in the media because its so trendy to advocate players rights these days, but its the Chicago Bears. They are an institution. Time to flex some muscle.

Like I said,the Bears should give this asshole a cutoff date. What's the difference if they lost him to this or if he cracked an ankle in practice? The NFL can give him money like he never dreamed and he's going to risk it all for some nickel and dime shit? Maybe there's a body somewhere with his DNA on it? WTF is he hiding??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
As a GM your 1st round draft picks have to be strong contributors from day one.

So far White is a bust. Floyd was undersized to begin with and is only a situational rusher. He's no Richard Dent. It's still early to tell on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but I think everyone would agree he is no superstar for being the 2nd pick overall. I have a big problem with Pace having taken a QB so high from North Carolina. The program lacks standing that it could produce a great QB. Plus, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky only played one full season for NC, making his football stock speculative at best. In reality, he should have gone high in the 2nd round. He's not a first- rounder. And there is no excuse for the Smith pick not working out this year, had Pace really done his homework on the guy.

Shaheen could be a great player for the Bears, but that's not enough to save Pace from a failing grade at this point. But we're stuck with him at least two more years, because he just brought in a new head coach, who is questionable as well.

Same old Bears clusterfuck. Pace should never have been hired to begin with, when they could have gotten a guy with proven GM experience.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
America wrote:

The Bears can't count on Trevathan given his injury problems. And while Kwiatkowski is a solid player, he simply isn't nearly as talented as Smith is.

The notion that the Bears would issue a contract ultimatum to Smith is pure fancy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:55 am 

Fuck him. They dont need him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 pm 

Grasu to be cut Monday, sounds like Whitehair is a better guard than center.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next