It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Fields Cult's disingenuous concern about the Bears being ready to win next year and a rookie quarterback needing time to develop should be flushed with their other excuses.

Fields cult? Members of the super-secret Facebook group will have to wary when passed a red Solo cup full of Orange Kool-Aid at the next gathering of the Nases.

If you think a rookie QB will not need time to learn and develop then you live on the very small island known as "QB 1 Finished Product Land", 99.9% of the island's residents are blind shut ins and can only listen to the Dany Parkins show, hey, that describes a significant portion of the board members here, hey Nas, what time does the next flight leave?

Nas is a desperate drowning man. A lottery ticket is the only thing keeping him afloat.

What's your solution, Pops?

I don't know admittedly. But most teams luck into a QB. Maybe if you go about building a grotesquely talented team, a QB will show up.

Fair enough. After 80 years of not having a QB, I think we're due to "luck" into one. Getting the top pick in the draft two years in a row could be that luck.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Fields Cult's disingenuous concern about the Bears being ready to win next year and a rookie quarterback needing time to develop should be flushed with their other excuses.

Fields cult? Members of the super-secret Facebook group will have to wary when passed a red Solo cup full of Orange Kool-Aid at the next gathering of the Nases.

If you think a rookie QB will not need time to learn and develop then you live on the very small island known as "QB 1 Finished Product Land", 99.9% of the island's residents are blind shut ins and can only listen to the Dany Parkins show, hey, that describes a significant portion of the board members here, hey Nas, what time does the next flight leave?

Nas is a desperate drowning man. A lottery ticket is the only thing keeping him afloat.

Yup, but I hear that the weather is fantastic on QB 1 Finished Product Land, and you can buy a ticket for a meet and greet at the Captain's table where you sip Kool-Aid with Nas and Dany Parkins, what's not to like about that scenario?

You of course have to sign the obligatory agreement not to make eye contact with or talk with the "talent", but that is standard when meeting such esteemed members of society.

There you go Nas, your Pod with Parkins will be called "The Captain's Table", makes it less sportsy and more general discussion which should generate millions, if not billions of likes/clicks/follows. You then turn that revenue into a purchase of WSCR which will be renamed WNAS, well maybe not that as the real Nas may have an issue with that, but maybe and agreement where you do the good ole' sports-a-roo in the daytime and play old rap at night, with your night DJ Les Turnstylestine.

Your welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Bears don't need to draft a "finished" product to find a QB who will quickly have a floor higher than Fields' average level of play.

Fields is NEVER going to be a good or very good passer from the pocket. He is NEVER going to throw with anticipation. And he is ALWAYS going to have an unnecessarily high sack rate. He is not a catalyst for success; he is a detriment to it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yup, but I hear that the weather is fantastic on QB 1 Finished Product Land, and you can buy a ticket for a meet and greet at the Captain's table where you sip Kool-Aid with Nas and Dany Parkins, what's not to like about that scenario?

You of course have to sign the obligatory agreement not to make eye contact with or talk with the "talent", but that is standard when meeting such esteemed members of society.

There you go Nas, your Pod with Parkins will be called "The Captain's Table", makes it less sportsy and more general discussion which should generate millions, if not billions of likes/clicks/follows. You then turn that revenue into a purchase of WSCR which will be renamed WNAS, well maybe not that as the real Nas may have an issue with that, but maybe and agreement where you do the good ole' sports-a-roo in the daytime and play old rap at night, with your night DJ Les Turnstylestine.

Your welcome!

This is all weird. Give Mr Roberts his medication back.

This finished product strawman doesn't work because it conflicts with the narrative that Fields himself isn't a finished product and that we need to be patient with him. While not a finished product, I'm reasonably comfortable believing a rookie quarterback can play at Fields' current level immediately.

Parkins has never agreed with me about Fields. Parkins disagrees with me regarding the quarterback the Bears should select, so does the entire station. Do better, my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Claw is a dumbass. The same "argument" can be used to keep Mac Jones or Zach Wilson around because they already know the system while a rookie QB would have to go through a learning curve. Straight up trash from Claw but that's to be expected.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:32 am 

It makes sense to bring Fields back next year if there isn't any value in trading him. It's a free year and gives the rookie QB less pressure to be starting on day one. Bagent could possibly fit that role too if he improves.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
It makes sense to bring Fields back next year if there isn't any value in trading him. It's a free year and gives the rookie QB less pressure to be starting on day one. Bagent could possibly fit that role too if he improves.

They could reasonably decide Fields isn’t a random QB and would make onboarding a highly picked rookie more challenging given intangibles.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:40 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:

They could reasonably decide Fields isn’t a random QB and would make onboarding a highly picked rookie more challenging given intangibles.

It's possible but almost all of the rookie QBs in the past few years have been disasters. Stroud is the only one working out. Even Trevor Lawrence had a rough first year.

It wouldn't be the worst thing to let Fields go out there and play even if he plays well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's possible but almost all of the rookie QBs in the past few years have been disasters. Stroud is the only one working out. Even Trevor Lawrence had a rough first year.

It wouldn't be the worst thing to let Fields go out there and play even if he plays well.

You’d need a very mentally strong QB like Jordan Love in that type of scenario.

Otherwise you’ll have a 1/1 pick replacing a guy with a cult following who’s played well. Any growing pains are going to be picked apart. Not sure if Caleb Williams can handle that and Drake Maye isn’t very good at football.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:46 am 

You’d need a very mentally strong QB like Jordan Love in that type of scenario.

Otherwise you’ll have a 1/1 pick replacing a guy with a cult following who’s played well. Any growing pains are going to be picked apart. Not sure if Caleb Williams can handle that and Drake Maye isn’t very good at football.

That is going to happen no matter who else is on the roster. I would guess you'll even get the "Should have kept Fields" pressure even if he is gone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
One issue of keeping Fields another year would be if the new QB pick is a drastically player style wise.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:54 am 

pittmike wrote:
One issue of keeping Fields another year would be if the new QB pick is a drastically player style wise.

We'll see if the new QB can throw more than 5 yards downfield before we worry about that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:56 am 

Brick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

We'll see if the new QB can throw more than 5 yards downfield before we worry about that.

True.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:00 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

None of the rookie quarterbacks had the supporting cast that will be around the Bears 1st pick. It would be malpractice to retain the services of Fields. Allow the draft pick to "compete" with Bagent for the job and name the starter a week before your first game if you want to duplicate the Texans process.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Stroud stepped into a good situation with the Texans having drafted OL/WR in the early rounds of the last 2 drafts + they took Nico Collins early (as they could) in the draft before those. Texans o-line dealing with injuries ==> Stroud concussed and out for a game now. Collins having a breakout year with Stroud at QB.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:22 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

None of the rookie quarterbacks had the supporting cast that will be around the Bears 1st pick. It would be malpractice to retain the services of Fields. Allow the draft pick to "compete" with Bagent for the job and name the starter a week before your first game if you want to duplicate the Texans process.

I believe this is what I want.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
if you're Fields, you'd probably prefer starting over with a new team rather than compete with or back up the next 1st overall pick QB.

Fields needs to find his Kellen Moore/Brian Griese QB whisperer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

What's your solution, Pops?

I don't know admittedly. But most teams luck into a QB. Maybe if you go about building a grotesquely talented team, a QB will show up.

Fair enough. After 80 years of not having a QB, I think we're due to "luck" into one. Getting the top pick in the draft two years in a row could be that luck.

Past history of "bad luck" has no bearing on the odds of getting lucky next year. Just like a roulette wheel, the lack of any one number hitting in the past does not increase its chances of hitting in the future.

But yes, having mutiple top picks improves the chances that one of them might actually know how to play football.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Tall Midget wrote:
The Bears don't need to draft a "finished" product to find a QB who will quickly have a floor higher than Fields' average level of play.

Fields is NEVER going to be a good or very good passer from the pocket. He is NEVER going to throw with anticipation. And he is ALWAYS going to have an unnecessarily high sack rate. He is not a catalyst for success; he is a detriment to it.

You are wrong about all of this. Having a terrific ability to escape pressure and extend plays is a terrific weapon to have in a quarterback. Perhaps you might consider how bad the Bears were in 2021 and 2022 in terms of offensive talent before you label Fields a "BUST". Fields is improving greatly right before all of our eyes.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:03 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You are wrong about all of this. Having a terrific ability to escape pressure and extend plays is a terrific weapon to have in a quarterback. Perhaps you might consider how bad the Bears were in 2021 and 2022 in terms of offensive talent before you label Fields a "BUST". Fields is improving greatly right before all of our eyes.

Am I missing something or was he the quarterback in those 2 years also?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Hawk lives in a parallel universe.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:13 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

If you want the Bear's offense to struggle thoroughly through all of next year, then by all means do this. :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Fields has improved, but he's still bad. He doesn't throw with anticipation, he can't attack the middle of the field, he takes unnecessary sacks, and he doesn't throw in rhythm. He is inadequate in almost every aspect of the passing game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Hawk wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

If you want the Bear's offense to struggle thoroughly through all of next year, then by all means do this. :oops: :oops:

Are you under the impression that the Bears' offense under Fields has been some kind of juggernaut?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Hawk lives in a parallel universe.
And is a big fan of the screen pass.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:31 pm 

Brick wrote:

As much as I would love to watch this scenario play out, it would be a disaster. It would absolutely be viewed as a slap at Fields, who I doubt would pretend to be happy about it. Fields would also be named the starter by Flus, and if he performs well what do you do? Trade a guy who played well at the most important position and hope the unknown guy turns out to be better? Keep and pay Fields? On the other hand, if Fields plays poorly early then the fans will cry out for the rookie and Fields will mope, further lowering any value he might have. It just seems like there are more ways for the keeping Fields and drafting his replacement scenario to turn out bad than good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Your welcome!

This finished product strawman doesn't work because it conflicts with the narrative that Fields himself isn't a finished product and that we need to be patient with him. While not a finished product, I'm reasonably comfortable believing a rookie quarterback can play at Fields' current level immediately.

Parkins has never agreed with me about Fields. Parkins disagrees with me regarding the quarterback the Bears should select, so does the entire station. Do better, my friend.

Sorry to have embarrassed one of the secret Facebook members, but it seems you have tried to reframe your original argument, so let's reset so you can learn from your mistakes.

First off you seem to be quite angry at being called out, again we know the pedestrian board members are not supposed to make fun of the secret Facebook group, but sometimes you just sound plain silly.

You argued that expecting a rookie QB to take time to develep was an "excuse", or something else really silly, I rightly pointed out that you would be in an extremely small group of people if you actually believed that, sorry you felt the need to buck up in response to being made fun of for that soft thought, but even the smallest dog has his day against the vaunted Secret Facebook Members.

Give the moderators full permission to remove or fully block me for my transgressions against the self-appointed board royalty, but it ain't gonna stop, so you may do with it as you wish.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:17 am 
100000 CLUB

My argument hasn't changed. I know this may sound crazy, but it's possible you may have been mistaken for the first time this century.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:19 am 

Nas wrote:
My argument hasn't changed. I know this may sound crazy, but it's possible you may have been mistaken for the first time this century.

Claw is the Vivek Ramaswamy of the board. He thinks every thought he has is brilliant and insightful, but they just come off as smarmy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:

Your welcome!

The statement of "while not a finished product, I'm reasonably comfortable believing a rookie qb can play at Field's level immediately" is very very silly. Right now, Fields is a definite legitimate starting NFL quarterback and the fact that you and others ignore his many terrific upside is ridiculous. He will be all-pro next season and whoever comes out of the NFL draft next year as quarterback will suffer the same growing pains like 95% of the qbs do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 47  Next