It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Matt Nagy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Objectively, he took a below .500 team and has gotten them to
Two playoffs in three years
He definitely coached them up to the 8-8 record...I mean well-deserved playoff spot. They've played great both times too. I'm on board bring them all back.

are you a packers fan?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nagy really shines in the playoffs.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
QB's Nagy wanted:

Bridgewater
Foles
Dalton

Please don't let him judge another QB.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
QB's Nagy wanted:

Bridgewater
Foles
Dalton

Bad list no doubt. This list is worse.

QBs ghat Pace wanted

Glennon
Mitch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:24 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
QB's Nagy wanted:

Bridgewater
Foles
Dalton

QBs ghat Pace wanted

Glennon
Mitch

I would argue (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the best quarterback on either list, but Glennon is by far the worst. Let Pace draft a QB in the 3rd round.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
QB's Nagy wanted:

Bridgewater
Foles
Dalton

QBs ghat Pace wanted

Glennon
Mitch

I would argue (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the best quarterback on either list, but Glennon is by far the worst. Let Pace draft a QB in the 3rd round.

Drafting a QB in the third round is highly unlikely to yield a starting-quality player.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
QB's Nagy wanted:

Bridgewater
Foles
Dalton

QBs ghat Pace wanted

Glennon
Mitch

Drafting a QB in the third round is highly unlikely to yield a starting-quality player.

Every team in the NFL would trade their entire draft for Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady and none were the first quarterback or player drafted. No one knows when it comes to quarterbacks. Taking a guy in the 2nd or 3rd has a good chance of hitting and that guy has no pressure to perform.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
QB's Nagy wanted:

Bridgewater
Foles
Dalton

QBs ghat Pace wanted

Glennon
Mitch

Every team in the NFL would trade their entire draft for Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady and none were the first quarterback or player drafted. No one knows when it comes to quarterbacks. Taking a guy in the 2nd or 3rd has a good chance of hitting and that guy has no pressure to perform.

There have been 21 quarterbacks drafted in the second round since 2001. Only four of them have been hits: Brees, Garoppolo, Carr, Kaepernick.

Do you consider this an impressive success rate?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
QB's Nagy wanted:

Bridgewater
Foles
Dalton

QBs ghat Pace wanted

Glennon
Mitch

There have been 21 quarterbacks drafted in the second round since 2001. Only four of them have been hits: Brees, Garoppolo, Carr, Kaepernick.

What percentage of first round picks have been hits?

I think this draft is different than most. Everyone is mortgaging the future to try to draft all of these media and agent promoted guys. A team with a good scouting department may be able to identify a quarterback who would have risen on draft boards in a traditional setting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tall Midget wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Pace should outsource drafting offense players to a third party.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
crowd-source the draft, give every season ticket holder a vote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I forgot about him.

That's about what you can hope for in the second round. Anyone excited about that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:57 am 

Hussra wrote:
crowd-source the draft, give every season ticket holder a vote

It's actually an idea that probably works at least with quarterbacks. Let everyone who is a season ticket holder vote on what quarterback is worth drafting in round one. If you hit a high enough percentage, say 75%, and they are available you draft them unless a higher percentage pick is available. If after 3 years, that quarterback isn't getting it done, do it again.

Outside of pick #1 which gives you the chance to get the can't miss prospect, all first round quarterbacks are roughly the same. Don't trade up unless you are going to miss out on any of them, take your lottery ticket, and cross your fingers. Repeat until you find Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The Bears aren't going anywhere this year. There's no reason to keep Nagy, if you're back at year 1 of another rebuild and you have no draft picks.

He couldn't coach Mitch while he was here and then made him the scape-goat in the off-season. That same quarterback destroyed the Bears Sat.

Andy Dalton should not be on the roster, period. $10 mil. for a guy at the end of his career after you spent the last three years developing Mitch, when you could have re-signed him. If your talent evaluation centered on Dalton, it's all the more reason you should be fired.

There's better things to do on Sundays than watch this team lose. You're looking at bottom of the NFC North.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
QB's Nagy wanted:

Bridgewater
Foles
Dalton

QBs ghat Pace wanted

Glennon
Mitch

Best second round QB of all time, Farve?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Honestly, watching a bad Bears team is quality entertainment. Those Cutler years were great. Always knew the back breaking INT was coming, and then Ed and Doug would yell for 2 hours after.

It's not quite as exciting with Hub though because he defends the starting QB to the bitter end.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Honestly, watching a bad Bears team is quality entertainment. Those Cutler years were great. Always knew the back breaking INT was coming, and then Ed and Doug would yell for 2 hours after.

It's not quite as exciting with Hub though because he defends the starting QB to the bitter end.

Caught a few mins of a podcast where Hub was vigorously defending Pace, it was almost comical listening to him use pretzel logic to defend Pace's lack of attention to the Oline in the draft. Hub is almost like a cartoon character at this point of his career.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Clawmaster wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Caught a few mins of a podcast where Hub was vigorously defending Pace, it was almost comical listening to him use pretzel logic to defend Pace's lack of attention to the Oline in the draft. Hub is almost like a cartoon character at this point of his career.

Kreutz highlighted the fact that Jimmy Graham ($10m) is making nearly as much as the entire offensive line ($12m). :shock: If that's not an indictment of Pace, I don't know what is. (Actually, there are many other indictments we could pick from.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:06 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Kreutz highlighted the fact that Jimmy Graham ($10m) is making nearly as much as the entire offensive line ($12m). :shock: If that's not an indictment of Pace, I don't know what is. (Actually, there are many other indictments we could pick from.)

Yep and there were plenty of opportunities to upgrade the OL this offseason.

Instead of paying the money to Dalton they should have invested it in the OL and went with Foles and Fields.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:35 am 

I'm no Pace fanboy but didn't they get Dalton before they knew they were in play for Fields? Also, they did invest a lot in the new OL rookie, forgot his name.

But, yeah, definitely agree that you need MUCH more. I am sore about o-line and WR.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:41 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'm no Pace fanboy but didn't they get Dalton before they knew they were in play for Fields? Also, they did invest a lot in the new OL rookie, forgot his name.

But, yeah, definitely agree that you need MUCH more. I am sore about o-line and WR.

Yeah, so the plan should have been go with Foles and a rookie QB that you draft. Even if you dont get Fields they had to draft a QB at some point in this draft. Just seems stupid to have foles and dalton and a crappy OL.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:42 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'm no Pace fanboy but didn't they get Dalton before they knew they were in play for Fields?

The dynamics of that are unclear. In hindsight there was zero reason to sign Dalton if the plan was to get Fields. But Pace would likely argue dumping (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and signing Dalton was necessary as a decoy to give them to best chance to move up and get Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:51 am 

I agree - I wanted no part of Dalton. Before we drafted Fields I had no intention of paying attention to anything Bears this year, primarily due to signing Dalton, which binds you to mediocrity at best. And if they brought Mitch back I was going to root for GB.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Clawmaster wrote:

Hub liked the Peters signing. Note the exclamation point.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Jaw Breaker wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I'm no Pace fanboy but didn't they get Dalton before they knew they were in play for Fields?

The dynamics of that are unclear. In hindsight there was zero reason to sign Dalton if the plan was to get Fields. But Pace would likely argue dumping (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and signing Dalton was necessary as a decoy to give them to best chance to move up and get Fields.

Mully said Bears plan was Fitzpatrick until Washington signed him. Dalton became the fallback.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
They were pretty much fucked when their QB plan fell through and they had to sign somebody...Dalton being the bottom of the barrel. Fields falling to them was just dumb luck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

GoldenJet wrote:
They were pretty much fucked when their QB plan fell through and they had to sign somebody...Dalton being the bottom of the barrel. Fields falling to them was just dumb luck.

Imagine the fans reaction if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had stuck it up Nagy's ass and Dalton sucked the way he did without Fields on the roster?

I've watched more preseason football than I should. Outside of Fields, Mac Jones has really looked good to me. His pocket awareness and ability to scan the field really impress me. Trey Lance looks the worst outside of his couple of big plays. Accuracy seems to be the biggest problem.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the dalton signing was bizarre. best case, he's barely better than foles who you already had on the roster.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:01 am 

Nas wrote:
Imagine the fans reaction if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had stuck it up Nagy's ass and Dalton sucked the way he did without Fields on the roster?

Grote asked callers whether Mitch would be booed upon his return, and I think the consensus was that having Fields would lessen the likelihood (or the intensity). Kind of like when you get a new girl, you don't focus on your ex as much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next